Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk riot dead commonwealth machine Gear Superpele Ryse Overhaul daryl ghoul money Reforged vault body wolfenstein mandalorian NPCs FCOM khan Armor boom boomers marvel Mask Call
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Hello GUNetwork! Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Hello GUNetwork!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Transient3292

Transient3292

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 6:19 am

Hey guys, just recently discovered this place and figured I'd say hi and stuff. For the last few week's ive been building up a mod list to revisit new vegas for the first time in a long time. Played it a lot back in the day on console and consider it one of my favorites of all time. Today i finally left the testing stage and am very excited to say that my game looks better than I could've imagined and plays butter smooth so far.

Since this is supposed to be an introduction I'll talk a bit about how i ended up here. I discovered pc gaming a little over a year ago and it completely changed how i look at videogames. What started as something to kill time transformed into something that has actually greatly benefited my life, including turning gaming into a creative outlet and a learning tool thanks to modding. The nexus was my gateway, and although I haven't published any mods yet, i started making an effort to learn about things under the hood and contribute to the community by helping other newcomers in any way that i can.
I discovered this place from stumbling onto some amazing looking mods that i had never seen before. After looking into it i seen a lot of negativity about the community. I've been browsing the threads for a while now and was surprised at the environment around here, including the rules. I definitely see where they are coming from with my own experience with the overall modding community. There are different types of modders and some people dont comprehend or care about the effort involved with making mods. Having a little community of others that have similar ideas, sounds pretty good to me!

Well ill stop rambling for now, ill try to share some screenshots of my playthrough when i get a little further in.
Back to top Go down
Kellen Wolf

Kellen Wolf

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 am

Welcome! Thank you for your intensive introduction, in my opinion, (just based off that), you will make a welcome and constructive addition to the community. Welcome
Back to top Go down
zodiac213

zodiac213

Character sheet
Name: Artyom
Faction: Mercenary
Level: Veteran

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 am

Howdy and welcome there. Always nice to see a new face around here that want's to be active and help out other people. While it's true that GUN does have a bit of a stigma around it in outside circles,it's only because they don't really understand what GUN is. It's not so much a mod hub like Nexus as it is a modding community,emphasis on the community part. Well anyways,welcome and feel free to chat and mingle with the locals and enjoy your stay.

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 7:35 am

A very warm welcome to you, @Transient3292. Great intro (way better than mine....), because I was nervous for the briefest of time about the crap out there about GUN. Truth is I received such a nice welcome and good feed back instantly that I've been here ever since. Now I get to return the welcome to newcomers like yourself. Completely agree with @Kellen Wolf....you should fit right in. Enjoy the people as much as the mods. Beer
Back to top Go down
Transient3292

Transient3292

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 12:14 am

Agreed , @zodiac. I love the nexus and there are some great people that are what i consider the nexus community, but it seems like there are even more people that aren't interested in any of that. Which is fine until they become insulting or entitled towards others.
Back to top Go down
TheRatDragon

TheRatDragon

Character sheet
Name: Matthew
Faction: USMC
Level: Applicant

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 12:35 am

Hey there, welcome to GUN @Transient3292! Really nice intro! A lot of people don't take the time to make a nice introduction like you did and I think you'll make an awesome addition to our community!

About the negativity of GUN, some people (Mostly millenials/Gen Z kids) want shit now. They don't want to work, they don't want to be a part of something, they want the mods, right here, right now. They try their absolute best to ruin GUN, leak our private mods (And fail in the process), say trash about us, so on so forth. Thing is, we're not like the Nexus. Our main thing isn't mods. It's community. It's a neighborhood of people coming together from all walks of life, from different countries, different continents, and different worlds. We all came here for mods, but we stayed because we made friends, we had a laugh, or something empowered us to stay. For me, it was a few friends I made and a laugh. It could be something else for you, but I guarantee you stay here long enough, you'll have made some good friends, and had some interesting encounters. GUNNetwork's main attraction might be modding, but it's probably the best community I've had the honor of being a part of. <-----(I've been a part of a lot of communities!!!)

Anyways, if you ever need someone to talk to, someone to share a story with, or just wanna have a good ol' conversation, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm not always here but I get on usually once a week.

Welcome to GUN dude.

Hello GUNetwork! Tenor
Back to top Go down
latenightmagic

latenightmagic

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 am

That was a good read!
Welcome to the forums, friendo. I hope you enjoy yourself!

Transient3292

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 am

TheRatDragon wrote:
Hey there, welcome to GUN @Transient3292! Really nice intro! A lot of people don't take the time to make a nice introduction like you did and I think you'll make an awesome addition to our community!

About the negativity of GUN, some people (Mostly millenials/Gen Z kids) want shit now. They don't want to work, they don't want to be a part of something, they want the mods, right here, right now. They try their absolute best to ruin GUN, leak our private mods (And fail in the process), say trash about us, so on so forth. Thing is, we're not like the Nexus. Our main thing isn't mods. It's community. It's a neighborhood of people coming together from all walks of life, from different countries, different continents, and different worlds. We all came here for mods, but we stayed because we made friends, we had a laugh, or something empowered us to stay. For me, it was a few friends I made and a laugh. It could be something else for you, but I guarantee you stay here long enough, you'll have made some good friends, and had some interesting encounters. GUNNetwork's main attraction might be modding, but it's probably the best community I've had the honor of being a part of. <-----(I've been a part of a lot of communities!!!)

Anyways, if you ever need someone to talk to, someone to share a story with, or just wanna have a good ol' conversation, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm not always here but I get on usually once a week.

Welcome to GUN dude.

Thanks. I was actually surprised at so many positive responses. I feel like I'm pretty bad at articulating myself through posts and all of that. I know what you mean though, I didn't intend to post here at all let alone read a bunch of threads,I just wanted to get one mod that was only available here. I always feel like i ramble too much when i do participate in conversation.

I'm still learning my way around the site when i get time to, but I definitely appreciate the warm welcome, everyone!
Back to top Go down
klaatu27

klaatu27

Character sheet
Name: Korben Dallas
Faction: Federal Army Special Forces
Level: 1000

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Hello @Transient3292 !!!!nice to meet you, I hope you enjoy your stay at gun Hello GUNetwork! 1f609

Dr. Gonzo

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2018 11:06 pm

Very good read up on how you made it here...enjoy your stay, the community, and most of all welcome!

Cheers!!!

Hello GUNetwork! 1f37b

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello GUNetwork! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello GUNetwork!   Hello GUNetwork! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello GUNetwork!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1