Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
September 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Fallout: NV crashes in middle of game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gratedparm

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Fallout: NV crashes in middle of game   Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 am

Like the title says, every time I play fallout new vegas, usually about 30mins in, my game suddenly freezes and won't become unfrozen or completely crashes back to the desktop. I feel I have tried every solution the internet has to offer. I have installed NVAC, NVSR, 4GB patch, and even going into the .ini files and changed things in there. I have mods installed already and have tried loading an entirely new save, to no avail. I had not played new vegas for very long before I got mods (foolish me wanting to get the most out of my experience), and was only loading up the game to ensure the mods worked. The crashes have only seemed to happen while outside, so I figured maybe it was nevada skies. Disabled it, no difference. I love the game, and it plays great too! But these crashes are making the game almost unplayable. My pc specs are:
i5 4690k @4.3 ghz
GTX 1060 3gb
8gb ddr3 ram @2133mhz

So obviously I don't believe it to be my system (seeing that it also plays way more intensive games just fine).
Here is a screenshot of all the mods I have and their load order:

PikaSalt

Character sheet
Name: PikaSalt
Faction: NCR
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: NV crashes in middle of game   Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:21 am

Read a comment by redmaxblower on the new vegas stutter remover comments on the nexus page. You can do without the enb changes if you're not using one, but these changes stopped all of my nv crashing.

Guide if you didn't see the link:

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: NV crashes in middle of game   Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 am

@"PikaSalt" Thank you so much! This fixed all of my crashing. I did have to change iHeapsize to 450 instead as the nexus user Dahveed replied, in order for it to work. The only thing now is that my game no longer looks quite as good as before (likely do to the settings I had to change in one of my enb .ini files), but I'll be fiddling with these setting to see what I can get away with. If not, this is still well worth the trade off! cowboy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout: NV crashes in middle of game   

Back to top Go down

Fallout: NV crashes in middle of game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Troubleshooting :: Troubleshooting Archives-