Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth Call vault mandalorian Superpele Mask Ryse Armor daryl NPCs wolfenstein khan marvel ghoul Overhaul boomers machine hunk boom riot money dead FCOM Reforged Gear body
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EyeShotFirst

EyeShotFirst

Character sheet
Name: Sharpe
Faction: Institute
Level: 37

If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Empty
PostSubject: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 5:18 pm

The more I play games like Skyrim and every Fallout since 3, the more I think of how other known worlds would benefit that style of RPG. There's a lot of similarities to the 2nd Dark Forces game as well as Mysteries of the Sith, in how you progress in the game, gain knew weapons and abilities. While it's crude by today's standards, it even had a karma based system that determined whether or not you ended the game as a hero or villain.

If one was to make a full game sized mod using one of Bethesda's titles do you think would serve it the best? Fallout 4 seems the most likely, just for its advanced engine, but Skyrim already has powers that are very much like what a jedi would use.

I think one would also be able to use more assets from Fallout, as they already have the used-world look the Star Wars universe is known for.

It would be so cool to see a game like Shadows of the Empire or Dark Forces 2 with more in depth RPG elements like Fallout NV. One could argue to just play KOTOR, but I still think it needs more of that rugged FPS style that the earlier Star Wars games had.

Back to top Go down
Dmitri2033

Dmitri2033

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 pm

The modding communist would probably find a way to port Skyrim or fallout over somehow. Like x-wings become dragons, or Thomas the train, etc etc.

Not saying it’s a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Carnall1

Carnall1

Character sheet
Name: Otis B. Driftwood
Faction: Home Army
Level: 10

PostSubject: Re: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 10:44 am

I would love to see old SW games you mentioned 'remastered' as a RPG sandbox or actually remastered in general. Never enough of good SW games and these were really good
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 6:02 pm

I don't think it's entirely feasible yet. Part of what makes Star Wars so interesting is the diversity of worlds. They would have to construct big maps for each planet they would include and they'd probably have to include a lot. Each map would have to have the same detail and care that each Fallout/ES title gets and that's asking for a whole lot.

That said, I believe the Skyrim engine would be best suited for it. While it lacks guns like Fallout, it has magic and that's very similar mechanically to the Force. The melee combat is also much better than Fallout's. They already had crossbows so it's not entirely impossible to add working guns into it. Some people already made gun mods. They used soul gems as ammo like a staff did and they could work off this concept for blasters.

I can't imagine Bethesda will get the license to do this so it'll be up to modders. Skyrim would have the most to offer for this mod, but you would be more likely to see it happen in NV or FO4.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 pm

They already have their space franchise with Starfield, so I don’t see them making a Star Wars game anytime soon.

I don’t want them to make a Star Wars game anyway. Starfield is a new creation from them and I want them to invent an entirely new universe, not use a pre-existing universe with their cookie cutter style of games.

Back to top Go down
drunkenSocrates

drunkenSocrates

PostSubject: Re: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 8:31 am

I rather have either Ubisoft or one of Sony's studios do a Star Wars RPG but not Bethesda. While I've been a Bethesda fanboy since F3, but their engine Gamebryo isn't cut out to do a good looking Star Wars RPG. Also, I don't know why but Todd Howard's team just doesn't put in the care of making character models look great compared to mod community's redesign of characters.

Bethesda does have the Id Tech Engine which looks good and could see a Star Wars FPS. The Frostbite engine still looks awesome even on low end systems, but if only EA wouldn't screw things up or downgrade the capabilities of their engine.

PostSubject: Re: If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?   If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game? Empty

Back to top Go down

If Bethesda Made a Star Wars Game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1