Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
FCOM commonwealth ghoul wolfenstein machine khan Ryse upgrades dead vault body space Gear money Superpele hunk Reforged Call NPCs boom daryl mandalorian Mask riot boomers marvel
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
A whole new world! Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
A whole new world! Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
A whole new world! Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
A whole new world! Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
A whole new world! Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
A whole new world! Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
A whole new world! Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
A whole new world! Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
A whole new world! Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
A whole new world! Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
A whole new world! Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
A whole new world! Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
A whole new world! Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
A whole new world! Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
A whole new world! Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
A whole new world! Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
A whole new world! Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
A whole new world! Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
A whole new world! Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
A whole new world! Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

A whole new world!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sgttommythecat

sgttommythecat

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Hey, anyone who reads this!

My name is Sean. I recently got back into FNV after a bit of disappointment with Fallout 4. I originally fell in love with this franchise when F3 came out (Played on XBox 360) and have been hooked ever since. I played New Vegas for a while back in the day and it felt a bit drawn out, but once I bought a PS4 SPECIFICALLY for F4, I missed the way the previous titles played. Fast forward to today, my wife and I bought a nice PC for her graphic design with enough power to play my favorites and now I'm right back into New Vegas like I never thought possible. Learning about all the capabilities of modding and rediscovering this game has actually made Fallout: New Vegas my favorite of the 3. I've only tried a couple weapons mods from Millenia on Nexus to see how it works and such, but that already has made my gameplay so much more interesting. I'm super excited to rebuild this game into a never ending exploration experience and am hoping to learn more about how to do so through communities like these. I can appreciate all the rules and respect that accompany this type of community. I can't even begin to imagine the effort it takes to do what modders do... So, here's to further understanding! Again, super stoked about this new way of gaming. I'm 32 and still think DOOM on Windows 95 is one of the best titles ever built... haha... This way of gaming is fascinating. Hope to connect with all you folks. Cheers!

Sean "sgttommythecat"

P.S. Mad points to anyone who can catch the reference in my screen name...
Back to top Go down
darkstyler

darkstyler

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 pm

@sgttommythecat Hello Sean and welcome, hope you'll find what you need here, see you later Smile

matticus4205

matticus4205

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 4:04 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tommy The Cat a Primus song? Anyway glad to have you here bud, if you still have that PS4 maybe we could game together at some point. Feel free to add me, my PSN name is the same as on here.

sgttommythecat

sgttommythecat

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 6:50 am

darkstyler wrote:
@sgttommythecat Hello Sean and welcome, hope you'll find what you need here, see you later Smile

Thank you, sir!  I hope so too...  Too much good stuff to pass up.  My wife is tripping because I'm obsessing over this game like nothing ever before!  Haha... Plus, I'll need all the advice I can get to properly run these mods.  Doing a decent job so far, but it takes a long time inserting mods manually when you've never done it before.  I've been using Millenia's gun mods which some have forced me to apply some thought into using NVSE.   So, I guess my next step is getting into overhauls and seeing how they work on my computer.  Any thoughts or advice?  I'm using a CyberPower with AMD Ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.2Ghz, AMD Radeon RX580, 8 Gigs...  Do you think that'll run all the best overhaul mods?  Or am I wishfully hoping...?  I am a dud when it comes to computers, unfortunately.  Anyway, thanks for responding!

Sean

matticus4205 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tommy The Cat a Primus song? Anyway glad to have you here bud, if you still have that PS4 maybe we could game together at some point. Feel free to add me, my PSN name is the same as on here.

Cool man! I'm hardly on PS4, now that I'm back on Fallout... I usually only play Steep with the multiplayer as the other games I play are mostly single player.

On the topic though... You are correct! My name used to be Sgt"TommyTheCat"Baker in reference to the two tracks on Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Sgt. Baker and of course, Tommy the Cat. I think I might have to change it back. Anyway, good one man! haha...

Thanks for chiming in, bro!

Sean
Back to top Go down
RelayQuad4

RelayQuad4

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 am

That takes me back to when fallout 3 gameplay trailers were my only source of excitement while waiting for the game to come out.

darkstyler

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 7:46 am

@sgttommythecat
Quote :
Plus, I'll need all the advice I can get to properly run these mods. Doing a decent job so far, but it takes a long time inserting mods manually when you've never done it before.

You may take a look at my sig, you have some interesting tips in troubleshooting FNV and do not hesitate to ask help if needed Wink

sgttommythecat

sgttommythecat

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 8:47 am

RelayQuad4 wrote:
That takes me back to when fallout 3 gameplay trailers were my only source of excitement while waiting for the game to come out.

Honestly, man...  I'm right back at that level.  The fact that there is so much customization, is blowing my mind.  Had I understood the meaning of modding back when Fallout 3 first came out, I would be on a totally different wavelength with all these possibilities.  I'm actually glad it took this long to finally get into it.  I love the Fallout series and modding New Vegas is like renewing vows... at my age, I'm feeling like a kid again.

darkstyler wrote:
@sgttommythecat
Quote :
Plus, I'll need all the advice I can get to properly run these mods. Doing a decent job so far, but it takes a long time inserting mods manually when you've never done it before.

You may take a look at my sig, you have some interesting tips in troubleshooting FNV and do not hesitate to ask help if needed Wink

Awesome, man! Thank you for your hospitality. Eventually, I'd like to experiment with some of the badass mods this forum has to offer, but I'm already losing my mind with everything already available to me! So much fun... Its really rewarding to get these things to work! I'll definitely be taking my time getting to know New Vegas mods and what will work best. I'm already super grateful for what's out there. Are Millenia and DragBody in this community? I haven't looked... I should. If they are, I'll hit them up and give them a shout out. Love their work! Thanks again for offering help. All us newbs really appreciate it. Most of us, anyway.
Back to top Go down
darkstyler

darkstyler

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 am

@sgttommythecat
Quote :
but I'm already losing my mind with everything already available to me!
true lol, that's what I'm feeling too ! And yes Dragbody is here, Millenia no. You may use the mods master thread yellow link on the left, it can help Smile

sgttommythecat

sgttommythecat

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 9:36 am

darkstyler wrote:
@sgttommythecat
Quote :
but I'm already losing my mind with everything already available to me!
true lol, that's what I'm feeling too ! And yes Dragbody is here, Millenia no. You may use the mods master thread yellow link on the left, it can help Smile

Bitchin'.... Yeah, I've got alot to check out here. It's unfortunate Millenia isn't! Unless he's under a different alias now. Dude has some real sick weapons, I'm sure you are aware. I'm currently playing with the Codename RU-556, M-14, and CZ805 BREN as my go to's. I also downloaded his Colt 1911 and a couple shotguns. The interesting thing about installing the CZ805 is that I had to install a Weapons Animator mod to use it. Through trial and error, I was able to get it working smoothly and man, that was the most rewarding thing! haha... I realize there are people in here who might roll their eyes when they read this cause I'm so green, but its all good. I'm stoked, cause the animation went bonkers on me quite a few times before finally doing it correctly. All trial and error!
Back to top Go down
darkstyler

darkstyler

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 11:33 am

@sgttommythecat
Quote :
All trial and error
that's the best way to progress I think Wink

sgttommythecat

sgttommythecat

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 1:03 pm

This is true! However frustrating... But, when something works, it's worth the trouble

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi Sean. Anybody who enjoys DOOM instantly gains my respect.

sgttommythecat

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Posterize4VC wrote:
Hi Sean. Anybody who enjoys DOOM instantly gains my respect.

Right on, brother. Although Wolfenstein was the first, DOOM took it to the level for me. I grew up on that game!

A whole new world! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A whole new world!   A whole new world! Empty

Back to top Go down

A whole new world!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1