Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wertologist

PostSubject: Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game   Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:37 am

I just decided to restart the story, but after I created my character, I run into a serious bug. I walk into the kitchen and talk to Codsworth. He tells me that my coffee is ready and then runs off to Shaun. Then nothing happens. I tried going to Shaun to play with him, spin the mobile, interacted with everything in the house, and even waited about 10 minutes. Nothing happens after Codsworth enters Shaun's room. I reloaded a save to try again as I read that may trigger the game to trigger the scrip, but it did nothing.

I have no idea how to get by this bug.

Does anyone know the console command to trigger the Vault Tec rep to knock on my door? I'm pretty sure he's the next scripted event, but he never shows up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game   Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:48 pm

dare I ask about your mods and load order?

I know it's not immersive, however I would get a savegame that starts you outside of the vault, facerip your character from this save to that one...and continue...although you run the risk of getting stuck later if you don't figure this out...so we could start with mods/load order

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game   Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 pm

I figured it out. It was a mod called Zombie Walkers. Kept spawning feral ghouls inside prewar sanctuary and killed the Vault-Tec Rep which broke the prologue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game   Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:31 pm

@Wertologist wrote:
I figured it out. It was a mod called Zombie Walkers. Kept spawning feral ghouls inside prewar sanctuary and killed the Vault-Tec Rep which broke the prologue.

By technicality, Ghouls prevented the nuclear war. Just saying. So long as he never goes to your house, the bombs will never drop. Sanctuary Hills were sacrificed for the sake of the world. Seems like a pretty good trade off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game   

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4: Can't leave house at the start of new game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Troubleshooting-