Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
FCOM Reforged vault body boomers dead khan mandalorian commonwealth Armor daryl money Call boom Superpele riot hunk ghoul NPCs marvel Overhaul wolfenstein Mask Gear machine Ryse
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Vehicles in Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 4:16 pm

@praising I would image the water system would be a lot like Far Cry 3. So lots of little rivers to travel up or different swamps to sail around. Obviously military PT boats, motorboats or makeshift boats would be a thing. If you ever played Witcher 3, a sailboat would be a nice way to get around some swampy areas with little noise.

@OSOK So like power armor, but like wearing a tank? Like actually wearing one, treads and all? I like it. It would seem like one of the early ideas for power armor that would have been scrapped for the bi-pedal models.

Back to top Go down
OSOK

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 25, 2017 7:44 pm

@praising

I want Fallout Aloha! that would just be awesome to have different factions on different islands

sandtwister200

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Black Mountain
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 12:41 am

I think that Vehicles would be a great addition to the Fallout game especially New Vegas. Perhaps factions like some Shit kicking spitoon spitting cowboys with motorcycles, dirt pushing legions with dirtbikes (mad max style), NCR and their salvaged trucks and possibly even some vertibirds for the Boomers, BoS and Enclave. It's unfortunate to know that the roads in FNV are narrow and that the terrain is not really suited for vehicles but that could be altered by some people, possibly even myself. I do recall that in Fallout 2 the Protagonist fixed a highwayman which makes him rank amongst the most shit kicking badasses in the wasteland, so in a sense, vehicles could be lore friendly or not. If we look at mods such as XRE cars and Vertibird, they are just too immersive which is OK but it just has too many glitches and bugs. The idea of altering the roads, highways and more is great and in the near future I woulf like to see it.

stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 am

@sandtwister200 The terrain would have to be reworked in order to fit vehicles. Like longer distances between towns, longer roads, and maybe flatter too. Just like the Mojave IRL, which is really flat with mountains surrounding the land. But it would be cool it see faction related vehciles. Like the khans with hogs, legion has dirtbikes, the NCR has vertibirds, salvaged tanks, apcs and trucks. This of course would only be feasible if the game was remade to fit the system.

Back to top Go down
Marcus Viper

Marcus Viper

Character sheet
Name: Hunter
Faction: Scavenger
Level: 8 outta 10 bolts

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 7:22 am

Vehicles are something I wanted back in the game since I played fallout 3 but it was never to be. To be honest I think things like mounts would be fine, it will get you around a little faster without being to fast the engine couldn't handle it. I suppose its all about where the next game would be set, while vehicles can be limited if you have a horse like the one from Skyrim you can go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 8:05 am

That's a good idea actually; adding vehicles to the game. If that were the case though, I guess the world needs to be a more clean for that to work because if the roads are cluttered, the studio would then need to design a vehicle that could traverse through the rubble and I doubt the artists would want the extra work when they could just remove junk.

If the developers were to add vehicles, I think a reasonable one would be your own Vertibird since VBs are becoming common now and it needs standard FC/s to run. Another thing to keep in mind would be a better game engine so that everything would stick together and not fall apart. Honestly man, I still like travelling on foot rather than vehicles. I've played Far Cry 3,4, and Blood Dragon, along with GTA and just travelling on foot reveals a lot of detail regarding the world. Yes its slow, but its such a sight to see how much effort they put into the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 11:45 am

@njmanga097 you are right about walking everywhere. It does show all the little hidden details of the map. I was thinking that vehicles might be used in certain areas, or for certain quests or by factions. Not really as a forced substitute for walking, but more of a complementary or alternate way of getting around in style.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Even though it would be cool to see vehicles in Fallout, the current engine that they use just can't do it, even if modder create vehicles, it will be buggy as hell and i would rather not let them get into my game.
Back to top Go down
mixtape69

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Fallout 4 technically had vehicles with the Vertibirds, but for any future Fallout, I'd really love to see them implemented. However they should be something rare to find, not something you can immediately pick up 30 minutes into the game. Below are my ideas if vehicles ever did get implemented in a future fallout title are below.

Any basic pre-war car:

High repair skill (75 or higher) or find all the parts required to repair the car or have the jury rigging perk should it be added.

High perception (preferably 7 or higher)

Good science skill (50 and higher) or find all the engine components required.

High intelligence (6 or higher)

You should also be able to modify the vehicle with such mods like armor or mounted guns. Armor would requires you have high repair and perception to properly armor it while mounting weapons requires both high guns skill (or small guns/big guns should these be put back in the next title) in addition to high repair skill. Engines should also follow with a modding system, allowing you to mod any part of the engine to give you perks like lower energy consumption to better performance. For finding parts and engine components to pre-war vehicles, they should be found across the map or in the inventories of merchants and NPCs.

Any pre-war military vehicle would follow the same basic procedures, but require higher strength and endurance to operate due to the heavy nature of these vehicles. If they're armed with guns or cannons, a requirement of at least 50 guns or explosives to operate them.

Finally any pre-war aircraft or Vertibirds you can pilot yourself:

Maxed out repair or find all the parts required (and for balance and challenge, make the parts rare or hard to find by putting them in high level areas with boss like enemy NPCs in a style similar to Vault 34's armory.)

Near maxed out perception (8 or higher)

Maxed out science or find all engine components required

Very high intelligence (8 or higher)

High guns and explosives skill to use any mounted guns, missiles, or bombs in the aircraft.

All of that would be good balance and reward you for having high skill or paying attention to finding the parts needed.

Vehicles are far from lore breaking, they'd be a fantastic inclusion for the next fallout, it's just the engine that Fallout currently uses is a bit worrisome and will result in a bumpy and unpolished feeling.

annex77

annex77

Character sheet
Name: AnNix!
Faction: Enclave
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 9:22 pm

The vehicles I put in FO4 are fun but the driving ones are rough because of the road clutter. Also in it's current state the engine does struggle to load cells when the vehicles are speeding.

Character sheet
Name: Dashaun Barlow
Faction: NCR
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 29, 2017 10:12 am

Vehicles in Fallout would be a great idea if integrated properly. In Fallout 4, vehicles would be great for survival mode, where you can't fast travel. A car, motorbike, horse, whatever! it would be great for traversing the wasteland!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vehicles in Fallout    Vehicles in Fallout  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vehicles in Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2