Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul space Gear riot wolfenstein upgrades mandalorian body dead machine Call money Ryse boom FCOM boomers marvel NPCs commonwealth hunk vault Reforged Superpele daryl khan Mask
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 12:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Empty
PostSubject: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 11:59 am

This thread is meant for all the anger directed at the infamous creation club. The CC is pretty controversial, and a lot of the Fallout youtube community has its opinions too. So lets just use this thread to direct all our collective anger to the """"High Quality DLC"""" the Bethesda clearly spent much time thinking about.

This thread is supposed to be therapeutic and some what cathartic. Let the anger flow through you Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

I told as many people on the steam forums about the fact you can pirate the mods if you have a ba/ba2 archiver. I got a 3 day ban for the forums for Fo4, I'm just confused why it's 3 days and not a permanent one. (Note: I didn't pirate any mods, just saying that it was possible.). I'm going to post more threads like that one to see if the mods there will perma ban me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 pm

@stoobygacks Yeah this thread is a good idea. I'll give my short two cents.

I really don't mind paying for mini dlcs. The weapons Bethesda made and have uploaded are cool. They fit in the game perfect because they are the creators.

The issue is the cost. $4 a gun? WTF??? The game has like 60+ in it vanilla. Should the game have been $240? The weapons don't even have new animations LOL!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 8:51 pm

I don't mind paying for DLCs, as long as they add massive or large amounts of new contents to the game. But as you said, "$4 a gun?", this CC thing is just bullshit. If they did it as there version of nexus for high quality mods, where you pick what mods you want to download for free to add, that would be fine, but they made the same mistake by adding paid mods. I don't get why they didn't learn from when they tired this with the Steam workshop with skyrim in 2015.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 9:24 pm

I still can't understand why people would willingly pay for microtransactions anyway, even if they were of an lower price. Just proves that Bethesda pulling in the mainstream crowd isn't always a good thing. There's a reason why people hate microtransactions and the companies who roll them out. You hardly ever see someone raving how great buying a pipboy retexture or weapon camo is now do you? Reason being that microtransactions are a cheap excuse for these companies to metaphorically pickpocket you nickel and dime for every last coin using nothing more than eyecandy that has no impact on gameplay at all and due to the game being a singleplayer game, has even less value. At least with multiplayer games the common customer for these microtransactions just buys them to show off to their friends, like with hats or weapon skins. In a singleplayer game, you won't be able to do this at all, so you're wasting your money, and encouraging Bethesda to become more money-hungry at the same time. You're only hurting yourselves, but it's hardly like the lobotomites that throw money at Beth for pipboy retextures will understand this.

You see, this is why the community is so split all the time. The mainstream crowd want Fallout to move to other countries, have a multiplayer mode, have team deathmatches and mountain dew and doritos while the older crowd want Bethesda to focus on story and have the game become a typical old-school RPG. It's a double-edged sword for Beth/Zeni to attract more of the mainstream, because the mainstream gamers want to turn Beth games into online MMOs or FPS games, exactly why TES: Online was such a flop. Bethesda/Zenimax want more of the mainstream to buy their games so they can get away with shitty microtransactions and have everyone turn a blind eye to their shittiness, hence why they did the OG paid mods back on Steam, because Steam has all the mainstream players. Fortunately the modding community, which has been around for years before then fixing everything Bethesda couldn't spare a few minutes to do, protested this and had paid mods scrapped, but personally, I don't think we'll be able to do it again. Fallout 4 attracted so many of the cancerous FPS console players to the community, and the Beth.net shows this. Sure before Beth.net and console mods there were cancerous people who would harass mod authors, but there are way more now. Now a modder will be harassed by console "peasants" because they don't want to port their mod to consoles. It's a fucking tragedy! Now modders will release PC mods one day to check Beth.net the next and find a port of their mod without permission to consoles by thieves. Now a modder will have death threats sent to them by the retards on consoles running their games at 30 FPS while raging at how PC is better for modding. I'm going off point though, so I'll stop now. Just proves how much little regard they have for their modders.

I honestly can't understand why Bethesda would try to hurt their own fucking reputation and community at the same time to get some chump change from the mindless apes that purchase this shit. Surely they would roll in more money having a good reputation with the community like with CD Projekt Red and the Witcher, but I digress.
Back to top Go down
WarDaddy

WarDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 10:10 pm

What did we expect from a lazy and shit company like bethesda lol, when fo4 came out they clearly showed us how mentally challenged they were. Wasn't surprised that now they are trying to sell lazy shit mods for dlc prices lol. Don't get me wrong I would pay for stuff but not for that trash they got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Bethesda is turning into EA/Actvision slowly with this paid content. This is why I think Obsidian should be devolving fallout games. I've linked an image that shows how NV is better than 3, and looking at it makes you realize that 3 is similar to 4.
Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Wy1ngE6
Back to top Go down
WarDaddy

WarDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyTue Sep 05, 2017 10:31 pm

The Western Fox wrote:
Bethesda is turning into EA/Actvision slowly with this paid content. This is why I think Obsidian should be devolving fallout games. I've linked an image that shows how NV is better than 3, and looking at it makes you realize that 3 is similar to 4.

When I saw the Fo4 gameplay trailer I knew it was a fuck up, the ai just running straight into the trap that was placed in the middle of nowhere and the left sided guns.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:57 am

The Western Fox wrote:

That graph bothers me every time I see it. The bias the creator had is so blatant. New Vegas wasn't so perfect and almost everything it brings up isn't as glorious as it is implied.
Back to top Go down
momuse88

momuse88

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:08 am

@Wertologist Agree completely. I love FNV as much as the next guy but this weird little cult surrounding Obsidian is weird as hell. Obsidian has this small army of defenders who claim they're absolutely flawless and have only ever made mistakes due to pressure from outside forces (most notably blaming NV's flaws and bugs on Bethesda who apparently forced them to sign a contract with a project deadline against their will).

Oh, they're trustworthy? Nevermind that Pillars of Eternity had a bunch performance issues, tons of game breaking bugs, it had save files corrupted, you could potentially soft lock so many side quests by just walking around and talking to people, the forums had countless amount of bug reports, the first few patch didn't solve any of them but were all "balancing patches". But that was probably Bethescuck fault too!!!

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:25 am

Guys we're getting off topic here. Let's not get into who's better. Obsidian or Bethesda. That's a topic for another post.

No, let's focus on the monstrosity that is the Creation Club. Many people stated they have no problem paying for DLC, and that's how I feel. I'll pay for DLC, but not mods. And I know Bethesda said, "This isn't paid mods". But they only give you a 100 in game credits(So far you can only buy Pip-Boy skins), and if you need to get more credits then you have to buy them. There's no way to earn them in game which means it is paid mods.

Look, the idea isn't bad. Really it isn't. But if you're gonna use this system then you really need to come up with something creative! Not a generic weapon or mods that are already available on the Nexus. Something like Beyond Skyrim. Now that would be worth the money. Anyway. I'm ignoring the Creation Club until they really do something creative with it, but I won't hold my breath.

Oh, and one more thing. The files to the Creation Club's mods are already added into your game. That might not sound bad, but if they keep adding more mods it means you're gonna keep losing space on your computer. Well done, Bethesda... Don't do it
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 2:26 am

I think a lot of us are beating a dead horse at this point, but funnily enough one that keeps reviving itself and coming back for more. It's quite annoying to see Obsidian fanatics in nearly every topic but at least we can take pleasure knowing they are quite a small minority of players that make up for what they lack in critical thinking and numbers with insults and off-topic shitposting (and I guess you can add downvoting to that list seeing as @Wertologist's post was downvoted for no good reason).

EDIT: Dunno why everybody in that chain's posts have been downvoted now?

On topic though, this creation club won't last at all. It's taking a longer time than paid mods did but hopefully Bethesda get the message, pack their things and move out of the modding community for good. All they have done with the modding community is negative, and although I would like to see them acknowledge popular mods and add them to their newer games, like they did with Wasteland Defense for New Vegas being implemented into Fallout 4 as the settlement system, I feel as if they should keep out of releasing content that just isn't worth it. It's one thing to sell off settlement items as overpriced "DLC" but then making money off modder's hard work is just unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
kiionohi

kiionohi

Character sheet
Name: Eery
Faction: Questlove
Level: 11

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 5:49 am

IMO Creation Club is going to be continuously implemented, especially in later titles if they make a new elder scrolls or fallout game. It's not supported as much now because Fallout 4 is meh, and Skyrim in 2017 is literally Skyrim in 2011 with new mods. Same game, different year.

I don't see Bethesda backing off anytime soon, but in their defense I would try to take the reins of the modding community as well. My personal experience Elder Scrolls/Fallout modding community lately is absolute trash lmfao. It's borderline pedophile companions, body presets and every re-iteration of New Vegas outfits ever imaginable that's cast mainstream. Its to the point that ports(illegal mods) are almost more legit than actual original made content specifically toward Fallout 4.

Though, if Creation Club will just force everyone to download their mods then Beth has to do better than that like it won't be spread around like free candy on Halloween.

Also as Corvo said, relax with the random rep fams, Fallout 3 sucks and New Vegas sucks :p

Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 10:45 am

@Corvo
>(and I guess you can add downvoting to that list seeing as @Wertologist's post was downvoted for no good reason).

As @momuse88 said, there's like a cult following to Obsidian that some people will seemingly defend to the death over. The funny thing is I didn't even say anything hostile. Just pointed out the obvious bias and misleading facts.
Back to top Go down
shadowshade

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:02 pm

I don't think this hasn't to do with Obsidian in particular, but with NV being deemed a classic or having cult-status in - I dare say - mainstream-gaming; very much like Morrowind or Mass Effect 1.
And whenever one critisizes such games, a bunch of people, who think they're such veteran-gamers and know what's a good game etc., show up and almost act as if they were personally insulted.
Sure, the games mentioned are great but that doesn't mean they are relieved of criticism.

Regarding the Creation Club, I would like to quote the creator of the FO3 mods "The Institute" and "Ties that Bind"

thefourwings wrote:

I've gotten a lot of questions lately, about whether I have plans for a Fallout 4 mod, especially given that my first mod, The Institute, elaborated on the Commonwealth-based Institute that now appears to be the basis of the main plot in Fallout 4. The short answer is that I would love to, but that it's hard to justify. Those who closely followed the development of Ties that Bind know how much it killed me having to constantly delay the mod's development, due to balancing it with everyday life. Since finishing the mod, I've been living off a pittance in order to remain and independent game developer, and though I now have the flexibility to commit to developing a mod full time, it's hard to justify doing so when that's time that could be spent on standalone products.

My secret hope had been that Bethesda and Valve would use Fallout 4 to take a second shot at rolling out a paid mod system - and actually do it right this time. That way, I could justify the investment of dedicating 1-2 months working 70hrs/wk at developing a quality F4 mod, worth spending a couple bucks on, which would in turn help financially support my indie game development thereafter. Bethesda has indicated, however, that given the trainwreck of their first attempt, they have not plans to try again at this time.

Underl. by me. Source:
Code:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19941/
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Personally I don't think it's because New Vegas was a legendary game, because Fallout 3 in all respects was just as legendary, and sold more copies bearing in mind, yet you don't see Fallout 3 fans spamming every topic with how Fallout 3 is better than nearly everything. It's a problem with developer loyalty in general and bandwagons. The village idiots that think Obsidian can do no wrong are split into two parts, those who actually played the older Fallout games and therefore fanboy Obsidian because Obsidian has Avellone and members of the old Interplay in it, and there's the other half who are generally just wannabes and posers who hooked onto the bandwagon.

It's not too big of a deal tbh. Every game out there has the toxic parts to their communities and Fallout is no different.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
momuse88

momuse88

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:52 pm

@Wertologist I accidentally gave you a negative rep. It was late and I fat fingered my GPD. I wish the system would let us change our votes afterwards.

JJHughes

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 12:57 pm

@momuse88 unfortunately, just like in life, you can't take it back. you can only apologize and explain the mistake, but in private of course.
Back to top Go down
momuse88

momuse88

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread EmptyWed Sep 06, 2017 1:05 pm

@JJHughes True.

Ok everyone, next round of Jimmy John's is on me.

PostSubject: Re: Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread   Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Creation Club Ranting and Raving Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next