Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse Armor wolfenstein daryl marvel hunk boomers money Reforged Superpele ghoul mandalorian khan body Gear FCOM Call Mask boom vault dead machine Overhaul NPCs riot commonwealth
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The creation club isn't really a succes is it.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
gloomor

gloomor

The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 12:12 pm

Well for me Bethesda is selling recycled and overpriced content which have better alternatives ( for free )
and it's causing more trouble than it's worth when they say it will be "curated content".

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 1:38 pm

I wanted to believe that Beth' would give us some new content, with quests and such, and not just paid mod... Man, I was wrong !

Ever since the release of Fallout 4, Bethesda has really gone downhill. They have become greedy and even somewhat lazy, it seems !

I REALLY hope their next game will blow our minds, because right now, I'm starting to be very disappointed....

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm

I would only pay for something that was DLC sized, in both content and quality. What we got was half assed set of armors and furniture that can be gotten for free buy those kind enough to provide them for free. In no way is a power armor paint job or some modern furniture worth 1-4 US dollars. Frankly it is by all sense of the word, microtranactions. But not even pulled off to look good. Honestly, I am wondering who signed off on this idea. Paid mods failed in the past, and it failed again. People are not as stupid as Bethesda wishes.

Back to top Go down
trans4m117

trans4m117

Character sheet
Name: Alyce
Faction: Vampire
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 pm

Pete Hines: "okay guys, how bout this. Microtransactions, in both of our single player rpgs."

Beth devs: "yea sure why not"
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/memes.n.waifus/
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 5:27 pm

More like:

Zenimax: "Alright, Bethesda, we're going to need you to progress this whole paid mods idea, but it didn't work out the first time with Valve, so let's do it on our own."

BGS and BethSoft: "Wait, what? You want us to create paid mods 2.0 and you don't think there's going to be any backlash whatsoever?"

Zenimax: "We need more money for Skyrim Complete Ultra Legendary Edition for the Nintendo Switch. Get to it."

BGS and BethSoft: "K."

A few months later....(after CC is released)

Random guy on Twitter: "I'll just download the same thing for free from mods why would I pay money to download it?"

Zenimax whispers into Pete Hines' Ear

Pete Hines (Beth Spokesman): "It's not the same thing. They don't work the same as mods."

Random guy on Twitter:"So what exactly is the difference if you don't mind me asking?"

Zenimax whispers into Pete Hines' Ear a second time.

Pete Hines (Beth Spokesman): "tested by our QA and will be compat with game and DLC, doesn't turn off achievements and trophies, it's like mini DLC's."

Another random guy on Twitter: "So..Official mods. You guys do you, but call a spade a spade man, I think most of the anger here is because of the intentional wordplay."

Pete Hines (Beth Spokesman): "People who want to get angry are going to get angry. You can call it whatever you want. They can try it, or not. Either is ok with me."

Pete Hines starts loading a nearby gun.

Same Random guy on Twitter: "You're not wrong there, but the tone of indifference would be better left out as so not to lump in those of us who support you."

Third random guy on Twitter: "Well Creation Club is out and everyone hates it, no surprise there. Not to mention you lied saying existing mods won't be buyable."

Hines finishes loading the gun.

Pete Hines: Farewell, world...

*Gunshot*

Honestly I really feel bad for the guy. He's defending something that it's his job to defend and people are literally trolling him for it.

Back to top Go down
trans4m117

trans4m117

Character sheet
Name: Alyce
Faction: Vampire
Level: 20

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 5:50 pm

well he also leaked that a new game is coming when i very well could just be Fallout 4 Special Ultrra p90x Supreme
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/memes.n.waifus/
LumiStardust

LumiStardust

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 6:24 pm

^^ I've heard in a couple of places (nothing official, but with enough regularity that I've started thinking there's at least something to it) that Bethesda's working on some kind of Star Wars-esque space opera sandbox game. If that's what they're actually working on, I'll be giddy as a 1990's schoolgirl at an N'Sync concert.
Back to top Go down
mixtape69

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

I have no issue against paid mods or paying to get a mod. However, I do not support Bethesda's way of doing it.

I'd rather have all or most the money I spent on the mod go directly to the mod author rather than have Bethesda or another middle man like Valve take the bulk of it. Creation Club tries to push itself as a premium service, but so far I've only really seen 2 or 3 good mods worth getting from there while free alternatives that are far superior exist on the Nexus.

Banewrath

Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 8:19 pm

mixtape69 wrote:
I have no issue against paid mods or paying to get a mod. However, I do not support Bethesda's way of doing it.

I'd rather have all or most the money I spent on the mod go directly to the mod author rather than have Bethesda or another middle man like Valve take the bulk of it. Creation Club tries to push itself as a premium service, but so far I've only really seen 2 or 3 good mods worth getting from there while free alternatives that are far superior exist on the Nexus.

From what I understand. The modders for CC are paid contractors. Bethesda has them make something and pays them for it. Bethesda then takes possession of it and incorporates it into the ESL format so it injects itself into the ESM. Then they sell it to us. So the modders are getting paid from between $100 bucks to a $1000 dollars for the mod depending on what it is. Bethesda then claims rights to it and redistributes it.

I don`t think it`s a bad idea as long as the content is worth it and interesting. I saw the doom bfg and was tempted but declined. It had no mods, same with the doom suit. If they are going to sell something in CC, at least make it fit into the game like everything else does and have it moddable with options. Don`t just dump an ugly ass green suit into my inventory and call that content. How hard would it have been to get a radio signal and follow a distress beacon to the corpse of the doom guy or find him laying there after a battle and he tells you take the suit? He could have been trapped in an the missle bunker in the glowing sea and turned feral and you needed to kill him for the suit. Anything ffs.

The content should also not be buggy if we are paying for it. There is supposed to be problems with the chrome power armor not having the correct misc item mods. Content should be tested completely before being put up for sale. Other then that though if something catches my eye , I`d buy it.
Back to top Go down
LumiStardust

LumiStardust

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 27, 2017 9:20 pm

@"Banewrath" This is pretty exactly what's going on. And I fully agree: we need more quality in the content. This is why I only recommend the Modular Military Backpack at present. It looks great, is pretty fully customisable, and integrates well into the core experience. The Prototype Gauss Rifle and the BFG might be fun for you, but it's a major case of Your Mileage May Vary.

For almost everything else in the store, there's a free mod that at least does something more daring with the idea, and usually does it more competently and effectively.

With only 1 must-have and 2-3 stiff "maybes" in the stable at present, Bethesda definitely doesn't have much of a winner yet. I like their style of paying modders, but there's nothing to suggest the Micro-DLC experiment is going to be a long term financial success for those who take part in the Creation Club. At least, not yet.
Back to top Go down
Banewrath

Banewrath

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 3:15 pm

LumiStardust wrote:
@Banewrath This is pretty exactly what's going on. And I fully agree: we need more quality in the content. This is why I only recommend the Modular Military Backpack at present. It looks great, is pretty fully customisable, and integrates well into the core experience. The Prototype Gauss Rifle and the BFG might be fun for you, but it's a major case of Your Mileage May Vary.

For almost everything else in the store, there's a free mod that at least does something more daring with the idea, and usually does it more competently and effectively.

With only 1 must-have and 2-3 stiff "maybes" in the stable at present, Bethesda definitely doesn't have much of a winner yet. I like their style of paying modders, but there's nothing to suggest the Micro-DLC experiment is going to be a long term financial success for those who take part in the Creation Club. At least, not yet.

I think as time goes by the content will get better. I agree on the backpack. I bought that and the hellfire armor. I like them so far. I do like the way they inject the content into the game though without having to worry about load order or esps. The real good mods will take a lot of time to create so we probably won`t start seeing really good stuff for about three months i would imagine. Everything from here to then will be small filler mods like we are getting now. Once it is fleshed out though, I think some amazing stuff will start to happen.
Back to top Go down
stoobygacks

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Level: FL360

PostSubject: A Productive discussion    The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 11:44 am

Howdy GUN bros! Happy Friday(or what ever day it is)

From what I gather with my Batman/Inspector Gadget level detective skills, the Creation Club is not really a welcome idea. Most of us hate the CC, we hate Todd Howard, Bethesda executives, our mothers, and EA for fostering such an awful thing. We mostly accept the common criticisms of the CC like microtransactions, cash grabs, low quality content for IRL money, poorly executed, bug ridden shit show.

But how would you Fix it? There may be a chance to save the shit train before it flies off the rails. I have some suggestions: (these are my poorly educated opinions)  

-Get rid of the little things: Little cosmetics scream micro transactions. A generic BDU camo power armor? A grey pipboy? Some shiny armor paint? Honestly hell no! Those are the little things that we go to the nexus for. The CC should offer massive and unique items that belong in the fallout universe. Not some Doom armor. Or some chair textures.

-Quality over Quantity: I was thinking that these would be huge DLC sized packs. With stories, loot, locations to match the price. And that is what should be there. Not a sad black pipboy paint, but a DLC. With DLC priced content, and professional quality that was sort of implied.

tl;dr How do you fix the creation club before its all over?

Topic merged with "The creation club isn't really a succes is it"
~JJHughes

Back to top Go down
momuse88

momuse88

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 29, 2017 1:40 pm

@stoobygacks The GUN is a pretty safe place where I feel confident that we can poke holes in each other's arguments without fear of things getting ugly. My intention is not to belittle you, I just don't understand your mentality on a few things and will accept your reply in good faith:

> Get rid of the little things: Little cosmetics scream micro transactions. A generic BDU camo power armor? A grey pipboy? Some shiny armor paint? Honestly hell no!

Couple of things here:

1) Some people who play on PS4 who don't have access to the same mods as PC/XBone players might enjoy the extra customization. You and me will probably agree that the asking price is ridiculous, but I'm not about to tell someone else what their money is worth.

2) Even without the console users... why would the success (or not) of the CC hinge on getting rid of these things? I don't go to the grocery store and complain about the cans of corn that I think are overpriced/useless... it's not their responsibility to ensure that every item being sold appeals to absolutely everyone. They made a product they think they can sell, all you have to do is not buy it? Sure, I think they're silly things to spend money on, but I've always found it more productive to just vote with my wallet rather than foam at the mouth about it (not you foaming at the mouth, but the rest of the Internet).

> I was thinking that these would be huge DLC sized packs. With stories, loot, locations to match the price. And that is what should be there. Not a sad black pipboy paint, but a DLC. With DLC priced content, and professional quality that was sort of implied.

I mean, this thing just barely came out, yeah? I actually really like their business model in that the modders get paid no matter what, so I would bet that the financial guarantee will invite aspiring modding teams to do bigger projects later on down the road.

PostSubject: Re: The creation club isn't really a succes is it.   The creation club isn't really a succes is it. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The creation club isn't really a succes is it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4