Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wertologist

Wertologist

Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? Empty
PostSubject: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 4:00 am

I love Battlefront 2(there shall only be one!) and I've been able to play the base game for countless hours over multiple years. Then I got it on PC and the mods just made it even better. Now, I'm looking for new maps/mods to install to add more to it.

-I always have BFX and UCW installed because they're basically essential to me.

-I also have an in-game skin changer, but that's not really the kind of thing I'm talking about

-I tried Dark Times, but I didn't really care for it.

-I always keep an eye out for maps that are based on iconic areas from the movies. The base game maps are good and all, but sometimes I like near-exact replicas.

-Noted maps I enjoyed were: A map of the Jedi Temple with an army of clones vs an army of Jedi, Tatooine at War, and a surprisingly fun zombie-earth map.

-I'd like to have maps designed around BFX/UCW, but I haven't seen any.

-I've been watching a Halo mod and BF3 Legacy, but both are still in development and won't be ready for quite some time.

So, if you have any good maps/mods that are a must have, please share here.
Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 5:31 am

How is installing mods for BF2? Is it easy or just as difficult as FNV modding? Does it really make that much of a difference? Wouldn't mind downloading, modding, and playing with the crazy amount of mods to it. Honestly if you can link a video of BF2 modded, i would definitely try modding it. Then possibly come back to this thread and blow it up with mods i have found.

Garska

Character sheet
Name: Vaubeil
Faction: New California Republic
Level: Who care ?

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 am

I know a mod, and not a small one, for BFII. It's by far the best one. Try it !

Code:
https://swsaga.ru/

Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? Gar2
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 6:31 pm

@Distortion

Modding it is pretty simple. Some have installers and some(mostly maps) just require you to throw a folder into another folder. The only downside is that the game has limits to how many mods/maps it can hold at once.

Here is a brief little run-down of what BFX does:
http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefront_II_Mod:_Battlefront_Extreme

Here is the ModDB page that has even more information, videos, and pictures:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/battlefront-extreme-bfx

You don't have to worry about having mods that might conflict with the base game as most just add new eras rather than replace anything existing. I ran the game with a ton of mods and still played the vanilla campaign and matches just fine.

@Garska That mod looks very interesting judging from the maps, but I'm worried it might be too big. BF2 has a limit to how many mods/maps it can run and I'm not sure it can hold both that and BFX + other maps I DL. I mainly want the maps from that mod.
Back to top Go down
Garska

Garska

Character sheet
Name: Vaubeil
Faction: New California Republic
Level: Who care ?

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 6:32 pm

With the mod I gave, you can choose to put your own mods in, to choose which part of the hugo mod you want, and everytime, simply with the launcher. Give it a try !

Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? Gar2
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2017 9:44 pm

@Garska Tried to install it, but it's simply far too big of a file. I have limited space and it demands more than I have available. It wants over 26gb. If there was a way I could pick and choose what mods I want installed then it'd be different, but it wants to install them all.
Back to top Go down
Talyc_Verda

Talyc_Verda

Character sheet
Name: Talyc Verda
Faction: Mandalorian
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 10:12 am

I have a few that I tend to jump between.
1) Republic Commando Mod
2) Mandalorian Wars
3) 50X Elite Squadron
4) Battlefront Zero

Thats just to name a few, I'm not sure it those are the right names for them though. Best thing I can suggest for you is to check out Battlefront DJ on Youtube, thats where I find most of my mods and maps from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?   Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2? Empty

Back to top Go down

Know any must-have mods/maps for BF2?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1