Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth Call riot ghoul vault Gear body Superpele boomers NPCs daryl Ryse mandalorian hunk Armor machine khan boom Overhaul Reforged dead FCOM Mask money marvel wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

what your pick for the next location for a fallout game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LightTofu

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 4:10 am

You know, I would love to see the next Fallout game in somewhere tropical like Florida.
It would be cool if it takes place in Orlando, specifically. Imagine the wildlife, and the landscapes post-nuclear denotation. But I would assume half of Florida would be flooded.

Still, exploring old amusement parks, and fighting residents like the swamp people in Point Lookout would be neat!
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 6:07 am

I'm biased because i live there but i also think it would be great if it was set in florida the possibilities when it comes to mutated wild life are endless!
i just hope bethesda don't make the next Fallout title... mainly because i want the next game to be an actual fallout game this time Skeptic

IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Make a Fallout based in Texas! Right the wrongs inflicted upon the Lone Star state by Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, and maybe even allow us to see a little snippet of post war Mexico? Like I said in another thread on the subject, it leaves room for references, cameos or appearances from established powers like Caesar's Legion remnants, expanding NCR frontier forces and scouts, Brotherhood of Steel holdouts, Followers Of The Appocalypse and Super Mutants, while also leaving room for new factions to be established. I'd like to see it focus more on establishing these new groups, and not just falling back on older established factions, but instead using them to familiarise the player with the new worldspace.

That aside, I'd love to see post war Canada. We know it exists, as Slaves in the Pitt came in from a place called Ronto, which is supposedly pretty powerful. Given the name, and it's location in relation to Pittsburgh, it's pretty likely Ronto is actually post war Toronto. If it is a militarised state, which also allows Slavery in it's territory, it could make a real cool Fallout game. Maybe forcing the player to either topple, or enable a military dictatorship? Canada was annexed post war, so maybe it is a dictatorship founded by US remnant forces, as lingering reminder of pre-war America's iron rule over Canada, or maybe it was formed by Canadian remnant forces, who now actively oppress and enslave their former rulers, or basically anyone who isn't them?

I think either one of these would be awesome Fallout locations. Though as I said before, I hope they try and introduce more factions, maybe just focusing on the other factions as regional powers, who maybe have a presence in the new worldspace, but are pretty restricted in terms of influence. Only serving to support the main story, and not dictate it. For example, they could make a random encounter where you meet NCR scouts, or find a downed Brotherhood Vertibird, something like that, to show their presence, but not rely on them as a crutch. Also, by this point, I think the only Enclave we should be meeting are either the retired remnants soldiers, like in Fallout New Vegas, or deserters like Brian Richter. Maybe there are Holdout forces, hidden away in bunkers, but they should be side missions and the like, not main plots. The Enclave has been wiped out now, twice. They couldn't possibly have either the man power or resources to carry on their genocidal goal of reclaiming America. Even their most hardened forces have to know at this point that the war is lost.

Back to top Go down
shadowshade

shadowshade

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 5:59 pm

I would like to see the next Fallout being based in the Rocky Mountains. That would allow for example more diversity regarding climate and plant-life as well as for a DLC taking place in Canada. The main hub could be the left-overs of Denver.

The area between Houston and New Orleans would be interesting too with a lot of radioactive swamps - kind of similar to the beginning of Stalker: Clear Sky.

Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm

I was watching a youtube channel that once suggested New Orleans and frankly...I agree with that. It would be a new an interesting take on the series. Much how like New Vegas took us from ruined cities to a desert. The New Orleans one could place us in a swampy like area. Much like Point Lookout or Far Harbor, but expand on the idea. I think it could work if the right team was put on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 pm

I would like to say Alaska. I know not a lot of bombs would have fell there but still it has some place in the lore. Maybe in towns and populated areas there is high level of radiation but in rural areas its mostly clean but there isn't much to do in those areas as far as the main quests go.

It would also open up possibilities for a lot of wild life to make up for the lack of liveliness like there was in New Vegas. Maybe you could even ride a deer or something or you would need power armor to go far from towns because it would be very cold.

Interesting stuff can be manufactured in a different setting but I feel like Bethesda likes being inside the cities so things like that would probably never happen unless Obsidian does another game like New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 10:39 pm

IRORIEH wrote:
Make a Fallout based in Texas! Right the wrongs inflicted upon the Lone Star state by Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, and maybe even allow us to see a little snippet of post war Mexico? Like I said in another thread on the subject, it leaves room for references, cameos or appearances from established powers like Caesar's Legion remnants, expanding NCR frontier forces and scouts, Brotherhood of Steel holdouts, Followers Of The Appocalypse and Super Mutants, while also leaving room for new factions to be established. I'd like to see it focus more on establishing these new groups, and not just falling back on older established factions, but instead using them to familiarise the player with the new worldspace.

That aside, I'd love to see post war Canada. We know it exists, as Slaves in the Pitt came in from a place called Ronto, which is supposedly pretty powerful. Given the name, and it's location in relation to Pittsburgh, it's pretty likely Ronto is actually post war Toronto. If it is a militarised state, which also allows Slavery in it's territory, it could make a real cool Fallout game. Maybe forcing the player to either topple, or enable a military dictatorship? Canada was annexed post war, so maybe it is a dictatorship founded by US remnant forces, as lingering reminder of pre-war America's iron rule over Canada, or maybe it was formed by Canadian remnant forces, who now actively oppress and enslave their former rulers, or basically anyone who isn't them?

I think either one of these would be awesome Fallout locations. Though as I said before, I hope they try and introduce more factions, maybe just focusing on the other factions as regional powers, who maybe have a presence in the new worldspace, but are pretty restricted in terms of influence. Only serving to support the main story, and not dictate it. For example, they could make a random encounter where you meet NCR scouts, or find a downed Brotherhood Vertibird, something like that, to show their presence, but not rely on them as a crutch. Also, by this point, I think the only Enclave we should be meeting are either the retired remnants soldiers, like in Fallout New Vegas, or deserters like Brian Richter. Maybe there are Holdout forces, hidden away in bunkers, but they should be side missions and the like, not main plots. The Enclave has been wiped out now, twice. They couldn't possibly have either the man power or resources to carry on their genocidal goal of reclaiming America. Even their most hardened forces have to know at this point that the war is lost.

I like the Toronto idea. It fits, it was annexed in lore, mentioned in the Pit. So ti would be pretty good choice. It even follows what they did with Boston and the Institute mentioned in Fallout 3.

Another possibility is not necessarily where but "when". Insert location here but make it "the day after" where you have a survival issue and law and order is gone. Add the possibility of turning Ghoul as well or other mutations etc. FEV released and gone wild with super versions of FEV creatures, even some that wasn't seen later because they died off. No governments, no rules just a fight for survival .

sandtwister200

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Black Mountain
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 3:11 am

@"TheThompsonBoss" That's a great idea a desolate swampy themed fallout, but we need to consider the main antagonists and of course "factions" and a storyline instead of being a sole survivor and doing good perhaps we could help the enclave or other evil two-bit bad factions.

mixtape69

mixtape69

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 8:26 am

I would love another western state set Fallout. The Western US has so much more established lore. So probably another one near New California or a new area like Montana, Wyoming, or Texas.

Dewderson

Dewderson

Character sheet
Name: Boon
Faction: None
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 10:44 am

mixtape69 wrote:
Texas.

My man!
*Snap* "Yes."

Considering Texas was actually a sovereign state once upon a time. I would be interested to see how post apocalyptic Texas turned out, I mean let's be honest here, what state is more prepared for the end of the world?

I'm willing to bet the New Republic of Texas would outclass the New California Republic.

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Some areas I would mind seeing in a fallout game is the central U.S and great lakes area. And maybe Northern Cali as I want to see how different it would be from southern Cali.
Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 12:28 am

Maybe I'm biased 'cause I live in Florida, but I think Miami or Tampa and even Jacksonville would be a fun location. Imagine the mutated wildlife. From snakes to alligators, wild cats and boars and even sharks. Nasty bullsharks swim around here and they can go in fresh waters, yet another reason I never swim in rivers and lakes lol.

Marcus Viper

Character sheet
Name: Hunter
Faction: Scavenger
Level: 8 outta 10 bolts

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Seems most people would want the next game to be another set in the USA. Personally I wouldn't mind it but I would love to see how other parts of the world was affected, ether through a whole game set in a new location or through DLCs. With me being from England I would obviously like to see how the apocalypse has effected my country, even if they added it in a simple bit of text in the game.

If I had to pick a location though I would have to choose some place with plenty of forestry (I don't know the best locations by name in the US) mainly because I would like to see a more alive world, like the last of us, over the more barren ones. Also I would love some kind of hunting system in place, like Red Dead or Far Cry, not just shoot it and loot it, I feel it would make it seem more realistic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 am

Some place in the North, even though I love new vegas, the desert are just too boring.
Back to top Go down
the_phantom27

the_phantom27

Character sheet
Name: Miles
Faction: N/A (Wanderer)
Level:

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 am

I'm thinking Seattle would be a cool locale. I can only imagine what the buildings would look like after all that time (if they were still standing) not to mention all that rain. Can you say Radstorm?
Back to top Go down
Azreg

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 pm

New Reno. That place is great, especially once you factor in nostalgia. Otherwise it could be in a DLC, that'll be fine too.

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 3:41 am

How about Anchorage? Operation: Anchorage took place there but it was in a tiny region of Anchorage; plus it'd be cool to see what the region looked like after both the Battle of Anchorage and the Great War.
Back to top Go down
NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 4:25 am

I still hope to see a Fallout set in New Orleans, that is if Bethesda will let Obsidian develop it. If we would for sure never be getting another Fallout made by Obsidian, I hope it would take place somewhere like Michigan. I feel like the states history would be good for Fallout to build off of. Plus I don't think we get much of a look into that part of the U.S, except for the numerous mentionings of Chicago, Illinois.

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 12, 2017 12:13 pm

anything southern USA would work with me, prob even add that comedic touch to that with the whole hilly billy thing and would definitely refresh the fallout franchise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what your pick for the next location for a fallout game   what your pick for the next location for a fallout game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what your pick for the next location for a fallout game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2