Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele wolfenstein marvel machine daryl commonwealth ghoul boomers body money khan vault Mask space Reforged mandalorian hunk upgrades NPCs Gear dead boom FCOM Call Ryse riot
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Could or should Fallout return to being isometric

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anorangeguy

anorangeguy

Character sheet
Name: Eddie"The Comedian"Blake
Faction: Watchmen/Crimebusters
Level: 70

Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Empty
PostSubject: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyWed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Ive seen some fan made pics and they look great, I would love for the style to come back, so i wanna know if you guys would want it back or not.
(I have played Fallout 1 and 2 before 3 so i do have asmall bias to the look)
Back to top Go down
njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyWed May 03, 2017 1:22 pm

I played the older games too and like you I also loved the style that's why I installed the UI mod for FNV that changes it to the classic fallout UI. But to me if the devs go back to the classic setup, I don't think it would appeal that much to folks, especially when Fallout is already in its format now. It would most probably appeal more to the longtime and hardcore fans as they can appreciate this change better.

Maybe if they made a smaller game with that interface, maybe it will go nicely.
Well that's just what I think of course Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyWed May 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Personally, no, the reason I don't really want Fallout to go back to being isometric is because the 1st/3rd person shooter aspect it adapted to is an overall great fit for the future of the series. If there is anything that I can confidently say is a fact, it is that If Bethesda didn't buy the rights to the franchise, it wouldn't have the mainstream success that it has and would most likely become a dead franchise that ended off on a sour note(Brotherhood of Steel). If anything, a next gen remaster of Fallout 1, 2, and maybe Tactics would be a much better idea since they could bring back a lot of old fans and bring in a lot of newer Fallout fans who have never played the older Fallouts. Fallout 1 & 2 with a new coat of shiny paint and a few gameplay upgrades to keep it up to snuff would be a better idea In my opinion. Future, newer Fallouts should stick to the 3rd/1st person shooter aspect. It really allows for more creative freedom in my opinion.

Crash244

Crash244

Character sheet
Name: Barrabus The Grey
Faction: D.D.D.
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyWed May 03, 2017 4:33 pm

I would consider it a step back due to all the hard work they did with Fallout 4. The gameplay is quite great, but the story and things to do in the world are lacking. The gunplay is quite refined and it could only get better from Fallout 4. Bethesda has learned from their mistakes and hopefully they learned what to add in the sequel.

If they did a side game that doesn't divert too many resources then I guess it will be cool.

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyWed May 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Looking at Fallout Shelter I think Bethesda should branch out a bit and like with New Vegas (obviously without screwing with the developers again), outsource it to a different studio while they're doing TES6 or whatever. Make it a spin-off of sorts, unrelated to other games.

Looking at Shadowrun and X-Com I think there's a lot of room for that and I really wan to return to a party system, instead of running around with only one swapable person/canine.
Back to top Go down
anorangeguy

anorangeguy

Character sheet
Name: Eddie"The Comedian"Blake
Faction: Watchmen/Crimebusters
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyThu May 04, 2017 8:32 pm

@"Crash244" @"superpele" A side game would be great. Smth like wasteland 2 would be great i think, less focus on the combat more on the world and story. There could be a giant potential of mods. Well thats my opinion atleast.

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:09 am

A complete return, no. A seperate studio given the reigns to do a side game in isometric, might be interesting. However I think I've become spoiled with my 3D games. I don't really play isometric anymore unless it has strategy elements. I loved Fallout 1 and 2 and Tactics though. I even got huge into the modding and editing of my own games. There's things you go do with Isometric that can't always pull off as well with 3D.

I do think we would need voiced NPC's, Marcus, Frank Horrigan etc. Really made the game come alive. It's easier to add more depth to the game too when you're not focusing so much on 3D, imho.

lastR4NG3R

lastR4NG3R

Character sheet
Name: Last Ranger
Faction: Desert Rangers
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyFri May 12, 2017 10:11 am

While it took me a while to go from the classic isometric to 3D, I do enjoy the 3D environments and gameplay a little more. However, I really miss the amount of choice and freedom you had in the older titles. New Vegas fixed what Fallout 3 lacked in my opinion. Similar to dantaefetticus's thoughts, I think what would maybe fix a split between old and new fans of the franchise, is if Fallout 1 and 2 were remade with the 3D aspect in mind. Older fans enjoy the nostalgia through a different lens, newer fans get to see what they've potentially missed in the first two games. Everybody wins! =D
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyFri May 12, 2017 5:10 pm

@lastR4NG3R I wouldn't necessarily want a Fallout 1 and 2 remaster to become a 1st/3rd person shooter, I think Fallout 1 and 2 remastered in the graphical style of Wasteland 2 Director's Cut would be a good enough fit.

Pre-Workout

Pre-Workout

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Nah, it would certainly be nostalgic but I've seen nostalgia ruin new releases many times. I.E. Yooka Laylee. Isometric Fallout was fun but it's pretty outdated. Same goes with RE in many cases.

Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Whomst10
Back to top Go down
lastR4NG3R

lastR4NG3R

Character sheet
Name: Last Ranger
Faction: Desert Rangers
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptyFri May 12, 2017 7:10 pm

@dantaefetticus Eh, it's something different to consider I guess. I'd be down with either route really. I enjoyed Wasteland 2. =)

Proudnoob4

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySat May 13, 2017 7:42 am

Fallout 1 and 2 are my favorite in the series, but that's only because of the story with the mixture of the dialogue that your character can make in certain dialogue sequences, i personally think that bringing a game in first person just adds on another level in roleplaying because once your in the characters eyes, you are fully that character at that point, if that makes sense. Just looking at your player top down walking across New Reno is pretty underwhelming the second or third time you do it, but if your in first person you can see things that you would have never seen if you where in an isometric view, that would without a doubt amplify your role-playing experience i would think.

What i'm trying to get to this medium sized wall of text is that First person in fallout could be done right behind the right direction, we got a taste of that from New Vegas but pretend the leads and the story writers of that game had a budget the size and the freedom to do whatever they wanted like FO4 then i would say that's a better alternative than any of the classics

Last edited by Proudnoob4 on Sun May 14, 2017 12:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySat May 13, 2017 1:01 pm

I prefer the first person look to be honest. Dont get me wrong, Fallout 1 and 2 are great games but I got into them after 3 and Nv so I found the overhead and turn based combat a tad frustrating. Regardless I completed the games and found them very enjoyable.
I dont think it should go back, unless its going to do a mobile game. In which case go for it.
Back to top Go down
c4in

c4in

Character sheet
Name: Curse
Faction: Self
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySat May 13, 2017 2:32 pm

If they made a Fallout spin-off with isometric style, I'd would buy it.

It's fun to play something different once in awhile.

IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySat May 13, 2017 4:49 pm

Certainly in a spin off game I could see that style working. I could never see them returning to that style simply because it's dated. There are certainly indie hits that use that, for example Project Zomboid, but those kind of games aren't aimed at being smash hits like Bethesda expects out of Fallout.

Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Like most people here, I really don't think it should as a flagship game. And due to how many isometric/rts games there are in the PC market, I don't really see this doing great unless it has an experienced isometric rpg dev behind it like obsidian.
Back to top Go down
LightSabersEdge

LightSabersEdge

Character sheet
Name: Tecon
Faction: Mandalorians
Level: 88

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySat May 13, 2017 11:01 pm

No, I don't think Fallout becoming Isometric will happen again. First Person Shooter Open World is way more appealing (IMO) than the original style of fallout 1&2

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySun May 14, 2017 7:15 am

While there's nothing wrong with Isometric games...I personally prefer that we stick to the open world RPG instead. It's just more fun to explore and play. At least in my opinion it is.
Back to top Go down
ketketket1

ketketket1

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  EmptySun May 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Bethesda could easily create a game in the original isometric style but their revenue would be based on the fans of the original games and as a company like that it's not feasible, personally think it'd be sick to return to that style but does feel smoother and better playing in the current style imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could or should Fallout return to being isometric    Could or should Fallout return to being isometric  Empty

Back to top Go down

Could or should Fallout return to being isometric

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1