Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele Armor Overhaul FCOM Ryse Mask dead Reforged mandalorian wolfenstein khan daryl machine hunk commonwealth marvel ghoul money boom NPCs riot Call boomers vault Gear body
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
[FNV] Brutal Fallout Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[FNV] Brutal Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

[FNV] Brutal Fallout Empty
PostSubject: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 3:33 am

So I'm making a mod for Fallout New Vegas to make it more difficult and interesting. I'm gonna make a list of things I want to change. If you have any suggestions do tell!

1) Body Part Based Damage: For your player you take: 5x damage to head, 1.5x damage to arms, vanilla damage to legs, 2.5x damage to torso.
2) Enemy Rebalances: Example: Now feral ghouls are super zombies. 20x damage to head(reduced for higher tier ghouls) and severely reduced damage to all other limps(some over 5 times more resistant to damage. Also feral ghouls have had an increase of walking speed(increasing with each rank of ghoul.
3) Ingestable Rebalances. Example: Stimpacks now restore more hp but over a much larger length of time(vanilla 5hp in 6 secs, mod 2 hp in 30 seconds, like Fallout 4). Another example is Psycho now gives you a 25% DR boost like in Fallout 4.
4) Melee Weapon Rebalances: Things like knifes won't make everyone sponges.
5) Carry Weight Reduced: 75 Carry Weight instead of the Vanilla 150. Also +5 for each strength instead of 10.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by EmiliaTan on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 4:40 am

I don't know man, Fallout is already pretty fucking brutal. Get shot in the foot with a silenced .22 and your whole body explodes in a gut strewn blood sausage paste. Not to mention there's bloody mess and "them's good eatin'". How does one get more brutal than that?

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 5:24 am

I'm confused. Its a mod that makes the game harder. You mention the 22 pistol that does like 4 damage and can't kill anything(Idk what this has to do with my post). Also you mention bloody mess but that has nothing to do with my mod lol. Also Thems Good Eating is just a brokenly op perk. Not trying to be an ass haha, but I'm confused by what your point is TongueTril
Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 5:58 am

Sorry man, I thought you meant something akin to brutal doom. Jsawyer+RWD might be what you're looking for. Maybe not exactly but it's a start. I'd be happy to help you with any mod you're looking to make though.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/61592/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35335/?

As for the zombie thing: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45392/

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 6:01 am

HAHA! Actually when I was thinking of a name I thought of brutal doom. And yeah I've tried both. Not a fan of Jsawyer. RWD is great though. I'm just doing a few extra things like decreased carry weight, changes to enemys, and changes to consumables. Changing a lot of chems to their FO4 counterparts. For example now Radaway gives you much more rad reduction, however on Hardcore it severely dehydrates you.

EDIT: And yeah I did that with my ghouls as well. Headshots are great, anywhere else is close to useless. Also they are really fast. Hoping to make most of the creatures uniquely OP but fair. Each with some sort of weakness, such as a really weak limb to slow them down.
Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 6:06 am

That's actually pretty simple. I'm no GECK guru but I'm sure I could implement most of those pretty easily. So long as it's just numeric value changes and nothing involving a script I can help you out when I get home and have access to my computer.

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 am

I've actually figured most of it out. I could use help with balancing though. Can you think of any enemys that were really useless in vanilla? Also weapons that were so bad they were unusable.
Back to top Go down
cyber_funk

cyber_funk

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 6:22 am

EmiliaTan wrote:
I've actually figured most of it out. I could use help with balancing though. Can you think of any enemys that were really useless in vanilla? Also weapons that were so bad they were unusable.
Well I don't know about useless enemies but I know plenty of bullet sponges. Though RWD pretty much takes care of most of that. Unless you count Geckos and radscorps which are only meant for target practice for new players.
And there are a ton of weapons that SEEM useless until you do a Luck playthrough. 10 Luck + Ratslayer = WEW. LAD.

As long as you don't make deathclaws fly, and give Cazadors stealth boys, I think you should be alright on balance. Though I don't know too much of the specifics of the mod you're looking to have outside of what you posted so I can't say for sure.

Balance can be kind of tricky; for example, Project Nevada's run feature is great but makes many of the fights escapable when they shouldn't be.

EmiliaTan wrote:
EDIT: And yeah I did that with my ghouls as well. Headshots are great, anywhere else is close to useless. Also they are really fast. Hoping to make most of the creatures uniquely OP but fair. Each with some sort of weakness, such as a really weak limb to slow them down.
Again, not EXACTLY what you're looking for but it will at least help with the speed problem you have with ghouls:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47270/
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47273/

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 am

Yeah I do luck playthroughs as well. Laser Rifle, 10 luck, laser commander, laser challenge perk, Josh's clothes, beam spliter, you 100% crit lol. Do you know where the settings are for reload speed? I'm trying to tone it down for high agility.

I agree with the run thing. I use the mod animations. Then again just standing on a rock is OP lol. I'm probably gonna balance it with a sprint mod in mind.
Back to top Go down
nocthesis

nocthesis

Character sheet
Name: Hazzah
Faction: The Unity
Level: lou tenant

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 2:44 pm

How would this compare to Jsawyer? I've never used it myself, or even played on hardcore mode, but I was considering using Jsawyer for my next playthrough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Jsawyer is only like 50% harder. Mostly just rebalance the game. I'm going for realistic damage and balancing things based off of 8 years playing the game. I listed most of my changes above.

Personally I always run hardcore on very hard. However everything either dies instantly or are bullet sponges. Anti Material Rifle is literal garbage on very hard. I'll probably do an entire play through once I finish my beta then balance again accordingly. Then release. First version should be done by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Brutal Fallout   [FNV] Brutal Fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Brutal Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1