Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call marvel Reforged boom commonwealth riot hunk khan Gear NPCs upgrades vault space FCOM Ryse Mask mandalorian ghoul daryl dead money machine body boomers wolfenstein Superpele
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thelonegoon

thelonegoon

How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Empty
PostSubject: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:02 pm

This question has been on my mind for awhile, how long do you think New Vegas will last before everyone stops making mods for it?
Back to top Go down
ICEBIRD112

ICEBIRD112

Character sheet
Name: Cpl. Danton
Faction: H.E.C.U. Marines
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Well I've put in 150 hours of the game over the last 2 months and I don't see any end in sight of playing it. As long as the newer games don't live up quite to what the old fallout games are then New Vegas will have a few more years of fan base.
Back to top Go down
Fxd1119

Fxd1119

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Honestly It has at least another 5 years left, ive been playing since it came out ive maybe put in about 2000 hrs easy. I always find new mods that make my game a whole new play through! Like whenever i get promoted im going to make a new play-through with drag body's battlefield mods!
Back to top Go down
thelonegoon

thelonegoon

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:17 pm

@"ICEBIRD112" But what about when great mod authors get bored of the game and leave? Huge mods will no longer be made and then players will get bored of the game and leave.
Back to top Go down
Ehlengast

Ehlengast

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:20 pm

I think it's probably gonna last for some years, coz Fallout 4 is pretty shit and the Special Edition isn't that big of a deal either. And with big projects like Xilandro's Project B42, and the Frontier "dlc-like" expansion, there's definitely hope for more stuff like that.

Back to top Go down
ICEBIRD112

ICEBIRD112

Character sheet
Name: Cpl. Danton
Faction: H.E.C.U. Marines
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:25 pm

@"theLonegoon" You have a nice point, but new mod authors always come around when the old ones leave. Huge mods are not what make the game enjoyable, although they do, its more the exploration and tampering with what you have. Replaying New Vegas to get different endings while getting side tracked with weapon and location mods is the reason I play and love the game so much.
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 7:32 pm

It will never die. Even Oblivion and Morrowind still have mods being developed more than a decade after they released.

Plus, a lot of people I see despise FO4 and are still playing and enjoying FNV and FO3. That is proof enough that they will last at least until another Fallout game is released.
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:11 pm

It won't die for many years I wouldn't have thought

New mods are constantly being brought out, making the community thrive

a thriving community in turn encourages more mods, it's a healthy cycle

Take Drag for example, he plans to Overhaul all the factions in New Vegas - that's going to take some time

Not to mention huge projects like Project Brazil and The Frontier

If the modding community for NV was close to an end, we wouldn't have all this going for us

Back to top Go down
thelonegoon

thelonegoon

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:23 pm

@"Lucianhector" You have a good point, but the Fallout New Vegas mod community isn't as big as Skyrim, huge projects like The Frontier, Project Brazil, and The Faction Overhaul are the main mods we are looking forward too. But when those are finished, what should we look forward too?
Back to top Go down
quicksilver500

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:41 pm

@thelonegoon I'm sure that as soon as they get released we'll have another 3 or 4 upcoming mods to look forward to, there's always a few floating around. In any case, I think that NV modding is still going strong, dragbody's armor packs and faction overhauls are really doing a lot to add to the community, along with the Animation Project by ILiketoPunch over on the Nexus that came out of nowhere and completely revamped the lackluster animations in NV, while adding sprinting, chem taking and looting animations at the same time. No one was looking forward to it because it was never teased, it just came out of nowhere and ended up with 20000+ downloads in three months. So just because you haven't heard of new, amazing mods doesn't mean they're not on their way right now Smile
Back to top Go down
Visible Earth

Visible Earth

Character sheet
Name: Jak
Faction: Fiends
Level: 18

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 10:34 pm

I think the thing is, there's still a lot of potential for Fallout New Vegas. People were wondering if a Fallout New Vegas 2 will ever come out, and personally I don't see much chance of one appearing officially, as Bethesda considers New Vegas to be a bit of an embarrassment, considering that Obsidian managed to do in 18 months what they couldn't do in 6 years.

But I suggested that there's was plenty of scope for people to mod a New Vegas 2. If people have put the time and energy in to make The Frontier, then I'm sure people would like to make Fallout Arizona, or Wyoming or Mexico. (These places specifically as I think they're the best places for the New Vegas lore to expand). The fact is, people love this game, because it deserves that love. It has great writing and characters and world design, and while the gameplay and graphics came out pretty clunky, modders have done a great job transforming it into something new and still worth playing. There's a modder working on revoicing generic characters for crying out loud.

I was shocked when I discovered this site, as it really emphasised to me that there's a fanbase almost entirely devoted to New Vegas. And I'm proud to be a part of that community.

How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? GqUKuf0
Back to top Go down
ODESZA_

ODESZA_

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 10:41 pm

I believe so long as people have the creativity and the drive to keep the game alive I think the game will last a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Ironsides

Ironsides

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Considering that people are still making mods for Morrowind and the KOTOR games, I predict that New Vegas will last at least another 10 years. People will mod the game until given a reason not to. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Well, considering Fallout 4 isn't as favoured as people thought it would be, I'd say Fallout new Vegas will be alive for a loooooong time.
I remember people seemed to think that things would drop off as soon as the creation kit for 4 dropped and it doesn't really seem to have taken too much of a hit

Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 am

FNV will still breath life as long as it's community gives it's breath, and seeing the community's status, it is not dying down anytime soon. Yes, mods haven't been poppin out like crazy like FO4 or Skyrim lately, but the community is still going very strong. We have two HUGE quest mods coming very soon to us(the Frontier and Project Brazil) and a quest mod that is small in comparison, but is bursting with flavor and creativity(Willhaven). Also, Xilandro is currently working on B42, and the features that he has shown us so far is definitely gonna bring back a lot of players. Another mod that is close to being finished is A Brave New World(formally known as New Vegas Redesigned 4). What that mod is going to accomplish is that it is not only redesigning faces, but it is also going to revoice a lot of vanilla characters and add some new content as well. All these mods combined is going to make New Vegas booming again. What I mean by that is that New Vegas doesn't really get that much social media talk as much as it used to. The only people that are REALLY talking about it is the community, us. The only mod that got people outside of our community talking again was DUST. That mod got a lot of people playing New Vegas again. There was a lot of videos from very big Youtubers doing playthroughs of the mod. That mod alone made New Vegas more popular outside of it's community for quite a while. Can you imagine how popular again New Vegas will be when those FOUR big mods come out? I, for one, will say that New Vegas was going through a pretty bad drought lately except for when DUST first came out. These four mods are going to change that. Also, Dragbody is overhauling the factions of New Vegas. That alone is getting people to play the game much more often. So, my answer to your question is that FNV will die when it's community dies, which isn't going to happen anytime soon in my opinion.

Last edited by dantaefetticus on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heracles

Heracles

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 3:13 am

forever and for eternity!

Spoiler:

anyone get the reference?
Back to top Go down
Niar26

Niar26

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 3:19 am

Easily as long as the Modding community lasts, then FNV will keep on living. (Same case as morrowind, oblivion, skyrim, etc).

POlus people are still waiting for Project Brazil, and the F1-f2 Remake into FNV. Also, lots of DLC-sized content is being worked on in FNV ( i also remember that WInter mod for FNV, which i never played but i heard it is awesome).

How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Tumblr_m4f9900IM11qk8ambo1_500How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Tumblr_mxpzuedfmx1qbtxe8o1_500How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Tumblr_mamcfzLSYt1r2vvn7o1_500
Back to top Go down
wealthywyatt

wealthywyatt

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 3:37 am

If people are still modding Jedi Knight and that game is old as shit..I'm sure new Vegas has a looong way to go. At least until they out out a fallout game that is equal to or better than FO3 and NV

Zetrax

Character sheet
Name: Zetrax the leaf
Faction: Sodomite
Level: 2

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 3:42 am

Probably a while now. New Vegas modding is still going strong after all these years, only rivaled by Skyrim. I can't really imagine it stopping until another Fallout game comes out that is more "Moddable" than Fallout 4. But a lot of great authors have left the modding scene like Someguy2000 (Anyone know what happened to him?). New Vegas modding has definitely isn't going nearly as strong as it was a couple of years ago, but it's still doing extremely well.
Back to top Go down
atenkhembi

atenkhembi

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 4:51 am

hopefully it will be the one they remaster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?   How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long do you think Fallout New Vegas will last?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next