Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers space body wolfenstein marvel daryl ghoul FCOM Superpele dead machine money Mask mandalorian NPCs riot khan upgrades Gear hunk commonwealth vault boom Ryse Call Reforged
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Empty
PostSubject: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 pm

Hello and welcome to a new installment of interviews. We previously had The Modder's Corner which focused to put a face on the people who create and share their amazing works with us. Though TGI isn't just for modders but various members that are a part of our loving community.

The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake HXz641E

Our first star of the new interview series, is one of our talented female members. She has brought us ports from Fallout 4, DayZ and even Halo. I have been granted the opportunity to have an interview with her, our own loving Cake.

Q: Would you like to tell us about yourself?

A: I'm 19 and I'm in college/uni(depends where u live) for Mass Media. I am American-Japanese, as my dad was in the military and being stationed in JP there he met my mom. I like to draw and mod.

Q: As many would probably wonder why the nickname "cake"?

A: Well I have used sooo many aliases before from snow>yuki>kazzy>blck etc etc, I actually had to simple these down bcus I was starting to confuse myself on works I would upload for Fallout and SFM. Besides who doesn't like cake? That's probably the best thing on this planet besides french fries.

Q: At what point did you decide to start modding?

A: That's back in 2013 when I used to play San Andreas Multiplayer, I was apart of an awesome roleplay server called Project Apocalypse Roleplay. So day in and day out we'd roleplay and I was friends with this guy Yohsuke Nakano who was a modder. He made so many awesome mods, from porting to mixing and matching Call of Duty with Final Fantasy. So one day I asked for some advice, but as I even say it to this day he told me "it was hard to teach". So trial and error with 3ds max I finally learned how to port things into San Andreas. I'll tell you now, even tho SA came out so long ago, if you honestly decide to get into modding I'd start with that game. That is probably the most difficult kind of modding you'll ever do, as I mod NV at the moment it is so easier in every way.

Q: Is there something you generally like or dislike about modding?

A: YES, the damn, GECK editing is so horrid. GECK for NV might be the most unsupported program to appear on steam. This thing crashes at the slightest click or button input for me at least. You can be in the middle of a large mod and it'll crash making you start all over again ,I like the whole concept of modding. Like, we're all not 10/10 skilled in the different aspects of making art(majority of us). But, when it comes to modding you can be the worst drawer in the world and port something badass. It also brings solace to see your idea come into fruition, without having to have so many access attributes for yourself. Like for an actor they have to make sure everything looks 10/10 before they even make it to a studio for a movie. But, as a modder you can get up jump in the shower, get out then just let creativity flow.

Q: You mentioned 3ds Max already but are there any other specific tools you use to do your work?

A: I actually use Blender for easier morphing to make a male armor fit on females, since I'm usually biased when modding going for the fem version first. But, other than that just Photoshop and 3ds mostly gets the job done.

Q: Would you like to see this hobby becoming your work?

A: Oh no no no, definitely not. I mod for favors and just to have fun. I would not want this to be my source of income, with all arts well for me at least they come from the heart. If I was to, lets see, release like a huge pack or model some huge project then surrounding this project is controversy that rivals No Man's Sky I'd be so pissed. Depending on the person when money is involved it can create or break the love for that hobby. Besides I'm too much of a wildcard, I wouldn't want to have a schedule on when and where to release things.

Q: You seem to be mostly modding for NV is there any reason for that?

A: Well I like Fallout 4 as a game seriously 100%. I'm not really into the Fallout lore, but the freedom is what makes me love open world games. With Fallout 4 you're kinda forced into this whole mystery quest to bring closure, bleh thats boring. Now NV is just awesome even though I have no idea what the actual story is other than your Courier Six and you can help Goodsprings or Powder Gangers it's a really awesome game. Also the http://Bethesda.net whole thing is weird to me. The FO4 creation kit works whenever it wants to.

Q: Is modding NV that much different than modding FO4?

A: Lots different. FO4's nifskope editing isn't really needed but you have edit some files within to make the armor/weapon/thing appear in game. Textures are all put together in a separate new thing called material bgsms. Other than that, all is honestly the same. Just with NV you can be your solo, while FO4 you have to wait upon the Bethesda Launcher/Creation Kit is in the mood to work or not.

Q: You mentioned you like to draw, would you tell us more about that?

A: Sure, I've been drawing way back since 3/4-ish, I started out drawing my own superhero teams and would draw comics lmao they are so bad. I still draw from time to time nowadays on this project I've been working on for years. Besides that, I draw random stuff like bottles or motorcycles; since I have a weird obsession with both.

Q: Finally is there any advice you would like to give regarding modding?

A: I'll say don't get into modding for fame, money, or something that really won't matter to the people who download the mods. If you go into it regardless of what game, for a better experience for yourself and fans alike then you'll have a kickass time. Also, also you'll have to be patient on your first tries because it gets easier after the first few believe me.

Last edited by William Lionheart on Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonlightbae

Moonlightbae

Character sheet
Name: Litney Houston
Faction: Heartbreak Kids
Level: BadKenzClub aka FRESHER THAN YOU

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 11:23 pm

It's been a while since you guys did an interview with a modder here (if I remember correctly tes was still around). Just like the interviews done here before I thoroughly read and enjoyed the questions and answers. Why?
Well because it's great to learn more about these modders as people, who they are and what they're like. I frequent the chat box with cake (and others) and not only is she a great modder but she is also a pretty funny and chill gyal. It was interesting to learn how she got into modding and I'm glad that she enjoys what she does even if it frustrates her sometimes.
Nice interview Will.

https://www.taylorswift.com/
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 12:02 am

KSI Carbon Core wrote:
It's been a while since you guys did an interview with a modder here (if I remember correctly tes was still around). Just like the interviews done here before I thoroughly read and enjoyed the questions and answers. Why?
Well because it's great to learn more about these modders as people, who they are and what they're like. I frequent the chat box with cake (and others) and not only is she a great modder but she is also a pretty funny and chill gyal. It was interesting to learn how she got into modding and I'm glad that she enjoys what she does even if it frustrates her sometimes.
Nice interview Will.

Many more to come Very Happy hopefully

And lovely work you did hear William cheers
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 5:23 am

Great Q&A, I enjoyed reading this interview. Great job William Lionheart, really interesting questions. I do hope to see more of these. I enjoyed learning a little bit about Cake, whose MODS are awesome and I found her thoughts on MODDING rather helpful!

Cpt.Rex

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 7:10 am

i love that interview. it was very intressting and i agree with all what @cake did say especialy the part where she says "dont mod for fame or moeny". great work william and all who worked on to bring back the interviews. i am looking foreward to see more. keep up the nice work guys +1 Wink

praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 9:37 am

Really cool interview I have to say. I enjoyed reading it, nice work Will and Cake. Also i'm glad the interviews are officially back, looking forward to the next ones. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 1:00 pm

Congratulations on bringing back the interviews!
Lovely work here, many thanks to the Interview team and to Cake for being so open and wonderful about it. This certainly deserves a re-read.
Keep up the great work!

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks for all these supporting messages, we will keep up these interviews rather frequently, so keep an eye out for them every month. Many thanks again to our loving @cake for willing to be the first to participate in our new interview series and to @Cruz011 for making the banner!
Back to top Go down
kiionohi

kiionohi

Character sheet
Name: Eery
Faction: Questlove
Level: 11

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 7:49 pm

It was fun @William Lionheart doing this interview, even though I know I was saying a mouthful for most answers lol

It's crazy though, I remember being new-ish(maybe 2 weeks) on GUN and seeing the old interviews starting out and now to have one of my own, feels superb thanks again.

William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Faction:

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 11:12 pm

@cake Your answers where fine cake, they where well formed rather than just short answers. 

You've brought us a lot of awesome things, so this is a small way to repay the favor and putting you in the spotlight you well deserve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake   The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake Empty

Back to top Go down

The GUN Insider: A Slice of Cake

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1