Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault machine body upgrades FCOM Ryse marvel Superpele riot Gear dead commonwealth daryl khan ghoul money hunk Reforged mandalorian Call NPCs boomers Mask wolfenstein space boom
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Di3sIrae

Di3sIrae

What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Well well, this is something you guys here seens to be more reasonable about than in other discussions i saw about. Mostly Skyrim is the subject, but as Zoro said, i think that *my* standards for lore-friendly mods apply to all the games.

I dislike most outfits from Mass Effect, for example, for them being something too much futuristic (that space looking), and the same for guns. See, this is not about the ammunition used, but how 'curvy' and refined the weapon or outfit is. In fallout we have ultimate technology, but people seem to like making them in an old fashioned way, and i like to remain this way :p
Mods that add shaun launchers and that sort of thing, and even most XXI weapons i just pass too. My weapons mods are Mauser, grenade launcher, Remington and Crossbow, only. For clothes... well, i installed lots of different armors and skimpy clothes, and i don't really care much about because i only use them for SS, or in specific moments. Running around with Bunny Ears is a bit weird for me, even me being a person who likes this kind of thing closed eyes smile

I think that a lot of things can be lore-friendly. The point is exactly this, FRIENDLY. We are not talking about something that actually exists in the game lore, but something that COULD exist without breaking it Smile

This apply for TES games, in my opinion. Running around Skyrim using some kind of skimpy ARMOR (not bikini) is as lore friendly as any bandit using fur armor. Oh, let's just avoid talking about Macho and Thomas dragons... closed eyes smile

zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 4:59 pm

OSOK wrote:
There is a mod that changes the payload for the nuke launcher to look like baby shaun
Oh yeah, now that you mention it, I remember that.
A Shaun the Sheep launcher would be great, though.
Back to top Go down
GumShoe

GumShoe

Character sheet
Name: Muldoon Kingsley
Faction: Desert Ranger
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 5:09 am

For me a lore-friendly mod is a mod that can logically be explained within the game. For example a mod that adds a m-16 or one of the modern variants to fallout could be lore friendly since the service rifle existed in fallout NV. Some of the skimpy clothing mods for fallout could be lore friendly since adult clothing does exist in fallout lore.

broccolimonster

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:25 am

Fallout for me is kind of flexible when in comes to lore-friendliness of mods cause the game is like a mix of old and new. As long as the mod is not too high tech and not too cartooney at the same time, it's still lore friendly to me. I usually tend to download mods that makes sense in the Fallout world but I'm not very strict of it Smile

Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Lore Friendly to me is along the lines of fitting well into the game as a whole. Like Fallout you can be lenient with as Broccolimonster said, but games like Skyrim are a bit more of a gray area. Like Fallout you can put cars, super hero costumes, mega lasers from space, aliens, and a whole lot of other stuff. As long as it fits into the game, then your okay. (For instance, mods like pokemon mods AND Magic are not lore friendly hehe)It has to fit into the overall theme of the game, which is pretty easy to do in some cases, as its lore is somewhat whacky.
Skyrim on the other hand has to stick to its fantasy motif, and therefore is constrained to certain elements.(You have magic in this world, dont try to be driving a pickup truck when you can easily fly). Anything that introduces lasers, or terminators, or anything futuristic is off the table. Creatures also have to be considered. Creating your own is awesome sure, but is it lore friendly? Probably not. Its all relative to lore. Like you cant bring Martin from oblivion back from the dead just because you liked him. That defies all that is Sean Bean! Let the man die!

But see, in the end modding is about fun! Not about being Lore friendly. Lore friendly is great sure, but so is a rocket launcher that shoots babys. I am all for lore friendly mods, but if it comes to choosing between a lore friendly mod and a mod that lets me become Doctor Who, Im picking the tardis.

...I mean "BRAINZ!"
Back to top Go down
zoro4661

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:07 pm

But what about the dwemer? What if they made a magic terminator?

As the saying goes, "A wizard dwemer did it".
Back to top Go down
ptaco

ptaco

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Mods that I think fit into the world such as armor ports from the Metro games.

I dislike and don't consider "slooty" armor mods lore friendly.

RaidSnake

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Same, I refuse to take the mods that are not lore friendly, I refuse to take the mods that are not lore friendly, I really need to stay in a post apocalyptic world. Many mods repulses me, because they destroy the background and form an incoherence.
Most survival games as Metro are for me lore-firendly, but this is very subjective
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?   What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of mods do you consider "lore-friendly"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2