Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein machine body FCOM boom hunk Call daryl marvel khan Superpele commonwealth Reforged Mask vault dead Gear Ryse money boomers NPCs riot Overhaul mandalorian ghoul Armor
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gunnermod266

What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Empty
PostSubject: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 am

The Creation Engine is alright but it is built off of Gamebryo which is really old and limits what Bethesda can do with their games. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Jullius

Jullius

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 6:23 am

I'm not too in the know of how Game Engine's work. So this is a pretty uneducated opinion on it, But I would say what ever they replaced it with it would need equal if not better modding Capability. But for the sake of graphics I would love to see the next Elder Scrolls in REDengine (Unrealistically). But I think Fallout and Elder Scrolls would look nice in CryEngine. Though a Frostbite Fallout could look good as well.

Though I barely know what I'm talking about so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 8:20 am

Sadly changing the game engine completely would also mean modding would be endangered.
Turning Frostbite into an rpg third person engine was already done once and is being done again and both titles have a modding capacity thats 0.01% of what we can do right now with Bethesda games. (Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda)
REDengine3 would be perfect but CDP Red isnt "renting" it out nor do I think Bethesda dev teams would comprehend such complex engine and even if, its modding capacity isnt anything breathtaking either.
The only actually meaningful replacements would indeed be CryEngine as well as Unreal Engine.
CryEngine would be stunning for a visual, and not only, upgrade when it comes to Beth games yet it still doesnt have any game that can boast a wide array of mods.
Then comes UnrealEngine. Epic, badass, full on moddable and with the right tools Bethesda could ROCK the gaming industry by releasing either a TES or Fallout game running on that engine. It would definitely be a step back even compared to modding in FO4 but the future would be bright.
Back to top Go down
Gunnermod266

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 8:36 am

raze4573 wrote:
Sadly changing the game engine completely would also mean modding would be endangered.
Turning Frostbite into an rpg third person engine was already done once and is being done again and both titles have a modding capacity thats 0.01% of what we can do right now with Bethesda games. (Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda)
REDengine3 would be perfect but CDP Red isnt "renting" it out nor do I think Bethesda dev teams would comprehend such complex engine and even if, its modding capacity isnt anything breathtaking either.
The only actually meaningful replacements would indeed be CryEngine as well as Unreal Engine.
CryEngine would be stunning for a visual, and not only, upgrade when it comes to Beth games yet it still doesnt have any game that can boast a wide array of mods.
Then comes UnrealEngine. Epic, badass, full on moddable and with the right tools Bethesda could ROCK the gaming industry by releasing either a TES or Fallout game running on that engine. It would definitely be a step back even compared to modding in FO4 but the future would be bright.

What about Unity? You think that might be a good replacement?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:19 am

Well the Unity game engine definitely has a huge roster of games that were made using it but I dont think any of those games showed promise of modding capability that we're used to.
Granted Shadowrun Returns has an amazing amount of UGC but thats dozens of levels beneath what modders made for Bethesda games so far, same goes for Wasteland 2.
Unity is a flexible game engine but I dont think it'd fit Bethesda developers for either TES or Fallout (Shelter was a nice experiment tho).
That game engine IMHO would only be useful if Bethesda dropped their FPS/TPS game mechanic for Fallout and go back to the old days when it was an isometric rpg but that would mean complete death of modding for that title.
Back to top Go down
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 am

they should run it on the 2003 version of Gamebyro that make it the best game ever

Gunnermod266

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 9:46 am

AussieShepherd117 wrote:
they should run it on the 2003 version of Gamebyro that make it the best game ever

lol
Back to top Go down
MonAsaX

MonAsaX

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 2:03 am

I think they should continue using the Creation Engine but just keep updating it and making it more up to date with the current gen. I think that creating a brand new engine will ruin the formula that's been successful with past elder scrolls and fallout games.

SL3V3N

SL3V3N

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:20 am

I think the only real choice is the X-Ray engine. It would certainly bring an end to the days of poor optimization and would improve all the animations by about a million percent. But really I think if they were to switch and not simply do a complete overhaul of the engine then they should transition to the 4A engine. It would certainly make modding quite a bit more complicated if not impossible, but if they were able to fully utilize what it is capable of it would be a masterpiece. I do have a certain fondness for gamebryo though. All the wonky animations, strange physics and interior fog are what I have come to know and love.

SL3V3N

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 3:20 am

I think the only real choice is the X-Ray engine. It would certainly bring an end to the days of poor optimization and would improve all the animations by about a million percent. But really I think if they were to switch and not simply do a complete overhaul of the engine then they should transition to the 4A engine. It would certainly make modding quite a bit more complicated if not impossible, but if they were able to fully utilize what it is capable of it would be a masterpiece. I do have a certain fondness for gamebryo though. All the wonky animations, strange physics and interior fog are what I have come to know and love.

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 9:20 pm

I believe the new Unreal Tournament, using Unreal Engine 4, is free to play with paid mods, so that might be a good choice. At this point, I don't know if it's the engine or the devs using the engine that make FO4 run so bad, but I do know that Gamebryo is and has been showing its age.

AlexBrella

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 9:35 pm

@"MonAsaX" While i agree with you i don't know if they can make their engine good enough for today standard. While i think the engine is not the problem here but more that Bethesda is making their game too simple. Skyrim had more depth than Fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?   What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game? Empty

Back to top Go down

What engine would be best for the next Bethesda game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1