Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeInterviewsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
______________
MOD MASTER THREADS:
FALLOUT
THE ELDER SCROLLS

______________


______________


GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
_
October 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share
 

 The Future of Bethesda and Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Posts : 389
Join date : 2014-10-25
Age : 21
Location : New York

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Fallout 4 really split a lot of the fanbase. Some thought it was great, some thought it was garbage, and some is in between. I personally think it is a great Fallout game despite it problems. One thing that was on my mind was how they marketed their DLC and console modding. I feel like Bethesda is either going on two paths. They might bring back things that gave them serious backlash, like paid mods, and may do the whole season pass thing where they only have like three DLC that actually feel like DLC.  From what I see, they might not go on that path, they're listening to the fanbase. Todd Howard acknowledged the fact that the dialogue system was shit. They're listening to the fanbase and hopefully, won't do any of the shit they did before because some of the things they did made a lot of Fallout fans "Fallout" with them:happybounce: I still REALLY want a Fallout from Obsidian. What do you think the future of Bethesda and Fallout is gonna be like? Is it gonna be bad, or do you think there is still hope that they will try and make their next Fallout much, much better than Fallout 4. In the end of the day, we will just have to wait and see the events unfold.

_________________
Flickr | STEAM | NEXUS <--- Where you can connect with me
The Future of Bethesda and Fallout CULfnMuB_o


Last edited by dantaefetticus on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JJHughes

JJHughes

Posts : 1164
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 20
Location : Home

Character sheet
Name: John
Faction: Lone Wolf
Level: Irrelevant

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 1:21 pm

I don't think they would ever do paid mods, (at least not how steam were going to do it), But I would expect them to re-release older games like fallout 3, NV and oblivion and add mod support, PC would again, get it free if they owned the game and it's DLC, but console owners would still have to pay for the game, (and in theory pay for the right to use mods)
Back to top Go down
Neo-Rex

Neo-Rex

Posts : 249
Join date : 2015-07-31
Age : 20
Location : Richfield, MN

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 6:12 pm

I really hope Bethesda learns from their mistakes which I think they did considering the amount of backlash from the Workshop DLC. Hell, I only got the contraptions DLC because it had Armor displays. I loved playing FO4 and certainly made improvements over FO3 and FNV (gunplay, animations, graphics) but completely messed up on the RPG element by having a voiced protagonist.

_________________
The worst part about prison was the dementors.
The Future of Bethesda and Fallout 110
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2015-06-17
Age : 19
Location : Scavenging for parts

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 7:24 pm

@Neo-Rex wrote:
I really hope Bethesda learns from their mistakes which I think they did considering the amount of backlash from the Workshop DLC. Hell, I only got the contraptions DLC because it had Armor displays. I loved playing FO4 and certainly made improvements over FO3 and FNV (gunplay, animations, graphics) but completely messed up on the RPG element by having a voiced protagonist.

How are the shitty reloads better ?

I mean no animation support ?

Back to top Go down
Neo-Rex

Neo-Rex

Posts : 249
Join date : 2015-07-31
Age : 20
Location : Richfield, MN

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyMon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 pm

lukaboot wrote:
@Neo-Rex wrote:
I really hope Bethesda learns from their mistakes which I think they did considering the amount of backlash from the Workshop DLC. Hell, I only got the contraptions DLC because it had Armor displays. I loved playing FO4 and certainly made improvements over FO3 and FNV (gunplay, animations, graphics) but completely messed up on the RPG element by having a voiced protagonist.

How are the shitty reloads better ?

I mean no animation support ?


Compare the FO3 and FNV vanilla animations to the Fo4 animations. They're a huge improvement over those.

_________________
The worst part about prison was the dementors.
The Future of Bethesda and Fallout 110
Back to top Go down
markmce

markmce

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-05-13

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 2:14 am

I would like another Obsidian made Fallout game, although Chris avellone isn't with Obsidian anymore, so that could affect things. Maybe this Fallout New Orleans thing could be something interesting.
Back to top Go down
aarius

aarius

Posts : 1457
Join date : 2015-06-07
Age : 21

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction: -
Level: -

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 am

First I need to get this off my chest. @dantaefetticus you have one helluva gallery Smile 
Second, Bethesda is doing ok with their other games but fallout, I think its time for them to let Obsidian do something special because they ain't doing it right IMO.
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Posts : 389
Join date : 2014-10-25
Age : 21
Location : New York

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 2:39 pm

@Ansaar Thank you. Very Happy

I do think that Bethesda should still at the very least keep making Fallout games, but Obsidian should definitely get another shot at it, especially with the whole New Orleans rumor floating around. I do think that both companies should make Fallout games(like share the franchise) because both companies have their strengths and weaknesses.

_________________
Flickr | STEAM | NEXUS <--- Where you can connect with me
The Future of Bethesda and Fallout CULfnMuB_o
Back to top Go down
Mogie62

Mogie62

Posts : 1
Join date : 2016-08-23

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 3:40 pm

Fallout and even Elder Scrolls are a long way off, they will get to them eventually but there are major projects before them. Not sure just exactly what (games) TH was alluding to in his interview but from the sounds of it 2 new IP's are being developed but like always tight lipped about them. as far as Bethesda's future is concerned there doing very well. Fallout 4 was a larger hit them many would like to admit to. when you say the "community is split" is a bit misleading. it is only a very small portion of the community that is dissatisfied with the game but they have a much louder voice because the majority of the community is to busy enjoying the game. plus you have a bunch of online media outlets letting them vent and making it seem there is a larger portion of the community then there really is. But they have as much right to voice there opinions as anyone else because in the end it is ALL opinion.
Back to top Go down
AshurForrester

AshurForrester

Posts : 228
Join date : 2016-08-01
Age : 21
Location : Canada, Ontario/Scotland, Edinburgh

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 6:56 pm

I thought that Fallout 4 was kinda meh. I liked the dialogue system, more or less, I just wanted more options that you could pick from AND an option to disable it. While that nullifies the work of the great voice actors that were cast, disabling it would also make sure that every player is happy and it's not like *every* player would disable it. At least I hope not. The gun play in Fallout 4 was great, I loved it as did a lot of other people.

As a lot of other people in this thread are saying, Obsidian should get another shot at making a Fallout game. As long as Bethesda allow enough time for Obsidian's team to finish making the game, I'm sure that would sate people's lust for another Obsidian Fallout.

_________________
"Give me back my frickin' legions, you mong!" - Absolutely Gaius Julius Caesar
The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Tumblr_pp7l1t1eBn1rtecnto9_540
Back to top Go down
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : California

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyTue Aug 23, 2016 7:37 pm

They're still going to continue to make Fallout games, it doesn't matter if a vocal minority thinks that Fallout 4 was a terrible and casualized Fallout game, it sold a ton of copies and as long as you take a long enough break between entries of the series you build up enough hype from casual gamers for Fallout 5. They could turn it into Borderlands for all that matters and it'll shatter series records because it's got Bethesda as the developer. The best we can hope for is either an Obsidian spinoff (which by the way I personally believe will still retain the casualized elements from Fo4) or it turns out Bethesda has ties to the mob and it goes down with it's assets, including the Fallout IP going to better developers.

_________________
The Future of Bethesda and Fallout 76561198100191073
Back to top Go down
MojavePlasma

MojavePlasma

Posts : 273
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 18
Location : Rio de Janeiro

Character sheet
Name: Alone at Hopesgrain
Faction: Lewd
Level: -10

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 am

I'm seeing the Fallout series becoming more and more casualised, remember that in Morrowind we didn't even had a map, it was just directions that the NPCs gave to you ; "Oh, Do you want to go to Necro McMancer's dungeon? keep on walking on walking on the road, go to the left by the lake and across the lake take the path behind the inn" and in Skyrim all that we have is a floating mark telling you where to go. It's a fact Fallout 4 is more casual than FNV/FO3 and we all know why: No level caps, lack of roleplay elements, etc. One thing that i'm feeling is that Bethesda will eventually take a cut over mods.

People are saying that they should let Obsidian make a new Fallout and I think that they shouldn't do that since that would make the Fallout community even more divided, the best option (and the one that I agree) is to Bethesda incorporate Obsidian's team and make a Fallout with them.

_________________
Discord: renaissance#1866
Back to top Go down
GreyKnight666

GreyKnight666

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-09-25
Age : 26
Location : Crusade

Character sheet
Name: Justicar Nyxos
Faction: Grey Knights
Level: 146

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 10:53 am

lukaboot wrote:
@Neo-Rex wrote:
I really hope Bethesda learns from their mistakes which I think they did considering the amount of backlash from the Workshop DLC. Hell, I only got the contraptions DLC because it had Armor displays. I loved playing FO4 and certainly made improvements over FO3 and FNV (gunplay, animations, graphics) but completely messed up on the RPG element by having a voiced protagonist.

How are the shitty reloads better ?

I mean no animation support ?


I've seen mod tools, for lack of a better term, floating around Nexus and mentioned on Reddit that can make new animations or modify existing. I remember seeing, though I can't put my finger on where, that weapon animations are somehow "baked" into the files that make up the weapons themselves. I'm thinking its the mesh files, but I could be wrong. And really, with the exception of the sideways pull of the SMG animation, the animations currently in game for weapons cover just about every gun known to man with the exception of a few odd PDWs like the P90.

_________________
We have arrived, and it is now that we perform our charge.
In fealty of the God Emperor (our undying lord) and by the grace of the Golden Throne,
I declare Exterminatus on the Imperial world of Typhon Primaris.
I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire world, and consign a million souls to oblivion.
May Imperial justice account in all balance
The Emperor protects.

-- Task force of the Ordo Malleus, immediately before carrying out Exterminatus on Typhon Primaris.

Thought for the day: It is better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself.
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

Posts : 522
Join date : 2014-11-23
Age : 21
Location : Arizona

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyWed Aug 24, 2016 3:50 pm

Let's not kid ourselves here, Fallout 4 has a superior engine. It's gonna take a bit more time for modders to tinker with it, but that's fine. It's got way better animations, it's smoother, and with a bit of polishing, we'll see some major improvements.

Let's ask ourselves this, what was our opinion on Fallout 3 when it first came out? Did we have the same view of it we have now? Probably not, it took roughly 2 years to see some real modding progress. Just my 2 cents.

The current animations however, don't work on most modern firearms, unfortunately. The most prominent being the AR type that so many people know and love. @GreyKnight666
Back to top Go down
stevo

stevo

Posts : 59
Join date : 2015-07-05
Age : 33
Location : belgium

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout EmptyThu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Fallout 4 is a good game, but i my opinion its not a good fallout game..
They numbed down a couple features just to make it more mainstream so alot more people would get into it.. And c'mon what's with the dlc...? Only far Harbor and Nuka World are worth mentioning..
If you compare to fo3 and fnv. Now those titles had some nice expanded dlc packages!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of Bethesda and Fallout   The Future of Bethesda and Fallout Empty

Back to top Go down
 

The Future of Bethesda and Fallout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Random Funny Pictures
» How long to wait before becoming BL
» Impossible chess puzzle to solve for chess engines?
» Sembang Teknikal SYM JET POWER 125
» My Interesting Story About Rhem 4 + Future News

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-