Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele khan Gear Mask NPCs dead money riot daryl upgrades wolfenstein marvel Call Reforged mandalorian body commonwealth ghoul space machine hunk boomers boom vault FCOM Ryse
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doggo

Doggo

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Empty
PostSubject: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 7:29 am

Now I have seen a lot of questions thrown around recently and I am going to address a few.

Q: What is Fallout Frost?

A: FROST is the spiritual successor to Fallout: DUST, the popular survival-horror overhaul mod for Fallout: New Vegas. Just as DUST brought devastation to New Vegas’s Mojave Wasteland, FROST will bring nuclear winter to Fallout 4′s Commonwealth. It changes everything in Fallout 4 from gameplay mechanics to environment and quests.

Q: The trailer seems quite different in tone than what we're used to in Fallout, especially fallout 4.

A: Correct, FROST, like DUST, is going to be a lot darker and that will reflect in game through gameplay.

Q: What is the story exactly?

A: Similar premise as Dust, you are no one, your goal is to survive and escape the commonwealth by various means, however escaping is no easy task. The year is 2083, the bombs fell 5 years ago. A lot of people said when the bombs fell "everything went to shit" and you can see that in fallout 4, but here, the shit is fresh. Other survivors aren't the only thing you need to worry about, new tribes and factions have sprung up from the ashes of the old world and they aren't looking for new members. The world itself is in the middle of a nuclear winter, the environment and weather are going to be affecting how you move around and when. You won't want to scavenge for food in the middle of a blizzard.

Q: Why do I hear accents in the trailer?

A: It's part of the story jake, shut up.

Q: How lore friendly is this?

A: The writing and world is heavily based on canon records of the years after the bombs fell, while specific characters, factions, and some events in the mod are not canon, they are our efforts to recreate what the world would look like immediately after the bombs fell, and explain why the commonwealth is the way it is.

Q: When did this start development and how far along are you?

A: I am only one person on a team of many people. I am writing a good chunk of the side quests and locations. Naugrim, the leader of the project stated we are looking for an end of summer release, which at the moment is a pretty easy shot. Some progress pics will be posted below. As for the writing, I have a lot of quests drafted, but I focus on quality as well as quantity, but I have very high expectations for myself. The side quests are around 40% complete, I have a very long note driven quest I can't bring myself to end.

Q: Quests? If I recall the original DUST didn't have quests.

A: Correct, DUST didn't have any marked quests, but it had a few note quests and locational quests. FROST does not have any marked quests either, nor does it have any (subject to change) dialogue quests, most if not all quests will be unmarked or done via notes. It sounds lame on paper but we really put a lot of effort into the writing to make it feel very realistic in terms of how people communicate. Characters have personalities and motives. And do not worry, we are lactose intolerant so there is no "cheesy" dialogue.

Q: I really enjoyed DUST, but I'm afraid I won't get the same feel from FROST, will I enjoy this

A: Yes.

Screenshots of progress:

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr10

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr11

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr10

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr11

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr12

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr13

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Tumblr14

Bear in mind naugrim has yet to add any real weather effects yet, since we are still working on the world.
Also feel free to ask me any questions I haven't already answered, I can't answer certain things if it includes spoilers or such, but you get the gist.

EDIT: Thank you everyone for the kind words, we are all just as excited as you!

UPDATE : FROST Main Theme OST: https://soundcloud.com/cameron-mckinley-travels/frost-main-titles-begin-again

Last edited by Doggo on Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:12 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
keatit71

keatit71

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Null
Level: Error value too high

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:02 am

oh thats what it is the trailer wasn't giving much away but it sort of makes sense now

Back to top Go down
http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:21 am

keatit71 wrote:
oh thats what it is the trailer wasn't giving much away but it sort of makes sense now

Yeah when putting the trailer together we really went for that "I'm a little confused" vibe.
Back to top Go down
keatit71

keatit71

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Null
Level: Error value too high

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 am

yeah that makes sense now

Back to top Go down
http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 9:13 am

Hell yeah first the frontier now this goodbye social life.
Back to top Go down
okinabe

okinabe

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 9:23 am

Wohoooo at last, apocalypse survival mod for Fallout 4 :,) been searching like this for a long time :,) thanks to share with us sir @Doggo and hell yeah goodbye social, Fallout 4 to the max hehehe @PurpleTalkingDeathclaw

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Giphy10
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 9:27 am

I'm getting all giddy everyone is excited. This is by far the biggest fallout project I've worked with and I'm ecstatic to have played such a role in it as I have. While I don't make the mod certainly, I definitely am producing a large amount of side quests and things for everyone to do. Also we will be updating the mod after release to add amours, weapons, quests, and locations.
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 11:50 am

Looks good @Doggo! by the way nice new avatar!

With the release of The Frontier around the corner (hopefully) and Nuka World announced, anndddd THIS one came along.... looks like im gonna put a ton of more hours into both FNV and mainly FO4!

Looking forward to this! Banana Dance

Back to top Go down
DevinMonroe

DevinMonroe

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 12:37 pm

I never played Dust so this will be my first experience with a mod like it, suffice to say it looks really good, looking forward to checking it out. Thumbs Up

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Nice modern warfare 2 in that trailer XD. Seriously though, I love fnv dust and I'm really looking forawrd to this and expect nothing less than a masterpiece with Naugrim as the lead creator. Can't wait!

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Tactical308 wrote:
Nice modern warfare 2 in that trailer XD. Seriously though, I love fnv dust and I'm really looking forawrd to this and expect nothing less than a masterpiece with Naugrim as the lead creator. Can't wait!

Shhhh keep your voice down haha. In all seriousness we really just needed one voice for the trailer, but they also needed to be British (you'll see why). Unfortunately my voice is pretty sing-songy and a bit nasaly so I couldn't do it.

Naugrim really has a good idea of what he wants to do and he is a dream to work with. I've worked on quite a few mods before and the people in charge can be very vague or not sure. First thing Naugrim did when I first join was give me an entire outline of the story and how I can help. He also has really learned a lot since he started DUST, so this will be a lot more "together" I'd say.
Back to top Go down
baba10110

baba10110

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:05 pm

I really enjoy DUST on New Vegas so I will closely follow the arrival of this mod.
Project Brazil, The Frontier, Frost... The coming months will be rich in new mazing mods.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:25 pm

@VeteranAlpha I can actually answer that for you, it takes place before the base game, I believe 5 or 10 years after the great war.

wulox

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Enjoyed DUST in new vegas so I'm looking forward to this! Much prefer nuclear winter style settings compared to the dried up desert wastelands in games/films so this should be good!
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:36 pm

VeteranAlpha wrote:
Tactical308 wrote:
@VeteranAlpha I can actually answer that for you, it takes place before the base game, I believe 5 or 10 years after the great war.

Huh. Well that is kind of odd, was expecting it to be after the base game, it just feels a bit weird if it takes place near the beginning. Neutral  
Dust took place after fnv because the mojave was relatively safe compared to the rest of the world on account of house protecting the strip from the bombs. There was a lot of lore to go on, like the tunnelers and spore carriers and the cloud, to safely make dust lore friendly and a special kind of hell. The commonwealth on the other hand, was hit directly by the bombs, and would have tons of juicy ideas to make the area crazy devastated. After the main game, however, it seems as if the commonwealth would only improve, so it makes a lot more sense to have it directly after a catastrophic event like the great war. At least that's my take on it. Personally, I think it'll be interesting to finally see the fresh aftermath, rather than 200+ years later.
EDIT: I actually don't know if you've heard of dust, but this mod is it's successor

Last edited by Tactical308 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 8:38 pm

VeteranAlpha wrote:
Tactical308 wrote:

Huh. Well that is kind of odd, was expecting it to be after the base game, it just feels a bit weird if it takes place near the beginning. Neutral  

I can confirm this, it takes place during the nuclear winter that came right after the bombs fell. At the very start of the project Naugrim thought about doing it both before and after, and decided that right after the bombs fell during the winter would be the best time to maximize gameplay mechanics (with the environment factoring into when you go outside) and story (tons of new factions and people dealing with how to world is now.)
Back to top Go down
Sahaall

Sahaall

Character sheet
Name: John Doe
Faction: Body Stacker
Level: Not Dead

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:32 am

First off I want to say that dust was great, I really enjoyed it and the fact that it made me change my playstyle from "Ooo living thing, kill it." to "Run dude, you gonna die!". I do have a few questions you may or may not be able to answer, first off the screenshots of the snow look really bright, are you and your team planning on making it darker to kind of represent the atmosphere full of ash? My second question is; will there be anything to do with the Cabots?

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Regist10
FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Fallou10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO   FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO Empty

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT: FROST ALL INFO

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next