Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Help removing/deleting part of a mesh

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
annex77

PostSubject: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Thu May 05, 2016 3:31 am

Hey guys I'm trying to port a FNV armor to FO4 and the problem is the armor has built in gloves what would be the best way to delete them I have blender and 3ds max but I am a rookie in both. I can't figure out how to delete just the gloves. Outfit studio can not convert hands to FO4 so that is why I must remove the gloves. I'm following a porting tutorial created by a guy that successfully ported the NCR ranger armor to FO4. That armor in his example already has the gloves removed so I'm stuck.

Last edited by annex77 on Thu May 05, 2016 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MR_AFICIONADO

PostSubject: Re: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Thu May 05, 2016 3:55 am

I expected something else entirely.

Location : Capital Wasteland,Vault 108: Currently looking for a---"GARY!?!"

PostSubject: Re: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Thu May 05, 2016 5:15 am

I was going to suggest holding the knife with your mouth, but I suppose I actually have nothing to add to this thread. Alas.

-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruz011

PostSubject: Re: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Thu May 05, 2016 7:11 am

Of course outfit studio converts gloves. But its a hell of work to bring them in the pose from new vegas to fo4. If you have the pose done then you convert them like helmets, only take vanilla hands as reference.

For removing the gloves, send me your file on pm i will remove it for you. Cause explaining how to do it would take more than doing it myself. I suggest you to watch some beginner tutorials for 3ds max or blender, step by step. If you are going to work with 3ds max then the tutorials from nightasy Nightasy Tutorials this ones are based on skyrim but the steps are almost the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annex77

PostSubject: Re: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Fri May 06, 2016 2:37 am

Thanks for the link. I will check it out. I'm trying to remove the gloves because they went nuts in outfit studio when I tried to convert to FO4. As of now I have the upper torso from the armor converted to a .obj file it is also converted to the skyrim pose. I wish I didn't have to get rid of the gloves but it seems like the only way. The armor I'm trying to convert is dragbody's AO deathstroke armor for personal use unless I can get permission from him to release it here. I'm not sure if I have enough post to pm yet but if i can I will send you the file. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cruz011

PostSubject: Re: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

i send you the files on you pm. before you start to release it here please ask @dragbody.

PostSubject: Re: Help removing/deleting part of a mesh   Today at 10:07 am

Back to top Go down

Help removing/deleting part of a mesh

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1