Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Halloween Screenshot Contest 2016 ________________

Profile Image Guidelines
October 2016

Share | 

Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Character sheet
Name: Wewus Laddus
Faction: New Vegas Strip
Level: 420

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Remove the voiced protagonist, put back all the features seen in previous fallout titles like traits, skills, perks, Damage Threshold, degradation of weapons and equipment along with weapon jamming or breaking. Also add far more calibers to the vanilla base game such examples include .30-06, .303 British, 7.62x39mm, 5.45x39mm, .50 AE, .300 Blackout, etc.

I'd also go for better plot and story. I liked Obsidian's style of storytelling by leaving much of the courier's background a mystery and allowing you to make their story and background up. I really loathed Bethesda's way where you're either the son/daughter of a scientist who left you and forces you to find him or the father/mother of a kid who was kidnapped. I prefer the blank slate to character building than what the dev wants you to be. Yeah, you where a courier in New Vegas. In canon, you also have traveled all over the west coast and have been as far east as Utah before Honest Hearts and as far west as the NCR and it's territories. However, they kept the slate clean and allowed for you to build you character, leaving many other canon events ambiguous and up to the player. Where as Bethesda's approach in FO4 already decided what you where before the game's events, I'd revert back to Obsidian's style if given charge to make a fallout game.

More factions and societies. Expand upon the lore of the wasteland. Enter power struggles like in NV. Of course, it's not a Fallout game without the BoS in it, still keep them, bring back other factions like the NCR or maybe even the legion, but also introduce new factions that would make sense to exist in the time.

Finally, switch over to a different engine, or develop a much newer engine that's less prone to crashing and doesn't feel outdated.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:50 am

1. Unless they're willing to pay for multiple male and female voice actors or investing in voice synthesizing, drop the paid protagonist. On your first playthrough, you try to roleplay but then you character opens his mouth and he just sounds boring. On your second playthrough of the same gender, it just sounds like your last playthrough.

2. Better quest and writing variety. There are tons of great RPGs and shooters, and ~4 years after Fallout New Vegas this is what you have to show? More meaningful options and more chances to roleplay.

3. The Witcher 3 looks amazing, even post-downgrade, and runs pretty well considering how it looks. Metal Gear Solid V is super smooth and runs at 60 FPS even on consoles while still looking pretty great. Fallout 4 runs like ass and goes sub 30 sometimes on console. When in cities, shadow's that you don't even see are being rendered and tanking your FPS, all while it looks just alright. Some people say, if Bethesda didn't keep using this kind of engine, then you wouldn't be able to do a bunch of cool shit, like picking up items. But this is also the same engine where if you bump into a static car at the wrong angle, it'll launch you into the air and kill you. This is the engine where if anything hits the ground or surface at a weird angle, it can spaz out or just fly away. I almost hate that you can post a gif of something bugging in a Bethesda game and you'll get laughs and not "wow, that bug existed in Fallout 3."

4. Put skills back in. I don't even know how they got removed in the first place. The new system makes every character a bit more rounded now that basic functions once tied to skills are now tied to level-restricted perks. If you specced yourself right and chose the right starting skills and traits (which were also removed), you could max out a skill in your first 5-10 levels. If you want to be a master thief, you could pour every point of your next level-up into stealth and pickpocket. In Fallout 4, the benefits of level 100 sneak and pickpocket are locked away at level 30+. The new system also makes every level-up less exciting. "Oh boy, I can't wait to get the next level of that perk," except it's now 6+ levels away and now you have to pick up something while you wait. Even with New Vegas's 1 perk every 2 levels, you got to mess with skill points. Even if getting to level 50 of sneak had the same function as getting the 3rd level of the sneak perk, getting to mess around with both perks and skill points was just a lot better.

5. It only took a ~$20 of DLC to get the settlement system to where it should have been in the first place, so they can't get rid of it. That said, I hope they don't replace every interesting town with a settlement again like how FO4 feels. Maybe have an actual town or outpost with things you already want to protect, and then you could grow it out and build around it.

6. Less radiant quests, please. Even if they don't replace actual, hand-made quests, which it certainly feels like they do, they're still really annoying after the second or third time. Go there, kill everything, or go there, place this item, they're all really trite. At least increase the variety and make them less in your face.

Certainly Bethesda have learned their lesson, right?

Edit: Grammar stuff

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Character sheet
Name: Character

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Yesterday at 5:35 pm

I would like to see a great story and a map of the world in the first part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Yesterday at 6:32 pm

1. More voice actors for the protagonist. I like that the main character is voiced, i just want a little more to choose from.
2. Endings actually being different. No generic endings,.
3. Fully fleshed out factions. The minutemen had such potensial, but it was all blown away with those generic quests.
4. Performance: I run the Witcher 3 on all ultra with heavy light mods and a reshade. It never drops below 60 fps. FO4 on the other hand almost always dropp in fps. So actually making sure the game runs smooth.

If you have some questions regarding one of my screens fell free to send me a message Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Yesterday at 8:33 pm

More RPG elements need to come back. No more voiced protag, more dialog options, and just overall more choice. They have combat down, but they don't have what made Fallout, Fallout.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Yesterday at 11:11 pm

After some reflection I think that better weapon mechanics and animations would be great additions to a hardcore or survival mode, think red orchestra 2 / killing floor 2 animations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Constable Canada

Character sheet
Name: Rook
Faction: Railroad
Level: 63

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Yesterday at 11:50 pm

I think it would be awesome to see some Co-op gameplay. I always wanted to roam the wastes with a friend. Granted yes it kinda takes away the point of it being a single player only game, but I think they should give it a chance.

"You climb like old people f**k Private Pile ." ~Gunnery Sgt. Hartman

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game   Today at 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Features That You Wish to Change in Next Fallout Game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3