Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein khan dead vault Armor machine Overhaul marvel money hunk Reforged mandalorian ghoul boom NPCs Gear daryl riot Ryse commonwealth Mask body Superpele Call FCOM boomers
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Aztec

Aztec

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

@ndnuzik
Glad to hear it. Thumbs Up
@Havoc
Well it's argueble. You said you'll place more faith in Beth for some product rather than mod authors same type product and I can understand that. But when we look in the past mod authors made and pull some thing that even Beth didn't do. Example, and let's start with small things, followers in Skyrim. There are some pretty good followers created by community that are not dull as pretty much all vanilla followers. Now to the bigger things. I wouldn't call Frostfall and basic needs mods "expanding". They are completely new features that are not included in vanilla game. You can even see some big DLC formally known as expansions mods that have Beth feel to them. If I had no knowlage about them i'd say it's official.

happysheep

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:26 am

I imagine they'll release 2 large DLCs as they did with Skyrim (Far Harbor mid-year, next towards Christmas). The rest will be these small add-ons that take little effort for them to make. Unless they particularly appeal to you (Or a mod's made for them that does) I'd wait until they're on sale. And yeah... They're delaying the GECK so the add-ons are more appealing. Sorry for contributing to the echo chamber.
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:29 am

happysheep wrote:
I imagine they'll release 2 large DLCs as they did with Skyrim (Far Harbor mid-year, next towards Christmas). The rest will be these small add-ons that take little effort for them to make. Unless they particularly appeal to you (Or a mod's made for them that does) I'd wait until they're on sale. And yeah... They're delaying the GECK so the add-ons are more appealing. Sorry for contributing to the echo chamber.
Bethesda gonna pull that one again?
Back to top Go down
lordniti2

lordniti2

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:39 am

I am very hyped for the autromatron dlc but at the sametime this dlc won't make me forget that the creation kit has not been released yet still I imagine everyone is going to have alot of fun building their own robot

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 6:30 am

happysheep wrote:
And yeah... They're delaying the GECK so the add-ons are more appealing.

This is pure speculation on your part and nothing but.  They said last June that the GECK wouldn't release until sometime in 2016, and they just confirmed that the GECK is in testing for release.  They released plenty of DLC/expansions for their previous games after the modding tools were released, and those sold just fine.  So it makes no sense to assume that they'd deliberately delay mod tools to benefit DLC.

If that's what you choose to believe that's your right, but don't present a theory/assumption as fact.
Back to top Go down
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Hmm build my own robot, sounds fun.  I could make a sentry bot with a Mr. Handy voice!  Always wanted my own sentry bot butler, or wait...how about an assaultron with a Ms. Nanny voice, the cuteness of Curie with the deadlyness of an Assaultron all rolled into one.  I wonder if the dlc will let us do anything with Codsworth, like transfer his memory unit or whatever into a Mr. Gutsy...or a sentry bot.

My personal thoughts on that arena one are basically this.  Where am I going to put that?  I was thinking the Castle cause that courtyard and all...but that damn radio tower is in the way, then I was thinking sanctuary I haven't used that eastern end for anything so I could fit it there.  Oh wait I know!  Spectacle Isle!  Yes, it would be quite the spectacle to spectate on Spectacle Isle.  Also taxidermy?  So I could have my own stuffed deathclaw then?  That's awesome, always wanted one of those.  Think I could get my own stuffed Super Mutant Behemoth?  Maybe also a stuffed mirelurk queen?  That'd also be neat.

Now as for Far Harbor I really like the sound of that one, you know ever since I encountered those Children of Atom I couldn't help but wonder if they'd end up playing a bigger role in a DLC.  Really curious to see what those whack jobs are doing there, seriously never trust a group of people who are immune to radiation and not ghouls.  I also wonder if the mythical ghoul whale will make an appearance, like if you see it on the boat ride to Far Harbor, or if there will be a side quest involving it.  What?  I've never killed a ghoul whale before...seriously do you know how long I've been waiting for a golden opportunity to say the line, "From hell's heart I stab at thee!"?  Not very, but I still want to say it.
Back to top Go down
eggman249

eggman249

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 2:55 pm

I'm excited about Far Harbor, can't wait to hear and see what happened to my home state of Maine.
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 3:53 pm

I'd like to add some perspective that nobody has mentioned before. I've read all the pages in this thread since the announcement of the dlc and listened to everyone's point of view. There is merit on both sides of the aisle. Here's what I see with the recent dlc, it's being targeted at the console crowd, not the PC crowd. The console players don't have access to the mods yet so this will be far more appealing to them then to us.

It does seem that Bethesda has been paying attention to the mods that are already out there and taking some of those ideas and expanding on them. That's not a bad thing, yeah the price is arguably more then it should be but if you already have the season pass you're already set. I had purchased the game and the season pass for $72 through Green Man Gaming. If you're going to pay full price for something go through GMG and save a little money.

Yes TalkieToaster has already created a mod for FO4 that gives you the ability to build bots for settlements and can have them follow you with no limit. Yes a couple people have already made mods where you can have a deathclaw follower and other a creatures but I am interested in seeing the system they put in place. If nothing else it should be easier to implement new follower mods off of it. 

I first felt the dlc was a cash grab, but once again I realized the dlc is more targeted towards the console crowd who will leap at the new content. I think some might be upset because we all expected the dlc to be like the last 2 iterations of Fallout. Three full mods instead of 2 add ons and 1 full. I Certainly expected that as well. We haven't even seen what the other dlc they have in store yet so maybe they will be full dlc.

happysheep

happysheep

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 5:33 am

@Tesvixen Forgive me for omtting the 'IMO'.

Tesvixen wrote:
This is pure speculation on your part and nothing but.
They're a business that exists to make money. The two small DLCs are quickly put together and would not sell as well were they competing with GECK made mods. Especially since they plan to allow modding on consoles, previously a consumer base that could only buy DLC.

Tesvixen wrote:
They said last June that the GECK wouldn't release until sometime in 2016, and they just confirmed that the GECK is in testing for release.
Wasn't saying they weren't going to release it this year. If I had to guess they'll release it after the two small DLCs have released, then churn out a few more small DLCs. They can then compare how the DLCs sell, equal in their shitness but not the backdrop in which they were sold.

Tesvixen wrote:
They released plenty of DLC/expansions for their previous games after the modding tools were released, and those sold just fine.
Large DLCs yep. Small shite like GunRunner's Arsenal nope. I don't care enough to look up figures, so yeah speculation, but if I had to guess that shite sold far better on consoles than PC.

Tesvixen wrote:
So it makes no sense to assume that they'd deliberately delay mod tools to benefit DLC.
^

Tesvixen wrote:
If that's what you choose to believe that's your right, but don't present a theory/assumption as fact.
This entire thread is people giving their opinions. But if it will make you happy.....Happy Sheep contributed to this reply in his personal capacity. The views expressed are his own and do not necessarily represent the views of Bethesda Softworks, LLC or it's associated entities.
Back to top Go down
chemmy

chemmy

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 7:32 am

This was release a hour ago, and by the looks of it, if it's right, the creation kit/geck for FO4 will be release in april.

you can read about it here
Code:
http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-modding-tools-arriving-april/?utm_content=buffere0b6a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamer
Back to top Go down
Vrig88

Vrig88

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 4:24 pm

@chemmy Yeah I just read a similar article posted on IGNs website, but they didn't say "Creation Kit", they just emphasized Mod Support. I'm really hoping that is the case though.

chemmy

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 5:02 pm

@Vrig88, one i posted, they talk about the modkit and Todd Howard said something about it, and on game informer, todd talks about it as well, but we will see

you can read that here, it's at the bottom

Code:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx
Back to top Go down
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 am

I went ahead and bought the Season Pass yesterday.

Even though I've yet to play the game (It's installing as I typed this!), it's better off paying £25/$30 now then paying £40/$50 later.

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 9:55 pm

i think, Fallout 4 DLC's may not be as interesting as the previous titles were, that's just my opinion anyways. I am honestly not looking forward to most of them, i would love some Pre-WAR related DLC, like operation anchorage those were good for me, i'd love some DLC with ineteresting stories in it, but after seeing the story with F4 i honestly doubt that the story will be any better,

just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:44 pm

RikugunTaisaDancho wrote:
i think, Fallout 4 DLC's may not be as interesting as the previous titles were, that's just my opinion anyways. I am honestly not looking forward to most of them, i would love some Pre-WAR related DLC, like operation anchorage those were good for me, i'd love some DLC with ineteresting stories in it, but after seeing the story with F4 i honestly doubt that the story will be any better,

just my opinion.

I agree with you. As I stated previously, the DLCs developed by Obsidian were much resourceful. The stories were really in depth and well connected to each other. Yet, because of the conflict between two companies, Bethesda just pretend New Vegas never existed. I will be honest, when Fallout 4's DLC got revealed, I was not as excited as when New Vegas's DLC got revealed. However, considering they still have more plans for 2016, we will see.
Back to top Go down
RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:36 am

I also heard one of them were a DLC about Arenas? where you can capture creatures and do Gladiator-like arenas?

If that's the case, i would be very disapointed. since i play Fallout to explore, to role play as my own character, i don't like it when my character gain arenas and such, for me it would be very boring to just watch these NPCs battle each other to the death, i would love it if the DLC had more than that, stories. new world new items, and companions, or NPCs.

i prefer DLC's that is all about exploring such as, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, you get the point.

i don't like mods that puts me in charge of things, unless Fallout has an RTS system for managing i'd love to, but they don't sadly. so i don't like commanding soldiers in First Person or Third Person, it makes it complicated.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 6:47 am

Another thing thou, i am honestly sick of Scientific or Robotic DLC's, i am just plain bored at these guys, fighting robots all day can get boring, Synths, Lobots, i would love a DLC that actually has proper Factions in it, and make things less "Scientific" Old World Blues hurts my head with all the Dialogue, so i mostly just read the important part and skip the chatter. i would love DLCs, that for ONCE is wasteland-ish instead of you getting dragged onto a dream or any of the sort,

that's how i want the DLC's to be like, it would be cool if they added more factions that is NOT ROBOTIC in F4s DLCs, i miss fighting Raiders and all that. i am going trough Old World Blues and i don't know why, but for some reason i felt like i want to get out of Big Mountain, then i am enjoying it, that's just my taste thou,

i am sure you guys have your own taste of what DLCs should be.
Back to top Go down
onowrouzi

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 8:57 pm

With all due respect to Bethesda, I've found that modder content far exceeds official content. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be possible without the canvas they have made, but there's something about the work put out there by modders that just blows it out of the water. Perhaps it's probability (the amount of people with access to the modding tools vs the size of the actual team) or maybe just office politics, but damn... modder content (at least a good portion of it) is just phenomenal.

RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 12:01 am

Yea i agree, i think DLCs like the Wasteland ARENA ones are something Modders could have done, i saw a mod similar to that in Skyrim, i honestly think it's pathetic with what less effort Bethesda is putting in their DLCs, and the insanely priced DLCs. charging alot of price for just one DLC, It saddens me, with how many money they are charging now with the new Updated Skyrim Engine they are using.

heres my point of view

Right now i am struggling to get Fallout 4, i have to talk to my big brother and wait for him to buy the game, and even that took long enough, worse part. is that if i ever want the DLC, i'd have to rego the same thing.

i live in Indonesia, so it's not as easy as you think to get Fallout 4, or any Steam games. Steam Cards are overpriced, so i usually go to my big brother to get me the game, if getting the basic game was hard enough for me, i won't even try getting the DLCs at all. problably i might get Far Harbor a couple months after its out, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.   Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bethesda's recent announcements on DLC and Updates.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next