Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rvelation216

PostSubject: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:42 pm

I've played a fair bit, mainly play as a bounty hunter but cant decide if its rewarding or fun enough to really keep at, just wondering if other people who have played more of it think its enjoyable enough to stick at. Dont get me wrong i enjoy it but i do worry it may get too repetitive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: Siegrain
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am

I have played it for a share amount of time and actually completed one story line as a Sith Warrior.

The stories can be great apparently, but what I've noticed the game is dull if you're not subscribed.

Restricted to amount of characters, no access to the grand loot of dungeon's/instances/flashpoints (you get the point).

Really slow ass leveling, meaning if you're stuck on one boring ass planet it takes forever to get off it.

I personally enjoyed the game more when I had a subscription, than without but that's just me.

I know of a legit site where you can get the subscriptions cheaper.

IMO TOR: promised WAY more than they delivered, true the free updates are great but yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rvelation216

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:26 pm

I am currently subscribed as ive hear people make that point before, i'd played it free for a while and felt a bit meh about it but i admit getting all the other race options and things made things more interesting, i think i'll keep playing and doing the story, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:42 pm

i bought a deal on origin which gave me 60 day subscription and all the expansions for 13 dollars ish.
it was the best deal ive made in a while, i currently have three characters which i swith between and im loving the game a little to much

but the subscription is very vital, there are so many features you miss out on without it

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:28 am

its a really cool game they nerfed it alot which can be good and bad like companions can wear anything since armor and weapon stats dont apply to them anymore and you lvl up quicker now if you sub u get like 12x xp for everything but its a fun game overall

My Achievements:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rvelation216

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:44 am

@AussieShepherd117 wrote:
its a really cool game they nerfed it alot which can be good and bad like companions can wear anything since armor and weapon stats dont apply to them anymore and you lvl up quicker now if you sub u get like 12x xp for everything but its a fun game overall

I didnt know my companions could wear anything... thanks for that, thats gonna make my game look a lot better :')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
elek2008

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:01 am

You can also check the GTN for companion skins. Overall Swtor is a great game, even more fun with other players. You can take turns doing story missions with friends.

PostSubject: Re: Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?   Today at 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Star wars the old republic, worth playing or not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1