Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lillandoniril

PostSubject: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:25 am

If both of these ranger warriors fought to the death in the Bering Strait who would win
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiggyy

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:20 pm

The spartan rangers have a larger and more modern arsenal than the NCR. They also seem to be better equipt overall. It would be a close fight but with what the spartans have to fight with in the metro I give them the edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danbrother

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Friendship! :-)

Those guys, who have faught so tough and for so long, have nothing to quarrel over.

A man who really knows what the war is, like both of those guys, have the least wish to unleash it ;-)

View user profile
BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Paul Monroe
Faction: None
Level: 83

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:16 pm

I think that the Metro Spartan Rangers will win,because to me they simply have more experience.I mean sure,NCR Rangers fight all kinds of abominations but is the wasteland filled with radioactive rain?Noooo its not,and them compared to the Metro rangers look like rookies going on their first mission.

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:25 pm

The Spartan Rangers for me, better equiped, better training and just in general don't act like a bunch of pansy's like the NCR Rangers, if the NCR Rangers are the Elite squad of the NCR army, then why can't they defeat a couple of people in skirts and football gear who use machetes? Plus not to mention they would probably sooner rarther leave their comrades to death in a battle than help.

The Rangers Of The Order:

Steam:

My YouTube Channel:

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCNteFFVUeKj0xcPSV37tzOg
AceofSnakes

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Alright, I've ranted about the NCR Rangers before. I love them but oh hell they do not stand a chance against any foe with modern weapons and equipment. Here's why - I'll start with the best first, and my personal favorite subject. Guns 'n shit.

Firearms:

Gear / Equipment:

Training & Conclusion:

Also, NCR = Fat Man? Sparta Rangers = D6 ICBMs. That and both parties have something similar to a stimpak which works the same way, so I didn't include that. Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading that. I enjoyed writing it. Smile

But we all know the 75th Ranger Regiment are the best Rangers. Vault Shades

"Welcome to Task Force Revenant."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeteranAlpha

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:44 pm

@AceofSnakes also don't forget that the highest tier weapon in the Metro is the Preved aswell, a WW2 PTRD-41 which uses the 14.5×114mm round which in real life is as big as your hand. closed eyes smile
In the game it uses the 12.7x108mm round which is the same as the DSHK rounds, and boy let me tell you that bullet could destroy the NCR Rangers Riot Gear, if a 9MM can then imagine the damage the 12.7x108mm round can do.

Also forgot to mention that the Spartan Rangers not only have good and protective combat helmets, but they also have the Soviet Spetsnaz GRU helmet, which comes with a bulletproof visor. Smile

Steam:

My YouTube Channel:

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCNteFFVUeKj0xcPSV37tzOg
Ghost_1021

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 am

Well I must say that Is impressive, The NCR ranger gear is not just our typical Riot gear look at the Honest Hearts Armor It was employed by Marines In the Resource War with China, surely they would be worried about more than a simple 9mm round. I get that it was Desert Ranger Combat armor but it is based on the same armor. With a separate universe it would be different, however the detailed analysis on the weapons and the lack of ammo pouches plus the hindering pants/coat are very well though out. that being said I would have to agree that the Spartan Rangers would wipe the floor with the NCR rangers.

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:33 pm

@Ghost_1021 wrote:
Well I must say that Is impressive, The NCR ranger gear is not just our typical Riot gear look at the Honest Hearts Armor It was employed by Marines In the Resource War with China, surely they would be worried about more than a simple 9mm round. I get that it was Desert Ranger Combat armor but it is based on the same armor. With a separate universe it would be different, however the detailed analysis on the weapons and the lack of ammo pouches plus the hindering pants/coat are very well though out. that being said I would have to agree that the Spartan Rangers would wipe the floor with the NCR rangers.

Good point but it's entirely possible (And likely) that the U.S.M.C. would employ a different set of ballistic systems for their own variant of the armor. In game, it only gives two more Damage Resistance than the normal NCR Ranger Armor. It still lacks a large amount of pouches as well. If the Marines used this, you can probably mix it with the Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle since they are of the same camo pattern, and create a seemingly realistic sniper loadout from the Military. It would make sense, since Combat Armor would have no doubt been standard issue to the rest of the Marines, along with the 'Military Fatigues' from Fallout 4.

Marines get the Army's hand-me-downs, and a few pieces of specialized equipment. In universe, it'd be likely that the Gov't would supply all armed forces combat personnel with combat armor. Specialty armor, like the Vickers set, would probably have been issued to elements like Scout Snipers, and other recon based groups. Power Armor was probably given to select specialty soldiers and Special Operations personnel, but good god a SEAL wearing Power Armor would be downright wrong. closed eyes smile

"Welcome to Task Force Revenant."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost_1021

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:34 am

I would have to agree with you there on the SEAL in power armor haha. I didn't even think of the Combat armor, even though I use it in F04

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:40 am

Desert Rangers and Spartan Rangers are equipped and trained for two completely different environments of fighting. Spartan Rangers are probably poorly equipped and trained to fight on the surface or in a desert environment. Everything they wear and use and is mostly for underground short range urban warfare. Minus their occasional trips topside they usually do so in armored convoys to face dangers that are completely different from the Mojave wasteland.

Desert Rangers fight in extreme heat and over long distances. I get the feeling their main priorities are movement, speed, and protection from the sun hence the trench coat. Both groups are superior at what they do but comparing the two is like trying to compare jungle warfare to desert warfare and then asking which unit is better. It'd all depend on the situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Svide

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:38 pm

Spartan rangers, Cause NCR Rangers just train and patrol the Mojave hoping to see some action while in the metro the Spartans have to fight almost every day and train everyday. Barely making it day by day. They even barely sleep!

PostSubject: Re: NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger   Today at 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down

NCR Ranger Vs. Metro Spartan Ranger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1