Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel riot money commonwealth Gear ghoul FCOM dead mandalorian daryl boom machine Call wolfenstein Reforged Armor khan Overhaul Mask NPCs vault boomers Ryse Superpele body hunk
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:06 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:29 am

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Juzkin590 wrote:
AussieShepherd117 wrote:
right??..

yeah they just too lazy that they canned it like disney with star wars the expended universe its a shame Bethesda Fallouts dont have humor like the first two gammes did

SgtSpectre

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:59 pm

@AussieShepherd117

Well much of the dark humor had to go away after Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.
It had stepped more into the realm of mainstream games.... which mean kids are immortal and certain things are a big no no... Detonating Megaton in the Japanese Version... nope.... Brahmin in the Indian Version... Nope... Overall Censorship im told in the European Versions?

The Humor was hilarious in 1 and 2... and sadly when transitioning it to a more... happy go lucky type of development.. some of it got lost... the humor couldn't be as morbid... some forms of violence right now... basically its a case of politically correctness ruining a game.
Back to top Go down
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:30 pm

SgtSpectre wrote:
@AussieShepherd117

Well much of the dark humor had to go away after Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.
It had stepped more into the realm of mainstream games.... which mean kids are immortal and certain things are a big no no... Detonating Megaton in the Japanese Version... nope.... Brahmin in the Indian Version... Nope... Overall Censorship im told in the European Versions?

The Humor was hilarious in 1 and 2... and sadly when transitioning it to a more... happy go lucky type of development.. some of it got lost... the humor couldn't be as morbid... some forms of violence right now... basically its a case of politically correctness ruining a game.

they could of atleast kept the low intelligence dialogue where your a complete autistic player

inaki2307

inaki2307

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:39 pm

I think is a preety good game but I think the first fallout and new vegas are much better. But still being a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/wasteland_artworks/
Frosty7130

Frosty7130

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 10:42 pm

As an FPS and a game in general, it's fantastic. As a Fallout game and an RPG... kinda meh. The lack of a true survival mode (like New Vegas), the gutting of the dialogue system, and the average main quest storytelling (kind of a given in a Bethesda game) hold the game back a little. I think you guys make a good point in saying its a victim of its own hype. I remember how insane r/Fallout went during the E3 showcase.

I really hope Bethesda gives Obsidian another shot at a Fallout game with the upgraded engine, because with the new features, that game could be really special.

That being said, its a damn fun game still, and I've put in plenty of hours, and will still put in more. I can't wait to see what the modding community does with it once the GECK is released, especially the people here.

Lillandoniril

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 11:10 pm

I think it just needs a lot more content and side quests

ededed117

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 1:27 am

@"Lillandoniril" Yeah I second that. But I think they might just going to release very big dlcs, like dawnguard and dragonborn in Skyrim, which are two main quests line themselves. If they make 4 of those I thing I would be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Comrade-Norsch

Comrade-Norsch

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 3:42 am

I'm absolutely loving it. My only slight issue was how bright and colorful it was, but holy cow if you get a good ENB setting, It makes the game perfect! Other then that it has everything I wanted from Fallout NV and Fallout 3.

MR_AFICIONADO

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 5:02 am

I rather like it, but find that it needs a lot more enemy encounters. But im sure the guy that makes the warzones mod for bethesda games with correct that.

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 am

inaki2307 wrote:
I think is a preety good game but I think the first fallout and new vegas are much better. But still being a masterpiece.

i would say Fallout 2 is the best with the amount of things you could do Role play choice wise something we wont see in bethesda games and maybe obsidian

TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 7:36 am

Hey guys, I've been away from here for a while... not posting so much... sorry about that.
Well, so far, my verdict for Fallout 4 is that it's okay, but a bit of a disappointment.
I've only played 30-40 hours into it, and granted, I haven't completed it, but I'm finding it a bit dry. I don't feel it has the same magic as previous Bethesda titles. I'm not seeing much reason to replay the game either with the lack of karma reputation system. In many ways, it seems a step back from Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. I haven't played it since November and I'm not really missing it. What does that tell you? Hmm.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 am

TheHermit wrote:
Hey guys, I've been away from here for a while... not posting so much... sorry about that.
Well, so far, my verdict for Fallout 4 is that it's okay, but a bit of a disappointment.
I've only played 30-40 hours into it, and granted, I haven't completed it, but I'm finding it a bit dry. I don't feel it has the same magic as previous Bethesda titles. I'm not seeing much reason to replay the game either with the lack of karma reputation system. In many ways, it seems a step back from Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas. I haven't played it since November and I'm not really missing it. What does that tell you? Hmm.

im 250 hours in havnt had this much fun with a game in ages still havnt beaten the game as well

TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 8:54 am

I think my disappointment is more because of the lack of serious mods at the moment.
There's a lot of settlement stuff, but I'm really finding that whole thing a bit mundane. There's your typical boob and body mods, which aren't that important to me right now. The only mods I can really praise right now are the retextures, HUD fixes and True Storms.

I'm not seeing much replay value in the role play sense because of the way Fallout 4 is with voiced protagonist - despite actually liking the feature. And from the looks of it you can't play a bad guy as such... all of the endings are quite similar.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 9:14 am

The only thing the game is lacking for me is the number of quest,interesting dialogue, and of course the karma system which badly damages the rpg element (or is there any?)of the game.
Back to top Go down
TehJoninator5

TehJoninator5

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:04 am

Spoiler:

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:49 am

BITBUT wrote:
The only thing the game is lacking for me is the number of quest,interesting dialogue, and of course the karma system which badly damages the rpg element (or is there any?)of the game.

there was no karma in elder scrolls yet they master pieces

Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:54 am

I love fallout 4 I have exactly 110 hours into it. But it is extremely lacking. You shouldn't be able to notice cut content, but we all saw the million posts asking about why people in the combat zone, robot race track, ect just attacked us. If bethesda added just a bunch of small side quests that aren't radiant as time passes, I'd be happy. I can overlook the lack of RPG elements or the lack of content, I cannot overlook both.
Back to top Go down
FNVCourier

FNVCourier

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 10:55 am

For me I wouldn't say that F4 was a disappointment as a whole but there were some disappointing moments and other aspects. Going into the game opening day that Fallout feeling was strong as ever. New Game, New Fallout, New Excitement. The sounds and those first two hours or so in game made the game seem strong.

The problem for me came about what id call the mid point. *spoilers past this point* you kill kellogg and the game just seems to go super freaking quick. Of course this was just playing through the main story. It seemed you had like 4 okay sized quests after that and boom game over. The ending was some what disappointing just to the fact that all the endings were the same. I of course prefer that FNV ending of, I made this choice, this one and this one and this is what happened after i made those choices. I expect DLC to maybe fix some of these.

I think the best part of F4 along with any other Fallout is exploring the land and F4 seemed to be the best one in this regard. So many unique locations that were just fun too be at. Also i really enjoyed the downtown area as thats something id always want to see done in a Fallout. The vertical game play was awesome.

The gun play is a huge step up from the past two titles which was nice. And with that it seemed that difficulty was also increased which was a welcome treat. Add all the modifications to weapons you could get and just the modification system in general and that was great.

Another issue I have, is with the dialogue. Its so disappointing that you don't get those big dialogue choices and speech checks and different ways around different things. Its about the same for responses for every interaction.

Maybe some of these seem silly to you and your allowed to disagree but just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:30 pm

I totally agree with @FNVCourier, quite honestly I feel like bethesda needs a new/better writing team. Emil Pagliarulo is alright with dialogue, but putting him in charge of the whole fallout 4 narrative is an awful idea. The fact that 4's story was the opposite of 3's is unacceptable. Being said I enjoyed a lot of the quests, however there were only 3 memorable side quests in comparison to the 17 enjoyable side quests from new vegas I can name off the top of my head. And then theres the ending. *SPOILER* The endings could be viewed before the game starts and you would not have anything spoiled. New Vegas was excellent with what happens in the coming months and what the courier does. Fallout 4's was literally: "Wow, this world is different, I thought I could do this simply but I couldn't." I was so disappointed that there wasn't any narration by Ron Perlman, it lowered my overall enjoyment a tiny bit.
Back to top Go down
Xehonort

Xehonort

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:48 pm

For me FO4 has it's ups and downs like most games now adays. I stayed away from all the previews and reviews so I wouldn't be over hyped like a lot of people were. I really enjoy the settlement building heck I've spent hours just working on one or two of them. I like how they changed the power armor now I do feel like a walking tank unlike in FO3. I also like how npcs will comment about me being in power armor. Plus a lot of other features like the radiant quest I enjoy those.

But my disappointments for the game are how one of the loading vids shows you can target an enemies weapon in vats, but in game you can't target their weapon. How settlers will either just stand around doing nothing or they keep walking into a wall. I actually seen this happen until another settler walks up to them and talks to them. How limited options for mods for the power armor is in the base game, thankfully a mod fixed that.

How quickly enemies die even on survival mod even when being shot with a 10 mm gun. Also how if you're able to cripple an enemies legs they will eventually get back up, with their legs being crippled and able to move around without any health left on their legs. That's just some to name a few.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next