Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl marvel vault money upgrades NPCs space Superpele khan boom body Mask commonwealth hunk Call FCOM riot wolfenstein Reforged boomers mandalorian Ryse ghoul Gear dead machine
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 12:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
July Screenshot Contest? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

July Screenshot Contest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

July Screenshot Contest? Empty
PostSubject: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 am

I was just going to post this in the MOAR Contests topic, but I figured this would be seen more easily. Please spread the word about this topic. The first contest didn't get nearly enough attention, and suffered from it.

Just to clarify, this is in regard to making a new screenshot contest for the fallout games (Fallout 3, New Vegas, TTW)

If this goes well, we may do contests for other games (Of the community's choice)
Well, DVAted has given me permission to assemble a team to decide on rules/regulations for a new screenshot contest.

So far, itsyoshiduh, Xxshadow1918xX, and pizzamonster94 have agreed to help me make/vote on rules, possible categories, etc.

Due to communication issues between us (Different timezones and continents in some cases) I've just decided to post a new topic in order to get their opinions on rules, along with the community's.

Basically, In the next screenshot contest, all of the original forum image posting rules apply.

In case you don't know, here's the basics:
Cpt.Rex wrote:
1. no simulation of sex/intercourse/coitus (kissing is allowed)
2. no pubic parts/genitals
3. no naked bewbs (side-boob at the very most)
4. no slaughtering of children
5. nothing with crap or urine

Those are from an admin, therefore, not up for discussion.
However, we can decide on other rules  (Not duels  Sparring ).

EDIT: Just so we're clear, only UNEDITED images will be eligible to win: I.E. Not photoshoped. But, custom poses generaded in 3dsmax is perfectly fine. Just nothing that directly edits the image that isn't ingame changes.

Issue 1:

Issue 2:

Issue 3:

Issue 4:

Issue 5:

That's pretty much everything I could think of ATM. Everything besides the general posting rules is completely negotiable.  I see what you did t

If you guys have any more suggestions or anything you think should be changed to the rules/suggestions I've put above, speak now, or forever hold your peace!

Let's get this going soon, and hopefully, we can have a new contest before the end of this month.

Last edited by DVAted on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:45 am; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Life man, just life.)
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:17 am

well, i think the basic rules are all set...i personally have nothing more to add t the moment...however what about the amount of time to make screens between start and end of this event? i mean...it's not unlimited or else there will never be a winner closed eyes smile
What about, also, the description?

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:21 am

The time for when we start the contest would be set once everybody agrees with a set of rules.

As for a description, I really don't know what you mean.

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 am

i mean, when you put a screenshot...you describe what you portray for an objective review, right? Smile

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:25 am

Well, you really don't have to, but if the person posting feels like they have to describe what's going on in the picture, they could do so with just the title, or they could write more if they wanted to.
 Batman bouncing 

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:26 am

ok Wink

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

I'd like to get this contest started before the end of July, but I can't if this topic doesn't get enough attention sadly.

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 pm

I agree with the time rules, but 5 pictures seems like a lot. I prefer three. That way people can't dominate all the categories etc.
Back to top Go down
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:10 pm

I think that makes sense. It would also make voting easier. OK. I'm going to go ahead and make it 3 post max, unless people have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:22 pm

YOSHI'S PRELIMINARY RULE PROPOSAL

The following contest will me formed in this way: There will be two sections: ENB/NON-ENB. Each section will have a list of categories (ex: scenery, character, etc.).

1. Appropriateness: Please deter from posting any images that may include sexual content or waste matter.

2. Timeliness and Legitimacy: Please refrain from posting screenshots that were taken by someone else. Breaking this rule will result in immediate disqualification. To supplement and enforce this rule, the committee also asks that screenshots will be no older than seven days at the start of the contest.

3. Entry limit: Contestants may only include one photo per category and must limit themselves to three categories. However contestants can participate in both sections (ENB/NON-ENB). Thus, a contestant may submit a maximum of six images for the competition.

4. Fairness: To keep the contest fair, please do not ask others to vote for your picture or your submissions. If voting, please be impartial to the authors.

These rules are just a suggestion. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Back to top Go down
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:27 pm

That's very well-written yoshi. +1 to you!

I honestly don't see any problem with this. You've pretty much covered everything regarding submissions. We may have to split the voting for ENB/Non-ENB between two recipiants though, just to deal with the possible confusion.  Tackling run 

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:47 pm

i agree aswell Very Happy
Also, to keep the topic from reaching the limit, only Posts with screenshots from the submitters should be accepted ( so no random posts just for the sake of spamming)
Better clear this, because there's a similar issue with DVAted's Screenshots Topics

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 pm

pizzamonster94 wrote:
i agree aswell Very Happy
Also, to keep the topic from reaching the limit, only Posts with screenshots from the submitters should be accepted ( so no random posts just for the sake of spamming)
Better clear this, because there's a similar issue with DVAted's Screenshots Topics

hah I doubt it will be the case here
the limit is about 1000 replies/topic
~65 pages

the previous contest didn't get further than 5

but comments should be restricted to prevent influencing votes

Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 5:50 pm

ok then...first contest i get into so better ask closed eyes smile

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:46 pm

I agree. We should try to keep the chatter down while submissions are coming in. Only screenshots will be allowed in that topic.

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:12 am

Very well written guys. Now... how do you guys want the prizes work? Will there be prizes? Do you want a similar list of prizes such as from the last photo contest?

Also I am assuming no photoshopped photos as well? I know a lot of people from the nexus photoshop their images.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:19 am

I'm absolutely against photoshop. ENB's already enhance the image of the game. Furthermore you can additional edits on GECK to get poses, etc. Adding image editing transform a screenshot contest into a image editing contest.

Prize Petititon:

A Forum User Group exclusively made for the first place contestants per category. The forums user will be able to proudly wear a custom "July 2014 VGUScreenshot Placer" signature. We'll need volunteers to craft one.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:26 am

So you are saying you can edit or make custom poses by using blender/3ds max etc?

Hmm. The signature could certainly work. However, how would the new rank work? Like would it be a rank with a different color?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Abyssfer

Abyssfer

Character sheet
Name: Lucifer
Faction: Hell
Level:

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:50 am

All is great, i'm also for only 3 pics, but i have one question as well.
You mentioned about the categories, how you want to do? To nominate 3 winners for example: best character screen, best enviroment screen and etc? Or you want to make screens to be voted together? The last choise is bad... Because i am pretty sure, that people will vote mostly for characters, so then there is no need to post more than 1 screen then.
I think that would be better to give people choise by themselves which kind of picture they would like to use... This will be more interesting, because for example Wolverine, who is hunting at night is better than just... Well... Night.
You can make criteries such as one pic have to be outdoor, second - indoor and last one out in space closed eyes smile (joke, just etc, nothing more comes to my mind for now)
I think that's all i want to mention for now o.o

July Screenshot Contest? A977db10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 am

@maybenexttime, Hmm yea I guess we could make a rank with a different color. I'm not sure what the perks would be, except more attention (which is the point). The signatures alone could be an incentive for our gfx artists or even the community. We could turn the signature prize portion into a mini competition (no crazy rules, or voting etc.).

To answer the plethora of questions above... I would recommend the following:

1. Environment/Scenery. Characters or NPCs are a secondary focus. Nature, buildings, inanimate objects are the focus. ex: most ENBs use this type of photography.

2. Characters... Show off armors, effects, poses, emotions, epic scenes involving your personal character and/or npcs(s).

3. Narrative: Provide a picture with a compelling story. This is a bit abstract, but I know what I'm asking for. ex: Dragbody's "refugee" picture.

These are are all suggestions and are certainly open to amendments and discussion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July Screenshot Contest?   July Screenshot Contest? Empty

Back to top Go down

July Screenshot Contest?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next