Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
mandalorian Gear commonwealth ghoul Call body Ryse Mask money upgrades space riot daryl Reforged machine boomers boom Superpele khan wolfenstein marvel hunk NPCs vault dead FCOM
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 4:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 7:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 2:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 2:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 2:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kalitx

kalitx

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Empty
PostSubject: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 1:45 am

So this was a video done by Shoddycast, really interesting take on the Institute. I know we had our own discussion on the Fallout 4 ending and it seemed like most people were in favour of the Institute so I thought sharing a different perspective would be nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxV3DU4KmH8

Let me know what you guys think Smile
Back to top Go down
Rubarbsm

Rubarbsm

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:42 am

The Institute was present in the commonweath to help it recover but because of how ignorant wastlanders are their aides nearly destroyed them, so the Institute buggered off for a while doing their own thing. If you really listen to the other leasers of the other factions minus minutemen, they all want their own terrible version of the commonwealth not something that will be good for the commonwealth, and suprise suprise BoS are just people the say they help but only want everyone's technology to themselves cause everyone else is not to be trusted. The Institute sounds like they legitimately want to help the wasteland while other factions are rolling on a vigilant hate train.

I use to be pro-BoS but after playing this game I am for the Institute. I mean have you seen inside? for one thing it isnt dirty in there.

story of my life
Back to top Go down
kalitx

kalitx

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 5:32 am

My issue with the Institute only recently started to develop the more I thought about it, Dr. Li has been with the Brotherhood before, she experienced the wasteland and after being given an opportunity to work in the Institute she's willing (after being persuaded) to leave that all behind and return to the wasteland. Why? The experiments they ran in Dr. Virgil's lab were pretty messed up, sure the Institute want to help, but you have to realize they are scientists, they don't understand the necessity of ethics and morality (see how they treat their own synths). The Institute want to help the Commonwealth, but their ideology and methods are no better than the brotherhood, just a different shade of grey.
Back to top Go down
Gyrard

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:00 am

The main reason why I don't trust the Institute are their ethics, or rather, their lack of ethics. They kidnap people from the wasteland and replace them with poor copies, and couldn't care less about wastelander casualties in reality. Have you seen University Point? The people there? Because they're dead, exterminated by the Institute because a kid scavenged research data on a reactor. Instead of asking or bartering for the data, the Institute simply sent their synths to mercilessly slaughter them. What does that say about their practices? There's also Kellogg. The mass-murdering, child-kidnapping mercenary known only for his brutality. The Institute employed him, knowing how much of an evil bastard he is. They could've disposed of him at any time, but why throw away a perfectly good weapon, no matter how much blood is on it?

The Brotherhood may bully and extort, but at least they have the common courtesy to ask for cooperation, and wouldn't stoop to kidnapping infants from their mother/father after shooting them in the face.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:12 am

Rubarbsm wrote:
The Institute was present in the commonweath to help it recover but because of how ignorant wastlanders are their aides nearly destroyed them, so the Institute buggered off for a while doing their own thing. If you really listen to the other leasers of the other factions minus minutemen, they all want their own terrible version of the commonwealth not something that will be good for the commonwealth, and suprise suprise BoS are just people the say they help but only want everyone's technology to themselves cause everyone else is not to be trusted.  The Institute sounds like they legitimately want to help the wasteland while other factions are rolling on a vigilant hate train.

I use to be pro-BoS but after playing this game I am for the Institute. I mean have you seen inside? for one thing it isnt dirty in there.
Couldn't agree more, this sums up my thoughts as well. Not to mention that Fallout setting is really illogical and even in our world, people wouldn't really live in crap for 200 years while doing literally nothing to change it or to improve themselves technologically instead of just scraping what's left.
Back to top Go down
Gyrard

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 11:50 am

Rubarbsm wrote:
The Institute was present in the commonweath to help it recover but because of how ignorant wastlanders are their aides nearly destroyed them, so the Institute buggered off for a while doing their own thing. If you really listen to the other leasers of the other factions minus minutemen, they all want their own terrible version of the commonwealth not something that will be good for the commonwealth, and suprise suprise BoS are just people the say they help but only want everyone's technology to themselves cause everyone else is not to be trusted.  The Institute sounds like they legitimately want to help the wasteland while other factions are rolling on a vigilant hate train.

Have you read some of the terminals in the Institute? They've done horrible, terrible things to innocent people. They killed and replaced political figures. They killed and replaced wasteland farmers to test crops. They kill and replace everyday people just to see if they can get away with it. They kidnapped and subjected wastelanders to the FEV virus for ten years. Ten. Years. With no benefit whatsoever from it. They don't even consider wastelanders to be real people. Getting an Enclave vibe yet?

Wanna know the worst thing, though? From the moment you teleported into the institute for the first time, it was all an act. Father told them to put a face on for you. They were grooming you to replace Kellogg. Father doesn't care about you. Father didn't care about the parent that died to protect him from that psychopath. Hell, even letting you out of the cryo chamber in Vault 111 was just an experiment for him. He put the bread crumbs in Diamond City to lead you to Kellogg. He allowed synths to attack you, despite being able to turn them passive towards you at any time.

And when you got into the Institute, he forced you to interact with the fake Synth Shaun, just to see what would happen, knowing full-well how traumatizing it would be for you.

I'd rather have the ugly truth of the Brotherhood of Steel than the mountain of lies the Institute is comprised of.

asiantastic

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:27 pm

i don't typically agree with the Brotherhood, but in this case i agree that synths are an incredible danger to the Fallout world. I mean just imagine a huge amount of soldiers with the ruthlessness that would be hard to come by in a human. Just give them some better weapons and armor, and these things could be a bigger threat than the tunnelers. imagine if that kind of power fell into the hands of a brutal dictator like Caesar.

http://funnyproelites.com/
Ryumera

Ryumera

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:07 pm

I was cool with the Institute for a while, but that all changed after they kept sending synths to replace my settlers. Not cool. Sided with the BOS after that.

Also the Institute is all for advancement and observation, and many of the Scientist think objectively (A little to much, Id say) about matters that should have a little more consideration for others involved. Shaun had it coming. His little experiments ended when Daddy woke up. Ironically, you were a experiment yourself, bitter sweet way to die I suppose. My favorite line in the game was telling Shaun why I sided with the BOS and to take the Institute down.

"I just want to watch it all burn".

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:54 am

Making the Institute do what's good for the Commonwealth shouldn't even be a concern for the Main Character. They killed MC's spouse & kidnapped MC's infant son. Just when having to survive a nuclear holocaust & then almost immediately frozen right after wasn't hard & traumatic enough.. They just had to go & do that crap. To make matters worse, the institute are eventually known to be even more sinister as they do such crimes wholesale. Even adding more to it is the fact that once MC finally met up with Father.. Father did a lame job in trying to patch things up with MC. Father hardly had any kind of real kinship concern. Father was actually more elated to show off his robot clone self rather than seeing MC... "Well then son.. there would be no redemption for you or the institute." MC was a soldier & soldiers are crazy serious about not taking all that kind of crap lightly. MC would be like rage fury incarnate. He be like war. & war never changes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
Juzkin590

Juzkin590

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 4:27 am

Institute are jerks, yep.

-They are immediately hostile toward players/settlers/just about anyone.
-Synths replacing people in the Wasteland
Art random encounter:

-I've come across another encounter w/ a small encampment with a couple dead settlers and synths that shoot on sight.

PostSubject: Re: SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?   SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth? Empty

Back to top Go down

SPOILER: Is the Institute Good for the Commonwealth?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1