Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk body mandalorian commonwealth daryl dead space upgrades FCOM Gear NPCs boom ghoul Call Ryse Reforged khan Superpele machine boomers vault riot wolfenstein Mask money marvel
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:46 am

@mpaz96 that comment "It's pretty much a yes, yes by question, yes by joke, and no but it actually means yes" gave me a good laugh. I thought that was hilarious. I need to give kudos to whoever who said that.

For the 40 hours part, I beat the MQ and all of the side quests and discovered most of the locations. I didn't invest a lot of time in settlement building (although I did build on tower, tried to reach the sky but it wouldn't let me). A lot of hours after the the 40 part was recording and producing videos and what not and doing those radiant quests which as you mentioned was boring.

@onowrouzi Yeah I totally agree. Thank goodness that paid modding was removed. Without thinking about the business part of the game, people create amazing new content that is fresh and unbound to the rules of money. Long live modding.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
kalitx

kalitx

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:12 am

FoVet20 wrote:
but as a fallout game something feels as if it is lacking but i can't really place what that something is.

I think I've seen this opinion multiple times when people critique fallout 4. Honestly I don't think it's missing anything, but they added so many different features to it that it doesn't have that original fallout feel to it any more. Like graphical enhancements aside, we have a voiced character, build able areas, a ton of radiant quests, more in-depth crafting and a whole different system with levelling. We aren't used to this, back in fallout 3 and FNV sure I'd scavenge a bunch of of places, but would only loot weapons and armour would good weight/cap ratio and of course the feel vital supplies in crafting. Now it's like everything serves a purpose, which is great, but it's different. Top this off with a voiced character which sure adds some sense of immersion to the dialogue, but it takes away such a huge aspect of power of feeling/being the Courier or the resident of vault 101. The levelling system feels great with so many choices at any given time, but not having that large perk list we saw which would slowly dwindle down as we levelled and picked more up just takes the feeling of achievement away. Finally the epilogue, it's so weak in Fallout 4, What I loved in FNV was seeing how our decision impacted all the societies during/after the Battle at Hoover Dam and we just didn't get that here. Adding in all these cool features was great, some are essential additions, but some also took away a huge portion of what a lot of people knew and loved in the predecessor Fallout games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:51 am

@maybenexttime - yeah that was pretty much the exact response I expected... I disagree with you, so clearly I must be picking at words or missed 'the big picture'. No, I think not. If anything, you seem to be the one who took my post personally.

Fallout 4 is a great example of a larger trend I've noticed in recent years - people that expect things to be exactly the way they want them to be. And when those things aren't, there's always this list of reasons. These people can't simply say 'I don't like the game' or 'I don't agree with the changes' - nope, if they don't like Fallout 4, its because Bethesda sold out/sucks/made the game for the "ADHD COD generation" (an argument I've actually seen, btw) instead of real Fallout fans. In the process, implying that people who like the game aren't 'real' fans.

That the arrogance of such things seems to be lost on the people who say them, staggers me.

Is Fallout 4 perfect? No, of course not (but then, what game is) and I have more than my share of complaints with it. Some companions feel underdeveloped, dialog is often repetitive ("Your thoughts?") despite the game having over 113,000 lines of it, and the 4-response limit annoys me. I'm also sick of hearing about the gunners, and I think the settlement feature is pretty terrible on anything besides perfectly flat ground. Don't get me started on the dismemberment system, which feels like an under-cooked prototype of Fallout 3's - its inferior in almost every regard. And FYI, I actually agree with several of the complaints you have.

And at no point did I say you were wrong in how you feel about the game, you're entitled to love FO4 or hate every pixel of it, just as I enjoy the game despite my complaints. Hell, I know a couple that consider it the best in the series. The horror, right?

While I appreciate that in-depth research you did on Steam, those reviews don't mean anything outside of individual opinion and represent nothing more than that. There are some places in the world I could go, put 100 people in a room and 80 of them might be HIV-positive. Does that mean 80% of the people in that country have HIV? No, it doesn't.

So if you think I'm attacking your right to your opinion or deliberately 'picking' at your words... I'm not the one missing the picture here. Do you think I should say that twice like you did?

Either way, I'm done with this discussion/topic. But don't let that stop you from replying and telling me how I'm way off-base and missing something, or picking at words/etc.

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 am

@tesvixen I'm reading what you wrote. You said a point in my post earlier annoys you. Hence why I took the liberty to explain and went into detail explaining why people use the reason "Fallout 4 isn't a Fallout game" excuse. I'm not reading too much into it right, because that is what you wrote. To me that sounded something personal on your side which is why you get annoyed. Hence why I said you're picking at some of the words I said and I explained why to which you may/may not agree with.

The Steam Review was added to say I'm one of the few people who dislike FO4 and I'm not the only one is or not crazy.

DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 9:26 am

I also find it utter falsity that FO4 isn't for "true" fallout fans but it's not something I'd take personally, as I consider myself a FO4 fan and a Fallout fan concurrently. In my view, Tes hasn't taken or dished any personal attack on the matter, and MNT regards that he hasn't either. So the issue of personal counters is over. Now let's find the common ground:
the game has shortcomings (I mostly decry the lack of hunger/thirst/sleep)
the game has impressively strong points (too many to list).
we're all looking forward to the DLC expansions and mods

cheers

I spent about 23 hours this weekend setting up supply lines and fortifying the settlements I've come across. Last week I helped the Railroad a lot and the week before that I was helping out the BoS. I can't wait to play some more Dancey I'm sure I'll invest over 500 hours in this game, not regarding mod content. And for that cumulus of facts (its features, its appeal, its sustainability even for a single person), it's a fantastic video-game. The years between FO3 and FO4's release have not been wasted or squandered.

Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 12:01 pm

I hope the DLC gives content after the ending. Esp like Broken Steel. I'm curious at what happens to the Commonwealth post ending.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:45 pm

In the past I played through both fallout 3 and NV a total of 2 times each, before getting burned out on them after the 2nd go.  Once as a male, 2nd time as a female and both times were unmodded, also on the console.  Though I'm playing fallout 4 on the pc, I have no doubt that I'll be burned out on it after the 2nd go through just like I did with previous titles, but for now I'm currently enjoying the hell out of the game, and even when I do get burned out meh big woop.  I still got skyrim to play, never did beat that game on PC (did on console, twice in fact).

So once I finish Fallout 4 I'ma do a final modded up play through on Skyrim where I do my best to do everything there is to do, just like I did with my final modded up New Vegas playthrough. Figure by the time I finish said final playthrough there will be some neat dlc to play along with some interesting mods.  See it took me a few months to do that NV one, so I figure it'll take about the same amount of time for Skyrim, so plenty of time for good things to pop up in terms of mods and such and plenty of time for the 'burn out' feeling I'll have to pass.  Anyway, is it weird that I have this planned out?

Oh I'd also be willing to bet that the there will indeed be dlc that continues the main game past the ending just like Broken Steel did in FO3. I mean I don't know about you guys, but something felt off to me about the original endings, like even though it was over it wasn't really over. Like something else was coming, know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:25 pm

I have to agree with DVAted. I know I have complained quite some about the game. It has certainly has it's shortcomings in some areas. But I feel and has made good progress in others. I am more so bored because it seems there aren't many interesting places to find. Mostly because i've been burnt out on the rather bland and basic buildings so far. Dunwhich Borers was cool though, that was a real treat for people familiar with Dunwhich.

I'm still playing, but I'm finding myself spending more time looking at and for mods then actually playing the game.

Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:29 pm

I wouldn't say i'm burning out, but i do wish there were more side quests to do. I don't feel as though there was enough whacky or goofy things to see as of yet. there certainly are some good examples, but i hope they do more with the dlc.

That being said, i think i'm going to completely eliminate fast traveling in order to see the smaller aspects of the game and not focus so much on travel points and primary locations. Time to start searching for the rest of the magazines and secondary locations!

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:27 am

I'm starting to slow down a bit. I would love to keep playing but the leveling up system is really, really...dumb. I hate how you have to be a certain level to get a perk:/. I understand that the whole point of doing this is that you don't automatically become OP at the start but waiting to be level 40+ to have the perks you want just feels really grind-y.

That and I've recently purchased MGSV: TPP. It's cutting into my study time for finals :p

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:10 am

MrObamatron wrote:
I'm starting to slow down a bit. I would love to keep playing but the leveling up system is really, really...dumb. I hate how you have to be a certain level to get a perk:/. I understand that the whole point of doing this is that you don't automatically become OP at the start but waiting to be level 40+ to have the perks you want just feels really grind-y.

That and I've recently purchased MGSV: TPP. It's cutting into my study time for finals :p

About the studying for finals, yeah this game had impacted me in the same way haha. It's just too good!

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Yeah I played the game 4 days straight, then after that It kind of fizzled out, I think i'm too used to playing with lots of mods

Back to top Go down
Cnote1024

Cnote1024

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Once i beat the game the second and did the radiant quests i started to feel bored with the game
but like Aussieshepard said mods will revive the game for people

Lillandoniril

Lillandoniril

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:29 am

It just doesn't have the same feel as the games set in the west which i liked a lot more

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:14 am

Done a single playthrough but was able to see 4 endings (is it just at my end or are all the end game movies the same for all endings?) I'm now just basically exploring every nook & cranny while doing any encountered variant quests along the way to get a good save in prep for GECK'ed mods. Game's still fun but I am a bit burned out. Still playing a bit of Skyrim & FNV in between though & planning to play MGS TPP & Witcher 3 after year's end. Gave up on Mad Max.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
Roy Batty

Roy Batty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Completed playthrough, replay value = 0 for me. Good game, bad Fallout game. I have little to no interest in playing it all further... I may not even buy the DLC... Fallout is cursed, and Fallout 4 is Tactics all over again.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 8:17 pm

@Roy Batty I expect great things from your team... Tales of three wastelands TongueTril

BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:23 pm

Yeah,im starting to get bored with it because I have nothing to do except sleep with Paladin Danse and so some other stuff but still game aint that boring for me,I so cant wait to get em!Also cant wait for the mods and all the meshes I could get my hands on so I could start doing some custom armors for myself.
Back to top Go down
gabet347

gabet347

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:31 pm

I was honestly starting to. And felt pretty disappointed when comparing the experience with 4 to those I had with New vegas, and even 3, in terms of immersion and overall interest in the world and story. I enjoy fallout 4, but I started to prioritize the modding rather than the game as it is and enjoying that. I think the main thing that was/ and still kinda is, keeping me from enjoying it to its full potential are the performance issues. Now that most of those issues are fixed with the patch (that awful stuttering), I can enjoy the game a lot more and have actually been getting back into the story a lot more. The game is great overall, but I'm more excited about its future with modding.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4   Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone starting to burn out on fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next