Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

PostSubject: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:52 am

Hello GUNetwork, I need some help my GECK keeps crashing when i load or try to create a new weapon, I have re-installed it before and same results. i don't use enb's so there are no d3d9.dll files in there.

Edit: Fixed the issue by deleting the data folder and re-verifying the cache. If you want to mod then this is one of the only solutions that I know. It will re-vanilliafy your game but if you want to keep anything back it up. if its a mod like FCO then just re-install it.

If someone could go deeper into the data folder and tell me what caused this bug? It could be a weapon mesh, I read on a nexus fourm trying my best to find an article that would've helped me. Nothing there helped so I just deleted my data folder. I hope this helped someone.

Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM

Last edited by SuperDemonBoy15 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the issue.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
broccolimonster

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:01 am

try to uncheck some of your plugins before you run GECK but b sure those you want to edit/or set as masters is loaded. For some reason GECK can't handle a lot of plugins. Goodluck! Banana Dance

Edit: If you're using MO or the new NMM you might want to use profiles. I just make copy of my current profile then disable all plugins then enable those plugins that I need.

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:07 am

@broccolimonster wrote:
try to uncheck some of your plugins before you run GECK but b sure those you want to edit/or set as masters is loaded. For some reason GECK can't handle a lot of plugins. Goodluck! Banana Dance

Edit: If you're using MO or the new NMM you might want to use profiles. I just make copy of my current profile then disable all plugins then enable those plugins that I need.
That did not work sadly...Still ctd

Thanks though, may be handy for in the future

Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 pm

I know this is an old post, but I think I finally figured out the problem. Do you use Fallout Character Overhaul(FCO)? If so, uninstall it. At least until you are finished with the GECK then reinstall. I had the same problem and someone recommended this solution. I tried it and it worked. Hopefully it works for you too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vSelfMade

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 am

@TheThompsonBoss wrote:
I know this is an old post, but I think I finally figured out the problem. Do you use Fallout Character Overhaul(FCO)? If so, uninstall it. At least until you are finished with the GECK then reinstall. I had the same problem and someone recommended this solution. I tried it and it worked. Hopefully it works for you too. Smile
you sir saved my life. Plus rep for that super helpful tip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   

Back to top Go down

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1