Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarInterviewsFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
Stay Connected

_
May 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet
Name: Crowder
Faction: FOJ
Level: 7812

PostSubject: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Hello GUNetwork, I need some help my GECK keeps crashing when i load or try to create a new weapon, I have re-installed it before and same results. i don't use enb's so there are no d3d9.dll files in there.

Edit: Fixed the issue by deleting the data folder and re-verifying the cache. If you want to mod then this is one of the only solutions that I know. It will re-vanilliafy your game but if you want to keep anything back it up. if its a mod like FCO then just re-install it.

If someone could go deeper into the data folder and tell me what caused this bug? It could be a weapon mesh, I read on a nexus fourm trying my best to find an article that would've helped me. Nothing there helped so I just deleted my data folder. I hope this helped someone.

Try out my other Realism overhaul for New Vegas!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM

Last edited by SuperDemonBoy15 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the issue.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
broccolimonster

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:01 pm

try to uncheck some of your plugins before you run GECK but b sure those you want to edit/or set as masters is loaded. For some reason GECK can't handle a lot of plugins. Goodluck! Banana Dance

Edit: If you're using MO or the new NMM you might want to use profiles. I just make copy of my current profile then disable all plugins then enable those plugins that I need.

SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:07 am

@broccolimonster wrote:
try to uncheck some of your plugins before you run GECK but b sure those you want to edit/or set as masters is loaded. For some reason GECK can't handle a lot of plugins. Goodluck! Banana Dance

Edit: If you're using MO or the new NMM you might want to use profiles. I just make copy of my current profile then disable all plugins then enable those plugins that I need.
That did not work sadly...Still ctd

Thanks though, may be handy for in the future

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Mon May 08, 2017 6:53 pm

I know this is an old post, but I think I finally figured out the problem. Do you use Fallout Character Overhaul(FCO)? If so, uninstall it. At least until you are finished with the GECK then reinstall. I had the same problem and someone recommended this solution. I tried it and it worked. Hopefully it works for you too. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vSelfMade

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:32 am

@TheThompsonBoss wrote:
I know this is an old post, but I think I finally figured out the problem. Do you use Fallout Character Overhaul(FCO)? If so, uninstall it. At least until you are finished with the GECK then reinstall. I had the same problem and someone recommended this solution. I tried it and it worked. Hopefully it works for you too. Smile
you sir saved my life. Plus rep for that super helpful tip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuperDemonBoy15

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:52 am

@TheThompsonBoss thanks for this, this really helps ALOT. I wonder whats causing FCO to mess up the weapons. +1 rep!

FNV-PROJECT REALISM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 am

What does one need to do to uninstall it effectively? Just remove the plugins or all the associated files as well? I keep crashing when I try to edit a weapon to check the texture path, it's missing its texture in game. I crash even when I just load vanilla plus dlc and try to edit a weapon.

Banner from Star's Workshop
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkstyler

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 am

@Evmeister
If the problem comes with every model, that's may have nothing to do with the models, rather than archives. In that case have you a valid save of your dlcs, to overwrite the one you have in the data folder that may be corrupted or something ? Do it with every archive suspected to be a part of the problem.

If the problems comes only with one model, this sound you have a problem with the model itself, or/and it's dependancies, (script, projectile, etc...) not sure the Geck would crash because of a texture. To be sure, you may try first :
- To replace the loose file in question by a vanilla model.
- If it keep crashing, load your plugin in xedit and check if the model has a projectile, if not attribute one that you are sure the model is vanilla.
- Remove script from the weapon and test.
- If the problem comes from the model, you may try the mesh healer from Anton here --> I've made a little tutorial on the forum post here.
- If the problem comes from the model and once in game the game crashes when you try to equip the weapon, check it with nifscope, (if you're familliar with it) to be sure the strings indexes are named correctly. A single bad name already used by a nitristrip /shape and bam, it crashes the game or the Geck.

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 am

@Evmeister wrote:
What does one need to do to uninstall it effectively? Just remove the plugins or all the associated files as well? I keep crashing when I try to edit a weapon to check the texture path, it's missing its texture in game. I crash even when I just load vanilla plus dlc and try to edit a weapon.

I'm not sure about what Mod manager you're using, but with NMM, it could be as simple as just rightclick the mod in the MODS tab->Uninstall or delete->remove from active profile or delete entirely.

if you're going the manual method, just locate the files from the .rar or .7z file you downloaded, inside of your data folder. i would beware deleting folders unles you know exactly what you're doing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]   

Back to top Go down

FNV GECK Crashes when I try to load weapons [ FIXED ]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Troubleshooting :: Troubleshooting Archives-