Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Fallout 4 thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Or it could be a bug or an oversight... they are managing hundreds of thousands of files and millions of lines of code, after all.

I'm not sure why people always flock to 'lazy developers' when there's something they dislike about a game.  There's nothing 'lazy' about game development on the scale that they work in.  

For example the player character... each gender has over 13,000 lines of spoken dialogue, which more than Shepard has in all 3 Mass Effect games combined.  Whatever Bethesda's problems are... I don't suspect laziness is one of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
raze4573

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 pm

First day of NOT playing Fallout all the time, found some time to visit the forums.
I love this game, hate some of the changes to some features but generally I'm astonished Bethesda gave us something so great.
The story is amazing, never before in a Beth game did I rush into the main quest because it was just so emotionally intense, least for me.
The only thing that will always make me go frowny face is the "supposedly" expanded music selection while its mostly repeated songs from Fallout 3.
And I am disappointed Bethesda didnt think about using the song We'll meet again somewhere during the story.

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:50 pm

@Tesvixen, OK I take it back.. It's not laziness but probably more of actual choices made since they used the Skyrim engine, which already had those dynamics to begin with, but eventually not included. To add, the settlement missions are good but needs a bit of control. I'm at a part right now were rescue ops are ridiculously spammed. I hope there's a fix for this sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Now that I agree with fully... I've had to rescue like 6+ Sanctuary settlers in the past 2 days.  I'm starting to wonder why my 30 laser turrets aren't doing their jobs...
Back to top Go down
aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Haha! Exactly! Have quite the same deal too. I even had a settler that was kidnapped so I had to rescue her.. & the spot that was assigned where I had to get her was just cleared very recently. So when I went there.. she was just standing there, all by her lonesome, surrounded by the corpses that were slaughtered. Just walked in then walked out with no resistance. It's quite silly. Really hope there's a fix.

Now even if this aspect of the settlement missions is silly.. the aspect were cleared dungeons, settlement arrangements.. basically rearranged clutter left in the wake of your tampering is the greatest praise I have so far, in terms of the game engine. With so many "no loading doors" structures & buildings, I find it very impressive to have such stability. Haven't experienced any drastic stutters/fps drops or crashes yet. I also find it impressive that loose clutter, like food placed on a plate, remains where they are placed even after adventuring for some time.

Question: I'm looking for a home that actually have "loading doors" or have their own cell. Would appreciate suggestions, if there are such player homes. Kinda tired of NPCs stealing/using my power armors during raids.
Back to top Go down
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:20 pm

You do get a (small) player home option upon completing
Click for Spoiler:

But its only like, a room.

The best way to prevent NPCs from hijacking power armor is to remove the cores from them when not in use.
Back to top Go down
Voivre

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
You do get a (small) player home option upon completing
Click for Spoiler:

But its only like, a room.  

The best way to prevent NPCs from hijacking power armor is to remove the cores from them when not in use.

You can buy Home Plate in Diamond City for I think 2,000 caps and you can decorate it like a settlement with the workshop

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Alright! Thanks for the tips, they're very much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 pm

aerystmd wrote:
Haha! Exactly! Have quite the same deal too. I even had a settler that was kidnapped so I had to rescue her.. & the spot that was assigned where I had to get her was just cleared very recently. So when I went there.. she was just standing there, all by her lonesome, surrounded by the corpses that were slaughtered. Just walked in then walked out with no resistance. It's quite silly. Really hope there's a fix.

Now even if this aspect of the settlement missions is silly.. the aspect were cleared dungeons, settlement arrangements.. basically rearranged clutter left in the wake of your tampering is the greatest praise I have so far, in terms of the game engine. With so many "no loading doors" structures & buildings, I find it very impressive to have such stability. Haven't experienced any drastic stutters/fps drops or crashes yet. I also find it impressive that loose clutter, like food placed on a plate, remains where they are placed even after adventuring for some time.

Question: I'm looking for a home that actually have "loading doors" or have their own cell. Would appreciate suggestions, if there are such player homes. Kinda tired of NPCs stealing/using my power armors during raids.

If you've done the Last Voyage of USS Constitution, Ironsides gives you the captain quarter on the ship (it's IN the ship so of course you'll loading screen).

Character sheet
Name: Hu-mungus
Faction: NCR
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:56 pm

I had fun with the main quest, sidequests, characters, weapons and everything else....still am. Hunted down all Bobbleheads (Magazine's and all power armor locations are next on my list). The companions are amazing too with pretty cool backstory's and small quests to help them. So far i still gotta explore some buildings, places i forgot and do stuff with settlements but so far its been pretty good. 9.5/10 from me.....Now we wait for the DLC's.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 thoughts   

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2