Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD
________________



Contests Ended!
Good Luck!

________________
*Profile Image Guidelines*
SovrnAds
March 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
CalendarCalendar
Share | 
 

 Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Havoc

avatar

Posts : 664
Join date : 2014-02-24
Age : 22
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 19:53

seeing these comments makes me wonder what most people think about the game. I for one still love it, i play every day. Some of you don`t like the new dialogue wheel, i for one, like it. I also love that the character has his/her own voice now, it makes the game feel more alive in my opinion. In the previous games the protagonist has been this empty silent shell, which i just don`t like.

Some of you might have gotten FO3 and NV with all DLC`s already included like i got. So when i got FO4 my first thought was to compare it to DLC filled FO3 and NV, then i remembered that the base games were not the fantastic pieces i thought they were. I enjoyed the previous games because of the extra DLC`s and mods which completely changed the games for me.
With FO4 though i have now enjoyed over 100 hours (oh god.....) of playing time. And this is the vanilla FO4, no extra dlc, no modern armors or weapons, no major overhauls.

Now i think FO4 is an excellent game and i enjoy every moment i spend with it.

_________________
If you have some questions regarding one of my screens fell free to send me a message Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-20
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 3 Dec 2015 - 20:14

I feel the older games protagonists are less an empty shell and more of someone who you actually have a choice of how they act. In FO4, your character's thoughts are limited to Yes, Yes With Snark, Yes if you pay me more, No (but you really end up saying yes), and a question. The protagonist being voiced just means it's going to feel weird with mods that add new dialogue for the player. Yes, I'm being a downer about everything, but that's just how I am.

And if I'm completely honest, good for you if like the game, but that is not the purpose of this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
happysheep

avatar

Posts : 87
Join date : 2014-12-19
Age : 21
Location : UK - Wales

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 1:06

The dialogue was the only bother for me. Mainly the way your charatcer traits and perks have no impact on dialogue options (Except Charisma). My first playthrough was as a nerd, so 10 intelligence, nuclear physicist perk etc. So when I get to the Institute I was expecting some dialogue options where I could demonstrate my character's traits........ but nah. Little things like that really make the RP aspect imo.

Other than that, I think the amount choice in the main quest is awesome, as is the fact that there is no clear right or wrong side. The combat is immensely fun, with improved mechanics and AI (3rd person is a bit shite, but easily fixed). And the amount of detail in every nook and cranny is incredible.

Given that this is just the vanilla game I can't wait to see what DLC and Mods add to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Furente7

avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2014-12-07
Age : 27
Location : Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Fri 4 Dec 2015 - 2:49

Played 120 hours in a week from launch, game got stale quickly and got bored of it, went back to Fallout NV/TTW and immediately enjoyed it more. FO4 is a great game, it just doesn't feel as great to me as NV did when I first played that game.

I'm gonna wait until DLC/Geck comes out to (hopefully) revitalize the game for me.

_________________
Feet first into hell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crossfayt

avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2014-11-03
Location : U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 0:18

I have been enjoying it a lot! I just wish it had, I dunno how to explain it, but some more of the communities and random stuff like 3 had that Dave city or GAAARRRYYY vault and stuff. It feels like a lot of the settlements are just there and like. Slap some melons and carrots and a few turrets down and it is good to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank-Girl

avatar

Posts : 755
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 25
Location : Location

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 1:09

I find it funny how picky and naggy gamers have become, I dont like this I hate that this is bad that is bad graphics graphics wha wha wha. Back when I was younger the only thing we had was NES/N64/PS we thought that was top tear haha. I find fallout 4 an outstanding game it has many things I enjoy and not to many things I don't. In fact the two things I dislike is the stupid A button to move objects and it's similarities to skyrim, yet it is in fact what I wanted in a fallout. I feel people complain about the voice because it is harder to work around and I also feel the wheel forces people to think harder since it doesn't have a blunt description of what is said, However with her/him voiced I actually feel like she/he is a person and I actually can develop a connection to. The story is good. The game is plenty hard if you make it so and base as it is I feel will become better than 3 and fnv

_________________

Welcome all! Here is how to GUN! How to Behave, Fit in, Chatbox, Link Mods,
and F.A.Q Now play nice and enjoy the mods! My mods// Boba Fett //Naboo Palace
//Duke Nukem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xuanviet122

avatar

Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-07-10
Age : 22
Location : Internet (ba dum tss)

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 2:56

it's very addictive, like i'm gonna play for only 1 hour then boom, 5 hours passed Skeptic . but i fell like FO4 is not an "Fallout game", it's goes too heavily on the shooter side with very little RPG elements, which make me want to go back to play FO:NV again, but then again those no gravity-moon walking-jogging affraid , graphics and those nightmares we called "guns play" make NV really hard to enjoy after i played FO4. i still enjoy FO4 so far, maybe because i've always like shooter game ?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
jackspacko

avatar

Posts : 105
Join date : 2015-07-25
Age : 19
Location : Vault 111

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 8:55

me444 wrote:
I find it funny how picky and naggy gamers have become, I dont like this I hate that this is bad that is bad graphics graphics wha wha wha. Back when I was younger the only thing we had was NES/N64/PS we thought that was top tear haha. I find fallout 4 an outstanding game it has many things I enjoy and not to many things I don't. In fact the two things I dislike is the stupid A button to move objects and it's similarities to skyrim, yet it is in fact what I wanted in a fallout. I feel people complain about the voice because it is harder to work around and I also feel the wheel forces people to think harder since it doesn't have a blunt description of what is said, However with her/him voiced I actually feel like she/he is a person and I actually can develop a connection to. The story is good. The game is plenty hard if you make it so and base as it is I feel will become better than 3 and fnv

The idea with Fallout though, is that you're not meant to feel a connection towards your character. You are meant to BE that character, and the voice limits that very much. It's hard to develop your character how you want to. You're either a concerned mother or father in most circumstance with an added touch of sass if you so choose. I just wish they'd put less time into the voice acting and devoted it to something older fans would appreciate more.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-20
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 20:20

me444 wrote:
I find it funny how picky and naggy gamers have become, I dont like this I hate that this is bad that is bad graphics graphics wha wha wha. Back when I was younger the only thing we had was NES/N64/PS we thought that was top tear haha. I find fallout 4 an outstanding game it has many things I enjoy and not to many things I don't. In fact the two things I dislike is the stupid A button to move objects and it's similarities to skyrim, yet it is in fact what I wanted in a fallout. I feel people complain about the voice because it is harder to work around and I also feel the wheel forces people to think harder since it doesn't have a blunt description of what is said, However with her/him voiced I actually feel like she/he is a person and I actually can develop a connection to. The story is good. The game is plenty hard if you make it so and base as it is I feel will become better than 3 and fnv

I'm sorry, but all I got from this was "You're wrong for not liking the game. It's good and that's that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
Havoc

avatar

Posts : 664
Join date : 2014-02-24
Age : 22
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 20:29

@Julum wrote:
me444 wrote:
I find it funny how picky and naggy gamers have become, I dont like this I hate that this is bad that is bad graphics graphics wha wha wha. Back when I was younger the only thing we had was NES/N64/PS we thought that was top tear haha. I find fallout 4 an outstanding game it has many things I enjoy and not to many things I don't. In fact the two things I dislike is the stupid A button to move objects and it's similarities to skyrim, yet it is in fact what I wanted in a fallout. I feel people complain about the voice because it is harder to work around and I also feel the wheel forces people to think harder since it doesn't have a blunt description of what is said, However with her/him voiced I actually feel like she/he is a person and I actually can develop a connection to. The story is good. The game is plenty hard if you make it so and base as it is I feel will become better than 3 and fnv

I'm sorry, but all I got from this was "You're wrong for not liking the game. It's good and that's that."

Just don't go there, she voiced her opinion which you are free do disagree to, but it should be in a constructive manner. I for one agree, i enjoy the game, i like that the protagonist actually feels alive with his/her own voice. Its down to personal preference. Now i also agree that gamers have become quite negative and "naggy" these last few years. Bethesda has delivered and excellent game in a time were we get many lackluster games such as battlefront and destiny.

_________________
If you have some questions regarding one of my screens fell free to send me a message Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-20
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 20:53

She literally said "I dont like this I hate that this is bad that is bad graphics graphics wha wha wha". And how funny I am for being "picky and naggy". I am by no means degrading anyone who enjoys the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
Tank-Girl

avatar

Posts : 755
Join date : 2014-07-08
Age : 25
Location : Location

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 20:56

Lool my favorate part was lack of content haha did you play vanilla fnv when it first came out no you have not haha Very Happy also lets  put the fact that fo3 has what 10 guns in the entire game my my lets not but heads here. 

 FNV/ The story is lame and ether way you go your a tool mail man helping out some selfish leader accomplish their goals. If you go yes man you quit and leave for some reason. the game abruptly ends. The map as a whole was empty with little enemies and random encounters. I hated the whole cowboy western theme meets casino. In fnv they lost sight of what made fallout the game it was you know RADs super mutants power armor bos/ecv robots. Nope super mutants are in two spots only, the bos is crammed in a bunker and the ecv is a side quest of old people. The only thing that was outstanding was its survival system that's it.

FO3/ The story was actually unfinished. Not only was it linear we as the player had little to no choice as to what we do we followed a set path granted we do the same in fo4 but there we can make few choices at least. The map was well designed and had many things to do with nice locations, however the AI was broken and the scripting was a little wonky. The entire game has like 15 weapons I dont know the real number. And the game was very buggy very 

I do enjoy the both of those games but base as they were lacked and can't even compare to fo4. Take away their DLC's mods and patches and play all three then tell me what is what.

ALSO the wha wha wha was a joke silly Very Happy cheers  cheers

I do apologize if I hurt feels I dont intend to I am simply voicing my opinion and am slightly tired of people giving the game so much crap. Not that I am implying you are were I am from people are hating on the game and I have no idea why.

_________________

Welcome all! Here is how to GUN! How to Behave, Fit in, Chatbox, Link Mods,
and F.A.Q Now play nice and enjoy the mods! My mods// Boba Fett //Naboo Palace
//Duke Nukem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-20
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 21:03

I remember my experiences with unmodded/lightly modded FO3/NV quite well, and I still like those games more. I also never played any of their DLC. (The only DLC from a Bethesda game I actually bothered with was Skyrim's DLC, and even then I haven't all of it. I've completed Dawnguard and built a Hearthfire house, but I haven't done anything past the start of Dragonborn.)

For FO3, I will agree with you that it's story was lackluster, but I feel that story isn't Bethesda's strong suit anyway.

I disagree about FNV's story. And for the gameplay and world, I also still like them more. FNV moreso than FO3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
aerystmd

avatar

Posts : 440
Join date : 2015-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Thu 10 Dec 2015 - 23:20

Even with all the complaints, FO4 is a still a fun game. & even with Bethesda's shortcomings, thankful that there are modders who makes fixes & improvements. FO4 will arguably get more love once the GECK'ed mods do come out.

Anyway, speaking of mods.. @me444 - any forthcoming update with Under Two Suns? Still would like some of that New Vegas stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
DirtyPockets

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Chicago, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 16:46

One gripe I have is the character progression just stops after you reach the maximum approval. My experience with Cait made me forget that she was just a companion in a videogame. Having her open up about her troubled past after she realized she could trust me felt genuine since you actually had to earn that trust. The only other gripe I can think of pertaining to companions is that romancing doesn't really do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danbrother

avatar

Posts : 312
Join date : 2015-03-10
Age : 32
Location : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Sat 12 Dec 2015 - 11:54

VeteranAlpha96 wrote:
me444 wrote:
Lool my favorate part was lack of content haha did you play vanilla fnv when it first came out no you have not haha Very Happy also lets  put the fact that fo3 has what 10 guns in the entire game my my lets not but heads here. 

 FNV/ The story is lame and ether way you go your a tool mail man helping out some selfish leader accomplish their goals. If you go yes man you quit and leave for some reason. the game abruptly ends. The map as a whole was empty with little enemies and random encounters. I hated the whole cowboy western theme meets casino. In fnv they lost sight of what made fallout the game it was you know RADs super mutants power armor bos/ecv robots. Nope super mutants are in two spots only, the bos is crammed in a bunker and the ecv is a side quest of old people. The only thing that was outstanding was its survival system that's it.

FO3/ The story was actually unfinished. Not only was it linear we as the player had little to no choice as to what we do we followed a set path granted we do the same in fo4 but there we can make few choices at least. The map was well designed and had many things to do with nice locations, however the AI was broken and the scripting was a little wonky. The entire game has like 15 weapons I dont know the real number. And the game was very buggy very 

I do enjoy the both of those games but base as they were lacked and can't even compare to fo4. Take away their DLC's mods and patches and play all three then tell me what is what.

ALSO the wha wha wha was a joke silly Very Happy cheers  cheers

I do apologize if I hurt feels I dont intend to I am simply voicing my opinion and am slightly tired of people giving the game so much crap. Not that I am implying you are were I am from people are hating on the game and I have no idea why.

Beware that i didn't always own a PC, before i would play Fallout 3 and New Vegas on my Xbox 360 and i had no idea that there were mods before, the game was fantastic and amazing fun unlike Fallout 4 which got me bored after a week, Fallout New Vegas got me playing hours upon hours, each time i would come back from School, i would play it until it was 22:00 and i had to go to sleep, it was an addiction, with Fallout 4 i didn't feel the same thing, it was lacking sooooo many RPG elements that i could just call it a shooter game ands not a Fallout game anymore.

And what about the Fallout 4 story? It isn't any better, it is in general worst, in 7 years of Development they couldn't at least give each faction an Unique ending sequence? 3 of them share the EXACT same cutscene.... New Vegas had an 18 month dev time and it had 6 main endings with hundreds of ending permutations.... This is just lazy. It doesn't matter if you build a drug empire or you kill anyone you wish to, it wont show up in the ending, in Fallout New Vegas it would show up, and do i need to mention no player freedom? Yes that is right you need to play the way they want you to play, screw that i say, im going back to Fallout New Vegas.

Absolutely agree with you on the part of the story. F4 just doesn't tell us a good story, RPG is out and scenarists are lazy or just lost their inspiration.
But I can't tell the same about designers, artists and all those people who have made this atmosphere and mechanics. They're great, especially comparing with F-NV. Though I really miss some stuff like Ranger coat, AK-like assault rifles, visible weapon handling e.t.c., but I can't tell that the atmosphere of F4 is not catchy. It is. In fact it's a reason why I don't return to F-NV.
F4 is not a bad game, it's just not exactly RPG. I hope the modders will make it better - trey're doing it right now even though the GECK hasn't come out yet. You guys rock!!! ;-))

BTW, does anybody know anything about GECK release date? :-)

_________________
There will allways be an Unknown Soldier to save the world and fade away
DoomPlayer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pharah

avatar

Posts : 3372
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 22

Character sheet
Name: Aya A7-01
Faction: s a d b o i s
Level: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Mon 14 Dec 2015 - 8:56

Guy named Noah_Burns should know that if he downvotes me for liking a game, he should at least make an argument about it without looking like someone who just went nuts over his Bethesda hate.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2168281/
junkacc

avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2015-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Mon 14 Dec 2015 - 9:56

It's a boring game period. If I wanted an FPS, there are plenty out there that offer a better experience than the abortion that is FO4. Anyone could have seen it coming when Todd Howard said COD is a great RPG.

btw, this is the first game where Todd Howard was given free reign to do whatever he chose. Free reign given due to the wild success of Skyrim and all the fawning over the dumbed down gameplay. Can't really blame Bethesda for giving what consumers and the target audience want though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Cant enjoy the game without playing HC, Cant survive so far with any build I have tried... Any suggestions??
» rainbow dash/Clydesdale- bearville meets ponyland-enjoy family/loved ones
» Atheon Fix
» So I'll finally be able to enjoy the X1 and F5
» BIGGEST LOTR COMPLETE TOY BIZ COLLECTION ENJOY

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-