Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul wolfenstein money boom ghoul Call commonwealth marvel Reforged Ryse Gear daryl Superpele machine Mask dead vault mandalorian NPCs boomers body riot FCOM Armor khan hunk
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby gavin gold Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:06 am

» The Next fallout
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Evmeister Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 pm

» Modder looking for gun mods
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Bset Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:29 am

» Greetings!
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
danbrother

danbrother

Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 12:22 am

@VeteranAlpha96 :-) Agree with you. Weapons and armors redone is the main thing I'm waiting from mods. At least F4 will be a fine shooter ;-)))

Speaking about Obsidian - how about making a petition to ask for Bethesda permit Obsidian make a new Fallout game on this engine and ask Obsidian to really make it?

Haven't seen this idea on the web, but it's not hard to plumb.

What do you say, fellow GUNers?

danbrother

danbrother

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 12:30 am

VeteranAlpha96 wrote:
danbrother wrote:
@VeteranAlpha96 :-) Agree with you. Weapons and armors redone is the main thing I'm waiting from mods. At least F4 will be a fine shooter ;-)))

Speaking about Obsidian - how about making a petition to ask for Bethesda permit Obsidian make a new Fallout game on this engine and ask Obsidian to really make it?

Haven't seen this idea on the web, but it's not hard to plumb.

What do you say, fellow GUNers?

I like this idea, this could work and i would be in heaven, people did this will MGS 5 where they wanted to bring back Quiet and it worked from what i heard, this could work aswell if people do it right.

I'll make a topic here on GUNetwork. Let's see what our fellows will say ;-) And maybe we'll make it real someday :-))

stfdmn

stfdmn

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 12:31 am

@danbrother Obviously I'm all for that idea. Obisidian had content, choices and a lot of role playing in their FoNV. Also, if Bethesda lets Obsidian do another Fallout game it will be out in less than 2 years Smile

Back to top Go down
teegfonv

teegfonv

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 8:13 am

The issue is, I fell in love with new vegas because it was a game that casual games would pick up and drop befpre beating it. It was deep, challenging, and immersive. Fallout 4 just feels like a cod release. Very little attention to detail, very high capacity to sell units. I just feel like bethesda didnt put the love into this installation of fallout like they have the others.
Back to top Go down
Julum

Julum

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Archi wrote:
Well as somebody Who enjoys the game. I can't stand with your point but sorry when I hear somebody saying "oversimplified" in same sentance as "Fallout 4" It makes me cry laughing TongueTril.
I and specially when somebody compers Fallout 4 to Skyrim. They are bassicly both as simple in story and gameplay. And I think that making it FPS-y don't makes the game worse. it makes the game WORK. Old Gunplay was most horrible thing you can experience really. But stil I have my pains... Dialog System, Skyrim based quests (talking about delivery-killer boy ones) For now everything wrong can be patched or modded So none of my problem here.

Yes, Skyrim was simple, but I thought it was, y'know, actually fun. And I wasn't comparing it to Skyrim. And I'm sorry but Fallout 4 is simplified, and very much so. Improved gunplay and (in my opinion) boring everything else does not make a good game to me. And story? I thought Skyrim's story was okay. FO4's story was the most uninteresting thing I've ever seen. You're locked into a person with no wiggle room for roleplay. Let's take the baby of this random person! (Unless the reason was because Shaun is "untouched by the wasteland" or whatever, which isn't new because FO3 already did that with putting the FEV into Project Purity or whatever) Said person adapts to the wasteland almost immediately! Oh no, the institute! The "anyone could be one of THEM" cliche! Skyrim had the "you're the chosen one" cliche, but at least could be modded out. You're stuck with FO4's story unless there was to be a mod that mods the entire main quest out of the game. So please, if you're trying to debunk my opinion, don't.

Last edited by Julum on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 7:01 pm

As of this moment I have 262 hours invested into Fallout 4. I'd say roughly 9 hours were dedicated to building-up settlements with the remainder doing quests/general exploring. At the rate I'm going I will probably hit close to, or above, 400 hours before creating another character.

Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 AceGoober_FO4_0023

I am happy with Fallout 4 for the following reasons:

1. Intelligent AI. The way they use cover is greatly improved over Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas. It is actually a challenge to eliminate the enemy when they are taking advantage of building walls, or other obstacles, to reload. Another is the way the AI use various grenades. With as many grenades that have been thrown at me if I'm not on my toes (slang for paying attention) my character gets his ass handed to him. Or, her when I start my next character as soon as my current character finishes finding everything in this playthrough.

2. Settlements. Building settlements is enjoyable. There is nothing more enjoyable than seeing a settlement rise from a simple startup to a thriving community. Having the ability to interconnect settlements through trade routes greatly improves the dispersion of resources especially since, for me, most of the resources are located in Sanctuary.

3. Weapon Mods. I do like the new weapon crafting system. It took a bit to get used to but as time went on I became more and more infatuated with seeing what combinations worked in certain situations and what didn't. The variety makes for a much more enjoyable experience as I can equip what weapons I will use during any given situation.

4. 64 Bit. This is one of the features I've been hoping would be implemented into Fallout 4 and my wish came true. The RAM/VRAM management is just short of superb. There are a few idiosyncrasies which need to be worked-out yet so far I haven't had any crashes and the game is making good use of RAM and VRAM.

Here is what I feel that needs improvement in Fallout 4 (only listing the major offenders as I'm on the fence, per se, regarding other *possible* issues:

1. Companion Movement. There is no reason whatsoever for a companion to move in front of me while I'm firing at an enemy. None at all. The biggest offenders have been Dogmeat, Codsworth and Curie. The majority of the time they have gotten my character killed because of their stupidity. I really hope Bethesda fixes this by keeping the companions to the right or left. I'm hesitant to say rear because if they fire while behind my character I could be injured or even killed so I'm currently up in-the-air about that aspect.

2. Companion Wheel. Two of the features I miss are:

2a. The ability to adjust the distance the companion stays away from me. If we (companion and I) are going to be exploring the great, wide Commonworth then I don't want them up on my ass all the time.

2b. The second is being able to adjust their aggressiveness. I do not want to see a companion engaging a group of Super Mutants or Forged until I engage them.

3. Companion/NPC Pathing. Why did [insert companion name] fall-off a building? Why did [insert companion name] say that they could not get to a spot I commanded them to go to when there are no obstructions prevented them from doing so? Why is it my character can jump down three feet but the companion takes the long way around? Why is it a companion or NPC pushes me out of the way when they need to go around? I hope Bethesda fixes these companion issues soon or otherwise I will be travelling either without a companion at all or excluding the three worst offenders.

4. Object Removal. When a hedge blocks me from placing an object within the boundaries then that is when I have an issue with. I'd prefer to be able to remove the bush than to place objects which intersect with said bush and be denied placing object due to intersection with an object which cannot be removed.

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
jackspacko

jackspacko

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 8:05 am

I really really enjoyed it my first playthrough. Mostly I think because I was a concerned mother. The dialogue choices fit with my character. However once I tried to play a mercenary unsavory type character I felt limited. Especially since the dialogue doesn't even adapt. If I was mean or nice the response was the same 90% of the time. There was no consequence and the world didn't feel as alive. Once I became aware that I only had the illusion of choice, the game fell to a new low for me.
Back to top Go down
Ironhide11183

Ironhide11183

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 11:44 am

Honestly the first 30 hours of my first playthrough was a dissapointment. But after making about 10 characters, I decided to look up a raider build and have been playing like that so far. I have to admit the RPG elements seem to have been washed down comparted to fallout new vegas. But after just using melee i have been enjoying the game. I know mods will only make the game more enjoyable so until the GECK comes out you may not have fun in it until then.

@Boodaliboo yes i hope obsidian makes another fallout game, fallout new vegas in my opinion was a whole lot better than fallout 3 by a mile.
Back to top Go down
patrikfroman

patrikfroman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah, its a major disappointment. Obsidian is just so much better than Bethesda in every way.

EVGA GTX 980 Classified 1.5GHz OC
Samsung 840 pro 120gb SSD
Samsung 840 EVO 500gb SSD
Seagate 1tb HDD
Corsair RM850 PSU
2x ASUS 24" 1080p monitor
1x DELL 27" 1440p monitor
Back to top Go down
kn5002

kn5002

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Honestly, i find that Bethesda didn't put a lot of effort in this game.
The story line is horrible and it lacks the rpg elements.
I also dislike the new dialogue system as they removed the requirement like [speech 100].

Girspoon

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm extremely disappointed in the weapon variety. From a bethesda standpoint, they did okay. But coming from new vegas which had 150+ weapons I think, is just pathetic.
Back to top Go down
danbrother

danbrother

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:42 pm

http://kotaku.com/fallout-4-is-not-the-fallout-fans-fell-in-love-with-1745651992

“Fallout 4 is a good game, it just isn’t a good Fallout game.” - best review for F4. Sadly...

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Fallout 4 is alright but I still prefer New Vegas because in fallout 4 there is no hardcore mode and companions are essential making dogmeat completely overpowered.
Back to top Go down
jackspacko

jackspacko

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:55 am

I really hope Elder Scrolls VI will be an improvement. I swear to god if I see a dialogue wheel, I will flip.
Back to top Go down
Julum

Julum

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 1:14 pm

jackspacko wrote:
I really hope Elder Scrolls VI will be an improvement. I swear to god if I see a dialogue wheel, I will flip.

Yes, I'm worried TESVI will be a steaming pile after seeing FO4. Bethesda is getting worse over time in my opinion. (Though Skyrim was an exception as I prefer it over Oblivion)

I'd say it'd be even worse for an Elder Scrolls game than a Fallout game if they again forced you into this one character like FO4 with it's abysmal dialogue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next