Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________
FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

________________


________________


_
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-21
Age : 17

PostSubject: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:01 pm

I really want to and I'm sad I don't, but I just don't like it. It just feels like they oversimplified it and made it into a generic FPS to me. I got bored of it so quickly. I'd list all of my problems with it (which grows larger the more I play), but I feel like I'd sound like an ass. I'm jealous of everyone who likes it and I feel like I'm all alone. Crying or Very sad Am I alone in feeling this? I'm definitely coming back when gameplay overhaul mods come, but I just can't like the vanilla game.


Last edited by Julum on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
Pharah

avatar

Posts : 3395
Join date : 2014-05-13
Age : 23

Character sheet
Name: Aya A7-01
Faction:
Level: Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm 83 hours in and and I don't get bored at all. Personally I think this is the best Bethesda game right now, especially in the terms of content and gameplay (and they didn't even show the DLCs). All I need now is GECK and mods for roleplaying, then I'll be set completely.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2168281/
Evmeister

avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:11 pm

It definitely feels more FPS then previous iterations. The third person aiming and reticle is so messed and not centered that I usually more often then not in First Person during combat. Previous games I could fight in third person. Don't get me started with ghouls. It's almost impossible to shoot at the in tps because they duck and weave.

I don't think you're the only one. I still love the game, but that are quite a few things I'm not happy with as well. I third person games, though I've warmed to FPS, I prefer TPS and this does feel way more like a FPS.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-21
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Dio Brando wrote:
I'm 83 hours in and and I don't get bored at all. Personally I think this is the best Bethesda game right now, especially in the terms of content and gameplay (and they didn't even show the DLCs). All I need now is GECK and mods for roleplaying, then I'll be set completely.

Honestly, I think the complete opposite. I feel like it's the worst Bethesda game I've played so far, unfortunately. I'm finding everything to just be completely bland and underwhelming.

@Evmeister wrote:
It definitely feels more FPS then previous iterations. The third person aiming and reticle is so messed and not centered that I usually more often then not in First Person during combat. Previous games I could fight in third person. Don't get me started with ghouls. It's almost impossible to shoot at the in tps because they duck and weave.

I don't think you're the only one. I still love the game, but that are quite a few things I'm not happy with as well. I third person games, though I've warmed to FPS, I prefer TPS and this does feel way more like a FPS.

Thank you for understanding. The last person who I told I didn't like it just said "Well it's just an improved Fallout 3 so I don't know what to tell you". I agree. I'm really not interested in FPSes most of the time, and that is what the game feels like to me instead of a Fallout game, a mix of shooting and RPG. At the very least, I appreciate 3 and New Vegas much more now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
AussieShepherd117

avatar

Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-03-30
Age : 23
Location : Top Secret

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:34 pm

I love the game I'm like 34 hours in and yeah everything is different to other fallouts but feels more similar to skyrim which I really like the only thing I can think of that I wish Bethesda added was instead picking skills as perks that to get better at a skill like shooting for example you need to keep shooting people to get better like skyrim skill system but overall I haven't had this much fun since I first played fallout 3 back in 2008

_________________

My Achievements:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-21
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:39 pm

I feel like I'm playing a different game than everyone else at this point. Can I have whatever Fallout 4 you guys are playing? TongueTril
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
gabet347

avatar

Posts : 306
Join date : 2015-08-30
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:43 pm

I understand where you're coming from. It feels *so* different in many aspects. Everything has been growing on me though, particularly gun modding and settlement building (especially with unlimited settlement size and materials). There are some things I really don't like though that really take away from it IMO, and that's the dialogue and poor optimization above all. I hate the constant dips in larger areas, especially since the game isn't really a pioneer as far as graphics and textures go. I miss the consistent 60 fps, and I miss New vegas dialogue and consequences of that dialogue. The facial animations also really bother me sometimes (although every other animation is a huge improvement from any other previous bethesda game), as well as how some of the weapons feel, and the PC UI, too actually haha. So a few things bug me. The game has really improved in many ways though. And that's enough to keep me going. But it has it's issues that are kinda holding me back from falling head over heels for it like I did so quickly with the previous 2 fallouts. And I really hope Bethesda addresses these issues as best as they can themselves instead of just leaving it to modders. Granted, I played 3 and NV way, way after their initial release so it's obvious things will get better with time. But still.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evmeister

avatar

Posts : 771
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 29
Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:51 pm

I also agree with the Dialogue, and now I realize why the voice director for Brian and Courtenay was complaining about having to play the game 8 times. Because of the 4 options for each gender. I feel like I'm missing out on dialogue.

However Julum, I think you should give it another chance and try some of the settlement stuff if you haven't, it's pretty entertaining.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-21
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:53 pm

@Evmeister wrote:
I also agree with the Dialogue, and now I realize why the voice director for Brian and Courtenay was complaining about having to play the game 8 times. Because of the 4 options for each gender. I feel like I'm missing out on dialogue.

However Julum, I think you should give it another chance and try some of the settlement stuff if you haven't, it's pretty entertaining.

I feel like I've given it enough of a chance, to be honest. And I've tried settlement building and found it to be really underwhelming and boring. There's not much variety in buildings and player made buildings just look like eyesores to me. Many people thought it improved but I though it just made things worse while creating more problems. Also, I really, really don't like the story and that's a major thing keeping me from not wanting to play anymore.


Last edited by Julum on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
Ryumera

avatar

Posts : 240
Join date : 2015-05-05
Age : 21
Location : US, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:02 pm

I love the game. I love the new shooting mechanics, I love the overhaul to ghoul movement. Perhaps when mods come out you can create the Fallout 4 you envisioned. To each their own.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen

avatar

Posts : 3681
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:44 pm

I wasn't that impressed at first (and still have my complaints) but once I met some companions, devoted some time to the upgrade/mod stuff and did some of the side quests... I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
Soju

avatar

Posts : 2257
Join date : 2014-10-19
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 pm

I personally love it. Pre-ordered it since July and waited ever since to only get my sweaty hands after schools on this game... the satisfaction is wordless.

I love the crafting system and the building.

Although the building needs some serious fixes/overhauls, i.e walls keep auto snapping to the other one when you don't want them to, and there is no way to turn off auto snapping, some indestructible objects in settlements, i.e a Brahmin corpse at the Boathouse, I can't even disable it through console command, keep sayings enabled something, and it's clipping with my structures, and some electric poles. And some structures you can't build next to another one EVEN though it doesn't even touch, this makes building fences around your settlement really frustrating because you can't get creative with fences, and I mean fences, not building walls around because walls at least auto snap with each other, fences don't, and they can't even be built next to each other..etc.

Lots of complains about the building system from me. Otherwise, I love the game, just hope for more patches now.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mookachalupa

avatar

Posts : 75
Join date : 2015-07-24
Age : 21
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:56 pm

I agree with Tesvixen, took me a while but I really got into it. Got little stuff about it that they changed that piss me off to this day, but can't get enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-21
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:20 pm

@Tesvixen wrote:
I wasn't that impressed at first (and still have my complaints) but once I met some companions, devoted some time to the upgrade/mod stuff and did some of the side quests... I was hooked.

I would use other companions, but I always play a character with a lack of a moral compass, and I saw that companions other than Dogmeat will disapprove of that and possibly turn against you, so that's out of the question. Also I met Piper and don't like her that much. Do the companions get better? Also side quests usually hook me pretty quickly, but these ones aren't. Especially because I joined the Brotherhood of Steel, and my first quests are those "radiant quests" like in Skyrim which are either just "Go here and clear out this place" or "Go here and get this thing" which bores me. That certainly put me out of the mood to do anything. The only non-fetch quest things I can think of is the main quest, but as I said earlier I don't like the story. I just lack the resolve to play any more at this point. Maybe it's because I'm only 6 hours in, but I feel like if 6 hours have gone by and I still don't like it, something is wrong. Though there's the issue of me finding more problems the more I play it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
EchoExile

avatar

Posts : 64
Join date : 2014-05-04
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:21 pm

I can't get into FO4 for some reason. It just feels off. I tried about 20 hours and didn't want to bother with the rest of it. Maybe i'll try it at a later time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ironhide11183

avatar

Posts : 265
Join date : 2015-04-08
Age : 27
Location : Portland, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 pm

I am not enjoying the vanilla feel, i gotta say mods really make every game ive played better than vanilla counterpart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soju

avatar

Posts : 2257
Join date : 2014-10-19
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:49 pm

@Julum wrote:
@Tesvixen wrote:
I wasn't that impressed at first (and still have my complaints) but once I met some companions, devoted some time to the upgrade/mod stuff and did some of the side quests... I was hooked.

I would use other companions, but I always play a character with a lack of a moral compass, and I saw that companions other than Dogmeat will disapprove of that and possibly turn against you, so that's out of the question. Also I met Piper and don't like her that much. Do the companions get better? Also side quests usually hook me pretty quickly, but these ones aren't. Especially because I joined the Brotherhood of Steel, and my first quests are those "radiant quests" like in Skyrim which are either just "Go here and clear out this place" or "Go here and get this thing" which bores me. That certainly put me out of the mood to do anything. The only non-fetch quest things I can think of is the main quest, but as I said earlier I don't like the story. I just lack the resolve to play any more at this point. Maybe it's because I'm only 6 hours in, but I feel like if 6 hours have gone by and I still don't like it, something is wrong. Though there's the issue of me finding more problems the more I play it.

You should get Cait then. She's at Combat Zone.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oldboy

avatar

Posts : 223
Join date : 2014-11-11
Age : 28
Location : Los Angeles

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:27 am

46 hrs of gameplay and im loving every second of it

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julum

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-06-21
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:40 am

alonewolf003 wrote:


You should get Cait then. She's at Combat Zone.

I got Cait. Aaaand she bugged out.

She is stuck in this animation and slides to move. I don't know if she can fight like this but I don't think so.

EDIT: Now she can't move at all and is just useless. Moving to a different cell moves her to me but doesn't fix the bug.


Last edited by Julum on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHDfxVMvnWHj3FzVgXqEJwA
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?   

Back to top Go down
 

Does anyone else just not enjoy FO4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Cant enjoy the game without playing HC, Cant survive so far with any build I have tried... Any suggestions??
» rainbow dash/Clydesdale- bearville meets ponyland-enjoy family/loved ones
» Atheon Fix
» So I'll finally be able to enjoy the X1 and F5
» BIGGEST LOTR COMPLETE TOY BIZ COLLECTION ENJOY

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-