Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Settlement Building Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evmeister

PostSubject: Settlement Building Help   Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:35 am

Hey guys I'm really digging the settlement feature and have put more time into that then even going around exploring hah. One thing that bothers me though is there is no way to adjust the height of objects that you are placing, at least as far as I can tell. Has anyone found out a way? And also is there a way to disable the snap on feature?

Oh and if anybody hasn't figured it out yet, you can drop all your junk off at the workshop bench and it will contribute to the settlement resources.

Edit: 11/15/15 Don't know why I never thought of it before but you can toggle clipping typing "tcl" in the console, and then you can place the walls right next to each other such as the junk walls that don't snap together or butt up to each other. You can also use this to adjust the height so you can get all your walls to match.

Last edited by Evmeister on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Discovery)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rgordonjr

PostSubject: Re: Settlement Building Help   Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:05 am

Placing items in general is a royal pain. It'd be nice if you could switch to a top down or other alternative view when building things. One of the problems I am having is having the parts "lock" together. I can get it some of the time but most of the time i am off by quite a bit.... Sad

View user profile
Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Settlement Building Help   Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:57 am

I've been learning a few tricks, it's easier to put up wood walls then metal walls. I lined all of Sanctuary with walls, only to get attacked and have Ghouls spawn out of the air. closed eyes smile

One trick with walls is you can do a line of them and then pick a middle one and pull the two to the right and left of it and then select it and then drop it down again so its flush with the ground. Then you can reattach the other pieces and they will drop down with the other one. This way you won't have big gaps under the wall. I'll attach some pics for examples later.

They really need a way to turn off the snap on and allow for objects to clip each other.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settlement Building Help   Today at 12:22 am

Back to top Go down

Settlement Building Help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1