Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Need help to make custom hairs work with hats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nem

PostSubject: Need help to make custom hairs work with hats   Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:46 pm

I added some custom hairs from a resource I found on the forums here to DK race I downloaded from nexus. Now all is great and works fine except for when I put a hat or helmet on - the hair mesh doesn't change at all and it pops out of helmets and/or hats. Or worse, when I put a ranger hat on it appears as if I don't have hair at all.

Now I remember that I used to make custom hairs behave same as Wendy the Welder hairstyle when using head gear. They appeared as a shorter mesh of that hairstyle...but now I can't remember how I did it for the life of me. Does anyone else know and can help me with it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tesvixen

PostSubject: Re: Need help to make custom hairs work with hats   Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:13 am

Hair meshes need 2 primary NiTriShapes, named in a specific manner - Hat and NoHat. NoHat is the hair that you see without any helmet/etc on, and Hat is for when you're wearing something that replaces the hair (cap, helmet, etc).

Your best bet is to make a custom Hat NoTriShape, so that you can take your custom hair and reshape it to suit the needs of whatever helmets/hats etc you intend to use.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nunyabusiness.com
Nem

PostSubject: Re: Need help to make custom hairs work with hats   Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Awesome, thanks Vixen. I didn't even think of NifSkope, completely forgot what I was doing the last time. It was 2 or 3 years ago after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help to make custom hairs work with hats   

Back to top Go down

Need help to make custom hairs work with hats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1