Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel Mask Gear Call commonwealth machine ghoul Ryse wolfenstein Reforged space daryl NPCs riot Superpele money boomers khan hunk vault dead boom body FCOM upgrades mandalorian
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Help on a Weapon Port? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Help on a Weapon Port?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

Help on a Weapon Port? Empty
PostSubject: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:02 pm

So, I've been working on a weapon port of a rifle from the Custom Edition of Halo CE. It's based on the Battle Rifle, but with a different sight. I've run into a few issues though:

• There are some mesh holes that I haven't been able to fix (circled in red in the images)
  • I also don't know how to do the texturing.

I've pretty much done everything that I'm able to with my experience.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm

Assuming you haven't done something to wreck the original UV mapping, the original textures should fit it just fine.  Do you not have them?

If the mesh is in OBJ format or something and does not currently have a 'Texturing Property' you'll need to give it one.

Right click the mesh in the Window, then mouse-over Node > Attach Property. In that long, long list that comes up, click "Texturing Property."

This will add a 'NiTexturingProperty' to the object's NiTriStrips. Right-click NiTexturingProperty, in the menu that comes up mouse over 'Texture' - another menu pops up to the right, choose/click "Add Base Texture"

From there, navigate to the place you stored the weapon's texture and choose its Diffuse texture (note that it should be in DDS format for Fallout 3).

Last edited by Tesvixen on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Assuming you haven't done something to wreck the original UV mapping, the original textures should fit it just fine.  Do you not have them?

I have them, but they're split into different groups. The red dot sight is separate from the rifle is separate from the rails. Halo CE does things a bit differently than Fallout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:15 pm

jwarner007 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

I have them, but they're split into different groups. The red dot sight is separate from the rifle is separate from the rails. Halo CE does things a bit differently than Fallout.

Check my original post (which I just edited) for instructions on how to add a TexturingProperty and see if that helps.

As for the holes in the weapon, I don't think those are holes so much as they are deliberately omitted/deleted vertices that you would never see playing the game in first person.  Many games do this to save on performance, and its really obnoxious.  I might be wrong in this case (they might just be holes) but I've seen a lot of FPS meshes where this applied.
Back to top Go down
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Tesvixen wrote:

If the mesh is in OBJ format or something and does not currently have a 'Texturing Property' you'll need to give it one.  

Right click the mesh in the Window, then mouse-over Node > Attach Property.  In that long, long list that comes up, click "Texturing Property."

This will add a 'NiTexturingProperty' to the object's NiTriStrips.  Right-click NiTexturingProperty, in the menu that comes up mouse over 'Texture' - another menu pops up to the right, choose/click "Add Base Texture"

From there, navigate to the place you stored the weapon's texture and choose its Diffuse texture (note that it should be in DDS format for Fallout 3).  

I'm assuming NifSkope. right? That's what I'm using, but I can't find the texture option when right clicking.

And what would be the easiest way to fix those holes? Nothing I've tried has worked well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:30 pm

There's no feasible way to, short of being a high-skill level modeler and being able to redo the weapon's UV mapping (along with altering all of its textures) to accommodate the changes you make.

Your best bet is to find the 3rd person/world version of the weapon. E.g. the one you'd see lying on the ground, or another player using in multiplayer or something.
Back to top Go down
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
There's no feasible way to, short of being a high-skill level modeler and being able to redo the weapon's UV mapping (along with altering all of its textures) to accommodate the changes you make.

Your best bet is to find the 3rd person/world version of the weapon.

There isn't one, since this is a modified mesh. The UV mapping appears to be different for Halo CE as well, because it was extremely unaligned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Then unless you always play from FPS view, I wouldn't bother with it.
Back to top Go down
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 pm

I could deal with the missing section of the sight. But what should I do about the textures?

[WIP][FO4] Halo: Covenant Armory

XPS 9560: 32GB RAM, i7, 1TB SX8200 Pro SSD, Akitio Node Pro w/ RTX 2080 TI FE
DanCase A4 V4.1: 32GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RAM, Ryzen 3800x, RTX 2080 TI FE, 1TB SX8200 Pro SSD, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, 4TB WD Blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Zip the weapon up along with its textures and upload it to Mediafire or something, and PM me a link. I'll try and see what's up with it.
Back to top Go down
jwarner007

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Okay, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help on a Weapon Port?   Help on a Weapon Port? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help on a Weapon Port?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1