Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault marvel FCOM khan Call Ryse riot space Mask Superpele boomers body money Gear machine commonwealth hunk NPCs mandalorian upgrades dead ghoul wolfenstein daryl Reforged boom
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 12:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:43 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:26 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout, What's in a house? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout, What's in a house?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
war5444

war5444

Fallout, What's in a house? Empty
PostSubject: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 9:54 am

Hello gents.
What's in a house?
Im thinking about creating a house mod and i was wondering what you all think has to be in a house?
Also what's you favorite FO:NV House?
Mine the underground Stronghold, its in both FO:3/FO:NV
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37884/?

Now the trumpet summons us again—not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are—but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation"—a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.
John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Adress, January 20, 1961

SWO Swag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 am

Well there are the obvious choices: things like a bed, fridge, oven/stove, couch/chairs, a table or two, dressers/etc for clothes... but its the knick-nacks - glasses, papers, pencils, etc - that really bring environments to life, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 am

well it's the extra stuff that do the trick really. Much like Vixen said, the little things but also the big ones (like an incredible garden balcony view, or a makeshift fountain, or even a small "scrap metal figurine to not feel lonely"), stuff like that, other than that, anything goes methings, you cna definitely go without a dresser if you're making a house for that kind of character (who'd wear different clothes in an apocalypse anyway? Very Happy)
also, I don't have a fav house in fallout...maybe with wasteland defense Very Happy

war5444

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Like in regards to the house mod I use, there's just so much I could do/change. So Yes I agree its the " "extra stuff" that does the trick.

Now the trumpet summons us again—not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need; not as a call to battle, though embattled we are—but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out, "rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation"—a struggle against the common enemies of man: tyranny, poverty, disease, and war itself.

SWO Swag.
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:11 pm

in that case, one thing that DOES come to mind is that a lot of house mods (be it for skyrim or fallout) often forget about kitchen stuff, I don't mean the fridge now, I mean stuff that you can make meals on (yeh there's the usual oven there but what about a cutting table, things where I put the plates etc) so that's one thing I can point out Smile

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 12:28 pm

The usual things are storage and perhaps display. Bed is important and a chem set. If you want to creat something new and fun to add to a house and make your house unique all power to you. However I'd say if its simple your looking for go with what you have in the Megaton house. Perhaps the safest bet and staple additions.
Now if your going for something out there or wild like a cave home(house in a cave) or a run down old water tower home than space is a factor. Once again it depends on your setting and what you can use from this.
For example lets take the cave home Idea. You could add a mushroom farm, a nightstalker gaurd dog and some cave paintings to tie the atmosphere togeter. Simple utilities like bed and storage, kitchen and lighting. Blah blah blah.

Its about both location and the utilities that come with the house. You want a house near Cottonwood Cove where you can snipe off legion with your buddy boone? Or are you more Fixing things in your bunker with your BFF Veronica. Or perhaps your the rooting tooting cowboy kicking back with a whiskey on your ranch near good ole red Rock.

Thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 3:00 pm

I do enjoy interactive elements in my player home. It makes it seem much more lively. Like being able to open spare doors and moveable furniture.
Back to top Go down
Blackrose

Blackrose

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:05 pm

My favorite house mod is afterschool special, I love how you clean the house and upgrade it and such.
Back to top Go down
BoomBewm

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 6:36 pm

My favorite house mod is The libery loft its a great place to rest after a harsh days in the wasteland you have custom made stuff by the creator including MRE,comics,drinks and more cool stuff i recommend it to everyone.
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 pm

This also may be very useful for you.
Back to top Go down
Family Time

Family Time

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 pm

I like having displays for weapons and rare misc items. Makes my home feel more personalized. I almost always use the Underwater Hideout because of it's vast features, second place for me however would be the GS shack that comes with Interior Lighting Overhaul.
Back to top Go down
Zetman

Zetman

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:18 am

One of the reasons Tron Home is a mod I've used is it's unique art style. It really is Tron-esque. Its interior doesn't look like just another refurbished pre-war structure. It stands out, you won't find another place in the game that looks like it.
I also like the unique, Tron based weapons and armor. And the shooting range is a nice feature to have. And of course it has all the usual crafting features.
Back to top Go down
Tupolev

Tupolev

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:41 am

A lot of attention isn't paid to is detail on many mods, it seems.

Underwater Home NV had a bottle refiller, and stockable food shelves. It was amazing. Heavy on scripting though, so only tackle if you have the skill.

Otherwise, paying a few caps at a nearby merchant (like skyrim) to "furbish a house" (perhaps with static misc items that cannot be picked up) would be nice.

I really like to roleplay the "R" in RPG- often I find it nice when I can have my courier take a shower, a hot meal and a relaxing day.

also, maybe a hefty price to buy such a home?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:52 am

To be a house is literally a place where you can enjoy coming back to. Whether that means having a trophy rack or a weapons display case does not matter. I personally enjoy a house that seems realistic in the FNV world. I like house mods that keep it to the theme of the series. No secret vaults, no high tech appliances. I often find that I take a lot of inspiration from this quote:

Spoiler:

And so the home is a place I love to afk, set my companions on free-roam and enjoy a brief moment of serenity before I head back out into the wasteland. It's a refuge from the harsh reality.

I guess what I mean to say is I'm in favor of a modest looking home that doesn't boast extravagant features. A few couches, well placed clutter, basement etc. is all I look for.
Back to top Go down
famaine

famaine

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 6:08 am

BoomBewm wrote:
My favorite house mod is The libery loft its a great place to rest after a harsh days in the wasteland you have custom made stuff by the creator including MRE,comics,drinks and more cool stuff i recommend it to everyone.

yea ima have to agree with that as well, i like the whole idea of the custom made items and decorations, i would recommend that mod to everyone as well, also i like the cool truck thats outside of the loft just makes it 10x cooler to me lol
Back to top Go down
war5444

war5444

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:20 am

The loft is really cool, but I wish there was a lore friendly version with fallout posters only, no pot, and no plasma screen tv, ect, ect. I feel like all fallout tech is more or less stuck in the 60s.

SWO Swag.
Back to top Go down
DarkPancake

DarkPancake

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 11:07 am

What I like to see in house mods are secret rooms/departments. Not many mods use it, and if they do they are mostly using the vanilia assets. As mentioned before displays are also very nice to see in house mods; the one thing l like from oblivion housing is all the display cases.
Back to top Go down
Bandikoot

Bandikoot

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:46 am

I'd quite like to have a player home with nice scenery and all the utilities with it, like detox rooms for radiation, a place to showcase my guns, and a place to grow plants or even cook. I may not necessarily use all of the utilities, but I'd like to have them there.

I enjoy underwater homes, but the Rancho Villa house mod was nice, too. Liberty Loft was an amazing player home, it's just that sometimes people can go into your house and take things from there, and load times were kind of long, even with a decent rig. Those were things you could ignore though; the mod was that good.
Back to top Go down
ThreeDog

ThreeDog

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:22 pm

My Favorite house mod would have to be the Goodsprings Farmhouse. It has a fair few features and some small quests to get the the lights working etc. Overall i guess i like the immersion and realism factor, it feels like it should be there.

SuperFraggle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 5:48 pm

A real home is where your heart lies~

Or where your family is~

But you don't get those really in Vegas, so I better think of a more appropriate answer.

I sorta change the ownership of Doc Mitchell's stuff to mine and then well, blonk the guy on the head with something strong and take his house. I even changed the name of his house to "Not Doc Mitchell's House" . It's a nice little house, and it usually becomes mine at the start of a play-through.

A house in Vegas needs someone you can kick out then laugh at. That's all it needs: no doo-dads or whatsits or thingamajigs. Just some guy who helped you out significantly that you can drop-kick.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout, What's in a house?   Fallout, What's in a house? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout, What's in a house?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next