Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Weird movement bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frosty7130

PostSubject: Weird movement bug   Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:18 pm

I recently did a fresh install of New Vegas so I could get some new quest mods done (New Vegas Bounties III!) before Fallout 4 causes me to drop off the face of the earth. I finally got everything set up the way I want it to, and got to Primm after making a few tweaks here and there, when I got this strange bug. It happens when I am moving with my character, in first person (although I haven't tried third person), and what happens is after releasing the button, my character keeps on moving forever, and the keyboard and mouse become completely unresponsive to the game, including the ~ and esc keys. The game itself does not crash as the screen still works and sounds still play, and the only way I stop moving is if something blocks my path, but even then, I keep running into the object indefinitely. Searching for help hasn't led me to find anyone with a similar problem. Has anyone else seen this before? Any help is greatly appreciated.

And before you ask, I do have NVSR, NVSE, FNV4GB, and all the other necessary utilities installed.
Load Order:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
archer()

PostSubject: Re: Weird movement bug   Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:24 am

Oh yes, I remember the same happened to me long time ago. As far as I remember I get rid of it by remapping the auto move key.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enomer

PostSubject: Re: Weird movement bug   Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 am

the auto move key default is Q, however it is rather odd to lose total control of functioning. This is a rare problem indeed. As for one of the more affective but longest troubleshooting methods, you could turn off all mods and turn on five at a time. See if that help and make sure your not over 135 active plugins. I reccomend wrye flash to create a bashed patch and manage that plugin count.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
squigglysheep

PostSubject: Re: Weird movement bug   Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:08 pm

I had this happen to me a few times, but in Fallout 3. I managed to get rid of a some of my mods that I was no longer using, and that fixed it. I didn't have as many mods as I do with FNV, but that could be the problem. I just know that a mod was messing something up in my game, and I have no idea which one it was exactly, but it might have been the Children of the Wastelands mod for me...have no idea why though. It was a weird bug, and rather annoying because it really could be anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird movement bug   Today at 12:04 am

Back to top Go down

Weird movement bug

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1