Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein machine riot Reforged space hunk Mask body commonwealth Superpele mandalorian daryl FCOM dead marvel boom Call money Gear ghoul NPCs boomers khan upgrades Ryse vault
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Bset Yesterday at 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Smash96 Yesterday at 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:06 pm

» New person
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:29 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Favorite DLC in Fallout
Operation: Anchorage
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap7%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 10 ]
The Pitt
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap5%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 7 ]
Broken Steel
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap18%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 25 ]
Point Lookout
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap11%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 16 ]
Mothership Zeta
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap4%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 6 ]
Dead Money
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap13%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 18 ]
Honest Hearts
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap9%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 12 ]
Old World Blues
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap14%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 20 ]
Lonesome Road
Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_lcap19%Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 140

AuthorMessage
Accelerator

Accelerator

Character sheet
Name: Accelerator
Faction: Independent
Level: 6

Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Empty
PostSubject: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 pm

A random thought at first has convinced me to make a poll about which story-driven Fallout DLC extension is my favorite.

My favorite DLC extension would have to be Broken Steel because it extended the gameplay almost infinitely unlike New Vegas' ending to where you can't keep playing after the end and see what the effects of your Hoover Dam victory has caused. 

Broken Steel continued the story and kept your choices whether you infected the water with the F.E.V Virus or instead accomplished your mother's and father's dream and gave unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

So that leaves you, The VGU community to vote and discuss your favorite story-driven DLC for the Fallout video game series.

"Someone that kills if given a reason, is definitely not a hero." - Accelerator
Back to top Go down
fey023

fey023

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Boy have i been waiting for someone to start off this topic  Very Happy . I am quite fond of Lonesome Road (primarily for the incredible atmosphere), but there is no doubt that my favorite DLC is Dead Money. For I would never have thought that a mere video game DLC would impact me so much.

It seems like a very very unpopular DLC among the general populace, mainly due to some rather substantial annoyances in gameplay, such as the toxic cloud, beeping collar, and invincible holograms. The idea of stripping the player's equipment, and scarcity of items within the DLC did not sit well with many people either.

I thought it was a masterful execution of a multi-layered story, with some of the most compelling and well written characters in the fallout verse or even gaming in general. This even includes characters not directly seen in the DLC. There is the obsession and sanity slippage of Father Elijah in the present, the personal arcs/quests of the very well written Dean, Dog/God, and Christine, as well as the tragic backstory of Vera Keyes and Frederick Sinclair.

All of these story arcs are then brilliantly, and hauntingly tied in to the central theme of Letting Go, and Begin Again, as perfectly encapsulated by
this song. It is a theme that really resonates with me personally, and very thought-provoking. I won't forget about this experience anytime soon.

I would write a 3000 word essay on the masterpiece that is Dead Money, but I know my own lack of articulation will fail me. So this will do for now.
Back to top Go down
zehflea

zehflea

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 1:14 am

My favorite dlc for Fallout would have to be Point Lookout for Fallout 3. The reason is the atmosphere of the location. It felt mysterious and creepy, and the local mutants freaked me out. The ferry captain whose name I forgot felt genuine to me, a trader who has a secret (not gonna tell in case of spoilers.) The setting itself is different, and I really enjoyed exploring it. The boardwalk is my favorite location of the dlc. Overall size of the map was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
prophet275

prophet275

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:11 am

For me it was Broken Steel, the fact that it made the game effectively an endless story plus the new equipment and locations, made the game pretty fun, and ofcourse you get to see the fruit of your hard labour

slothjelly

slothjelly

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:19 am

broken steel for me because of the kinda short campaign it added more gameplay to a fun game

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 5:50 am

Old World Blues, because it's funny and crazy. And I like voice acting in there. Reminds me of Venture Bros. It also has some sad feeling about it, when you learn all the details about characters.
Back to top Go down
Cotonball

Cotonball

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:52 am

I liked Point Lookout the most because it had the most Fallout 3 fell to it. There were new people to meet, quests for them, and had a nice world to explore. If only the tribals and the swampfolk were so unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
mbuster89

mbuster89

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:04 am

I guess I am the only person who liked Honest Hearts for New Vegas? The storyline was amazing, gripping the player between the tribal conflict and truly showing the darkness of the mind with Joshua Graham. This character really struggles with the hardships he has endured, and is the prime example of how far you can really fall. The weapons were spectacular, as I've always wanted the .45 in a fallout game. Zion also was a challenge due to it's harsh terrain and really dangerous encounters, though had great rewards for those who explored the whole world space. All in all, great DLC.
Back to top Go down
zehflea

zehflea

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 am

I did enjoy Honest Hearts campaign and story. And I agree with you that Joshua Graham made an interesting character. His rise to power in Caesar's Legion and his downfall was very interesting. I also like how his downfall made him have a change of heart and decide to help the good natives of Zion.
Back to top Go down
Accelerator

Accelerator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:01 am

mbuster89 wrote:
I guess I am the only person who liked Honest Hearts for New Vegas? The storyline was amazing, gripping the player between the tribal conflict and truly showing the darkness of the mind with Joshua Graham. This character really struggles with the hardships he has endured, and is the prime example of how far you can really fall. The weapons were spectacular, as I've always wanted the .45 in a fallout game. Zion also was a challenge due to it's harsh terrain and really dangerous encounters, though had great rewards for those who explored the whole world space. All in all, great DLC.
No, you aren't the only one who likes Honest Hearts it just didn't take the role of "favorite" to us.

Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:18 am

I honestly am tied between Operation Anchorage, and Old World Blues.

Considering I am in love with China in the Fallout games, it was an honor to shoot virtual Chinese commandos, and I wish they had done more with that. Especially when reading that the simulation was highly edited. Was it some sort of secret that needed to be erased?

Old World Blues...Well I really felt for Mobius. I felt so ready to kick his ass considering how much everyone complained about him, and then it got me thinking. He's not such a bad guy after all. He's actually pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:21 am

I'm going have to agree with zehflea and Cotonball. I loved Point Lookout! The location, especially the lighthouse and the level design were the perfect setting. I also liked the scenes in the Mansion with the tribals.

Sadly, although I own all of the DLCs for both FO3 and FNV, I've only played a handful of them, either because I haven't gotten round to the others yet or my game became unstable before I could get to that point.

For example, I haven't played Broken Steel or Dead Money at all. I played most of Old World Blues, but never finished it. Lonesome Road was played very early on and I kind of spoilt it for myself as it seemed like an engame type DLC... something I should have done after becoming more familiar with both NCR and Legion.

Honest Hearts was good, but it lacked something. It felt a little rushed. What I played of Old World Blues felt a bit monotonous, but the Think Tank characters were funny. Doctor Dala!! Very Happy "Shh, little organs..." Haha!

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:52 am

Oh boy. glad someone made this topic finally!

I'm just going to talk about the DLCs in order, as to avoid confusion.

Operation Anchorage: 6/10
This DLC was cool when I played it, but now I only really play it so I can do the glitch to get the winterized Combat armor and Winterized weapons (If you put gary's corpse in the chair before you enter the simulation, when you begin to exit the simulation, go into first person, and rapidly tap E. If you did it right, you should activate Gary's inventory. Dump your items into there, then exit his body, then get the DLC gear from his corpse!). The "Plot twist" at the end was poorly written, and I really avoid this DLC most of the time.

The Pitt: 8/10
I loved the Pitt. It was very entertaining, and had great replay value in my opinion, and the landscape was a gem on its own. I love it when Fallout games have locations that have more character then some of the NPCs. I actually felt the need to survive whenever I entered the Pitt as a slave. Finding the hidden cashes of supplies was great. All in all, a great DLC, but once you beat it, there's really nothing to do afterwords, except for use the ammo press.

Broken Steel: 9/10
The name just sounds awesome. Everyone pretty much loves this DLC, because it does what the campaign should have done: let you play after the ending!
The new weapons were well-distributed around the Capital Wasteland, the new Hellfire armor was unbelievably BADASS, and the tesla cannon was great for killing those pesky Enclave Vertibirds. Having Sarah Lyons eventually evolve into a friend instead of an ally was really rewarding, and Father Lyons sort of turned into a father-figure for me. My only problems with this DLC were centered around the death of Liberty Prime. I was so shocked by his death, I threw my controller across the room while screaming,"NOOOOOO".
I had never been so mad at fallout before. Also, fetching cameras to help rebuild him, even though you knew he was NEVER going to walk again, was heartbreaking, Bethesda. Shame on you!
but really, the new wateland critters were fun and difficult. My only problem with this DLC was the fact that Three Dog talks about the battle for Project Purity even if you start a new game.

Point Lookout: 9/10
As I've said, this DLC tied Broken Steel for my favorite. The swamp people were hilarious and dangerous, all at the same time. Their deaths by my grenades sent me rolling on the floor, laughing hysterically at a hillbilly screaming about his moonshine as I blasted him to bits. The NPCs in this DLC were worthwhile, and I actually began to see Desmond as less of an old coot, and more of an old, grumpy uncle. His battle with the brain was dramatic, and I can't tell you how many times his traps killed me. The first fight at Clavert Mansion was scary, and fun at the same time. Falling through the floor wasn't fun though.  Crying or Very sad 
But seriously, the side-quests were great. I enjoyed the landscape as well all in all, a good DLC, with plenty of replay value, even if it is just to try and save those rich wastelanders in that ghoul hunting expo.

Mothership Zeta: 4/10
Oh god, where to start.... Mothership Zeta was, quite frankly, horrible. I didn't enjoy it at all. They just ran with a horrible gimmick, ruined a beautiful easter-egg, and wasted my time with all of the useless alien weapons and stupid NPCs. I did enjoy the samurai armor a bit, but I still think that Bethesda's time should have been spent on better things.

Now, New Vegas DLCs.

Dead Money: 8/10
I actually enjoyed this DLC on my first playthrough. Maybe it's because it was the first New Vegas DLC to be released, but the horror atmosphere was enriching and totally believable. I found myself mourning the death of Frederick Sinclair. The man was so blinded by love and rage, he spent his entire fortune to build an impenetrable prison for the woman who betrayed him. You can actually find his body in the vault, having fallen onto steel pipes, ending his miserable life of regret and sadness, for he just couldn't let go of the woman he loved.

I grew to hate Dean Domino, his twisted ways, manipulating Vera to trick Sinclair, only because he thought Sinclair was too full of himself! He never wanted the money in the vault, he just wanted to hurt Sinclair, to leave him with nothing. The dark place that Dean calls his heart only changes if the Courier can convince him to be partners, not enemies. When I saw the quest through, the happiest moment for me was seeing the ending slide for Dean, showing that he had truly "Let Go"

Dog/God was my friend, and my enemy. I constantly battled with God until the ending. I feel like the ending of God/Dog was very linear. They either kill you and themselves, or you save them. I really didn't like the aspect of the shattered self that Obsidian represented in Dog/God. I feel the DLC could have been made without him.

Christine is the true embodiment of a dedicated soldier. She took this mission to hunt down Elijah because it was her duty to serve, but it soon evolved into a fit of rage, only wanting revenge on the man that caused her so much pain. Even though she couldn't speak n the beginning, I could tell how much she hated Elijah. Later, her voice actor was very believable, and I feel that it fit her character perfectly, even though she never would have had it if Dean hadn't damaged her so badly (Dean was the one who put her in the Auto-doc).
All in all, the central message of Dead Money was very well-written, I just don't think it had very much replay value. Along with all of the glitches, maybe the Obsidian team was just too overworked?

Honest Hearts: 9/10
This DLC is the true embodiment of hate and revenge. Joshua Graham, the Burned Man, is so full of hatred for the White Legs because they slaughtered New Canaan, that he is blind to how much he's changed the tribes of Zion. Daniel wants to run away to spare the Sorrows the horrors of battle, yet he does not see that the scourge of the white-legs must be stopped. I've only sided with Daniel once, and I hated it. I side with Joshua, but at the end I show him that he doesn't need to kill Salt-Upon-Wounds. The ending is much more rewarding. The worldspace for Honest Hearts is beautiful, but feels rushed. Still a good DLC though.

Old World Blues: 8/10
I LOVED this DLC the first time I played it. The cooky gadgets in the Big MT, the experiments running amok, and how disconnected the scientists were from reality, showed how dangerous technology can truly be. My only complaint was having no companions, and how impossibly difficult the Robo-Scorpions were for me. Seriously! I wasted 1000 whole 5mm rounds on ONE. Jesus people, lower the health a little bit!

But seriously, a great DLC. I feel like the transportoplonder was kind on stupid. Why not just use a train? Oh, right...FATHER ELIJAH DESTROYED THEM ALL.

Anyway, the hints to future and past DLCs was fun and interesting. I perfer Christine's Vera Keyes voice over the one she has in the Big MT recorders.

Lonesome Road 7/10
This DLC was....ok? I feel like the conclusion of the Ulysses story was forced. I didn't want to nuke anyone, but that would mean the death of Ed-E. The only real reason I like this DLC is for the landscape. The new armor and enemies are cool to, but the new weapons are, well, stupid. I never used them. I sometimes just skip this DLC, because I don't really care.

And there you have it! If you were just like "Tl;DR" Here's the verdict:

Favorite FO3 DLC: Broken Steel/Point Lookout

Favorite NV DLC: Honest Hearts

Last edited by TheHulksCousin on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Accelerator

Accelerator

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 1:15 pm

I didn't expect people to be waiting for a Topic like this one, Glad to know all of your favorites.

Back to top Go down
zehflea

zehflea

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 3:34 pm

OverTheTop123 wrote:

Considering I am in love with China in the Fallout games, it was an honor to shoot virtual Chinese commandos, and I wish they had done more with that. Especially when reading that the simulation was highly edited. Was it some sort of secret that needed to be erased?

Old World Blues...Well I really felt for Mobius. I felt so ready to kick his ass considering how much everyone complained about him, and then it got me thinking. He's not such a bad guy after all. He's actually pretty nice.

Yeah Mobius was not what I expected, which is not a bad thing. He really did feel harmless and nice, love how he challenges the think tank to keep them sharp. Overall, Old World Blues was a decent add on for me, it had great bits of humor, quirky weapons and armor, and had an interesting setting.
Back to top Go down
TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 7:56 pm

For me it is a tie between Broken Steel (which fixed the... not very good ending of Fallout 3), and Point Lookout (I am a big fan of the Cthulhu Mythos tropes).

The Auld Grump
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 9:49 pm

zehflea wrote:
OverTheTop123 wrote:

Yeah Mobius was not what I expected, which is not a bad thing.  He really did feel harmless and nice, love how he challenges the think tank to keep them sharp.  Overall, Old World Blues was a decent add on for me, it had great bits of humor, quirky weapons and armor, and had an interesting setting.

Definitely. Sending all those things after you was actually trying to help everyone else and thwart the Think Tank from attacking the wasteland. Wouldn't be the first time we've seen something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shardoom

Shardoom

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 4:16 pm

For me the Dead money DLC was by far my favourite. All of the other DLC just seem like a continuation of the main game, simply into a new area.

When you travel to the Sierra Madre, well the entire atmosphere of the game changes. Becoming much more survival horror orientated. Couple that will the superior voice acting and you have a winner. (for me at least)

Point lookout would be second on my list.
Back to top Go down
temporarywhatwhat

temporarywhatwhat

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:06 pm

To be frank, I haven't finished the NV DLC or Point Lookout yet...... so grain of salt with this one.

But Mothership Zeta. Yes, it was pretty bad about the lore, but I loved the gimmick. The retro 60's B-movie aliens have always been cool with me. The style of the alien ship and the "lightning blunderbuss" style of weapons, really works for me. Not only that, it gave a little bit of tactical army, cowboy, and samurai gear too.

Parts of it were drawn out (honestly I really didn't like the space walk), but overall I had fun with it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Point Lookout...but very close runner up would be OWB!!!

Smile

Film Noir Discussion Thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?   Which Fallout DLC is your favorite? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Fallout DLC is your favorite?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next