Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost_1021

PostSubject: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 01:34

Hello guys. I have retextured weapons before using gimp just simply overlaying a tan texture over the weapons original texture for myself. However as of late it has been failing in game. I have no idea why here are a few pics for example
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Character sheet
Name: Cellabes
Faction: Sealab 2012
Level: 3

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 02:31

Err..did you re-apply Archive Invalidation?

FNV mods are on hiatus until GECK works with new win10 update
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myuhinny

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 04:41

Are there any texture paths stated in the .esp? I have had that happen before where something would render correctly but not in game but opening the .esp I located texture paths for the thing and changing it in the .esp to match the path in the nif fixed it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
P7

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 04:58

The texture you're setting it to needs to be somewhere in your new vegas/data/textures folder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AdayDr1en

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 10:40

Hi. Can you upload screenshots of file path fields in nifskope for your textures ?

EDIT:

I just noticed you are missing these sub branch types for your NiTriStrip branches:

- BSShaderTextureSet
- NiMaterialProperty

Without the first sub branch I mentioned, you shouldn't even have textures on your model in nifskope.

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:54

You have tried use the archive invalidation or you have installed one retexture rifle

Ghost_1021

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Sat 12 Sep 2015, 08:17

Aye I have tried the Archive Invalidated toggle guys. And Aye it is in my textures folder with the original textures. I never removed anything in the mesh aday, I just went through the texture property in nifskope. I am honestly not sure why it does not work. I have retextured the regular m4a1 from the mod a while back and it worked.

original:

new version pathing:

PostSubject: Re: Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game   Today at 21:28

Back to top Go down

Re texture working fine in nifskope but not in game

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1