Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
mandalorian boom Call NPCs FCOM dead khan hunk machine wolfenstein Gear Ryse riot upgrades body daryl money space vault Mask marvel commonwealth boomers Reforged ghoul Superpele
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
onowrouzi

onowrouzi

New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Empty
PostSubject: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 am

So, after getting the hang of making companions in FNV and making tons of quests in FO3 I thought I should make a decent sized quest mod for FNV. However, I'm looking for ideas.

Currently, I'm helping out a little with other projects so it wouldn't be right away but I thought I'd gather info from the good people of GUN. So here's my question:

What KIND of quest mod would you like to see?

I'd like to make something different, sort of fill a void rather than add something similar to an already good genre. Essentially, no bounty organizations (but you can still say assassinations), no heists, no plotline from an old western, and preferably no military organization story. Anything else is game. HOWEVER, I do have limitations.

I can't make cells for sh**. I can copy and change contents. But making cells just isn't my thing.
I also can't make weapons/armors. If anyone would like to help me once we've got an idea going, that's great. But for now I just need a decent story.

Anyway, let me know in as much detail as you like. I'd love to hear from you. Big-Hug

Tank-Girl

Tank-Girl

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:51 am

Butch Daloria makes it to Vegas!! And he needs you to round up some tunnel snakes and maybe... wait no that's awful.

My question would be what kind of quest mod would you lean more towards so I can have a clear idea on your talents and pitch an idea that would best fit you. Example a more horror gore type mod, goofy funny as stated, or just anything in general.

My YT Channel
Tank-Girl
Back to top Go down
onowrouzi

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:53 am

Anything really. Horror has never been my thing though (the only thing that scares me is paralysis). I usually lean towards action that doesn't take itself too seriously, i.e. Bulletstorm/Borderlands feel. A little gut punch of tragedy at the end is always good too.

Tank-Girl

Tank-Girl

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:55 am

onowrouzi wrote:
Anything really. Horror has never been my thing though (the only thing that scares me is paralysis). I usually lean towards action that doesn't take itself too seriously, i.e. Bulletstorm/Borderlands feel. A little gut punch of tragedy at the end is always good too.

My kinda games right on!!! since you said bullet storm and since there is a dead pool and riddik. I would love to see a Grayson Hunt or a Serrano companion with quest. Something like gray getting drunk and crashing, or someother creative plot.

My YT Channel
Tank-Girl
Back to top Go down
Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:06 am

That's kind of something only you can answer, really. I know, not very helpful, right? Good stories/quests/mods/art/music/anything rarely happens just because someone decides it's time to make it and it happens. Inspiration is mandatory.

Most folks draw from their own experience or something that's been relayed to them in detail, they recreate it in another form, maybe change names or get symbolic, but the inspiration comes from a past event or a dream...

Even if someone had the "perfect" answer for you, unless it inspires you, it won't mean anything. I know I've got tons of images and story ideas ready to go and just don't feel like stitching them together a lot of the time, and suddenly a song might hit the right chord or strike the right nerve and drive me to get cracking. Even then, the material was already developed, just the motivation to make it happen was missing. The actual story or idea isn't the hard part to come up with.

Like Me444 says, it's wholly up to you and what story you want to tell. You could tell an action-packed story about a warrior who not only develops PTSD, but ends up paralyzed as well. You could even go so far as to make a quest version of the story told in Metallica's One or the novel Johnny Got His Gun if you want to make a statement. The latter would actually fit in with Fallout as it would be set before the divergence.

VATROU

VATROU

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:09 am

I've always wanted a few variations to the Indy ending. It'd be nice if as the Courier that you had no interest you could hand over the reigns to someone like The King and Julie Farkas. Sort of a good Indy where the Courier wanders off into the sunset and tells Yes Man to do whatever The King and Julie say. Which would be a rather good end since those two actually care for Vegas. Sure Mr. House would make Vegas powerful but he would care about the suffering of the poor.

Though making new slides for the end credits might be too much a challenge. Still I'd like something like that.

Check out my Fallout Alaska Fan Lore Master Thread 2, pop in, leave a suggestion, or simply comment. Why is it called a Master Thread? Well because it's where all my updates will go first.

Like Fallout Fan Fiction!? Check out Explorers of the New World Updated regularly. It's about Alaska and the Wackiness that ensues therein.
Back to top Go down
onowrouzi

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:10 am

Right now I have an idea for a Super Mutant companion who is looking to retain his human memories with a Flowers for Algernon twist. Obviously, I'll put humor throughout. I always find it easiest to come up with a sad plot and build humor around it to break the tension.

And I'm totally gonna make the story and questline myself, I'm just looking for types of quests, as in "What are you sick of seeing?", "What would you like to see more of?".

Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:12 am

onowrouzi wrote:
...And I'm totally gonna make the story and questline myself, I'm just looking for types of quests, as in "What are you sick of seeing?", "What would you like to see more of?".

My bad, I think I misunderstood your question. I know we're probably all sick of fetch quests. Wouldn't it be funny if our character could send NPC's on goofy fetch quests?

onowrouzi

onowrouzi

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:13 am

Haha or better yet, a false-start fetch quest like ClapTrap's mission to find his stash locker.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?   New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Vegas: What kind of quest mod should I make?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1