Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth Superpele money Overhaul Armor boom Call ghoul hunk body mandalorian riot daryl Reforged boomers machine wolfenstein Gear khan Ryse NPCs marvel Mask FCOM vault dead
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Empty
PostSubject: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:13 pm

I am thinking of making some more variations of the Regulator duster. I ad ONE session with Nifskope, and I was really just looking at what is what. So any tips on on how to make good armors/weapons with Nifskope? Cause' I know if you do it correctly, you can make some pretty badass armors/weapons with it.

Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 9:31 pm

I suggest that you first create a texture folder to hold all the new textures that require mods as anyone who might download your mod won't have the exact same mods. Also don't reassign your textures routes after you finish placing items on the armour as you will be spending ages reassigning everything. Make you also get permission from mod authors before using parts from their mods as some authors take awhile to reply and that can delay your mod release.
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 11:00 pm

@Great Teacher Alex Thanks for the advice man. It can be a pain in the butt to get permission from a mod author. Most of the time, mod authors don't really come back to reply to comments because they probably moved on. Anyways, I was thinking of making a lot more variations of the Regulator duster and try to intergrate into the Regulator leveled list. I want to make it for TTW, since regular FO3 is a pain to get working, especially on Windows 8.1.

Limitlessness

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 11:21 pm

I would recommend that you at least learn the basics of how to use Blender. If you do that you will be able to create some very specialized armours by editing the actual game meshes and chopping them up . Over time you may be able to make your own armours from scratch without any pre-made assets. There is a .Nif plugin available for Blender 2.49 (You can find there previous releases of Blender on their website). Although it not the greatest image editing suite, you could also use Gimp for editing textures. If enjoy creating and editing meshes and ever get the chance, I would definitely recommend that you learn to use the Autodesk products. They give away education licenses without a second glance. One takeaway for you would be to make a proper project folder that is organized and always remember to back up your files!
Back to top Go down
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 12:04 am

Hey there, I'm also a nifskope modder.  Yeah that's true about the permission thing.  A lot of the things well all of them really, that I have made with through nifskope I was unable to upload because I could never get permission, I did ask but no one ever got back to me on it so I just never uploaded.  As for making great things its pretty simple, if your just doing a mashup with that duster and making different variations, then all you have to do is this really.

Open up the nif that has the part you want, right click on the object you want, and it should highlight it to show you what your targeting, and go down to "block" then hit "copy branch" then open the nif you want to add that part to (make sure to keep that other nif open though), right click "scene root" and then go to "block" and hit "paste branch."  The part will then be added to this nif.  It also helps to very closely examine the part your adding to the duster to make sure that it will actually fit onto it without clipping.  I'll also add that even if something doesn't look like there'll be clipping in nifskope, the game might show differently especially when the armor is animating like running or jumping.

Doing blender also helps, like Limitless mentioned, because through it you can easily take something off a mesh or separate a part from the base mesh so that you can remove it in nifskope.  Because some nifty looking armors out there with all their pieces are actually one solid object, therefore making it so you can't take that piece you want without also taking the whole thing.  Anyway hope you find some of this helpful and good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Brigand231

Brigand231

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 4:21 am

All of the above suggestions and ideas are very good. Further, a lot of these things are well-tutorialed on YouTube. If you can't find a video tut. for any of the basics after looking, give a shout and someone might just make one for you. Most of the tutorials I've put up are there because someone asked, "How do you...?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?   Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any tips on making good Nifskope armors/weapons?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1