Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged machine upgrades mandalorian Mask dead Call boomers Superpele riot space commonwealth Ryse wolfenstein marvel vault boom Gear ghoul hunk body daryl money NPCs FCOM khan
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 23:44

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 02:53

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi March 26th 2024, 21:43

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi March 26th 2024, 21:26

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi March 26th 2024, 21:21

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl March 20th 2024, 10:27

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby john96 March 20th 2024, 05:14

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Bset March 17th 2024, 08:33

» schorched enclave officer
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Smash96 March 17th 2024, 07:13

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby DHB00P March 14th 2024, 04:29

» Late Introduction
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Battleclad March 2nd 2024, 18:29

» Greetings!
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh February 29th 2024, 11:01

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby gamerdude7892 February 28th 2024, 21:48

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby uxof February 26th 2024, 06:50

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby DireTheRed February 23rd 2024, 07:52

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Bset February 22nd 2024, 18:01

» hi i'm new person
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Jackfishproductions February 18th 2024, 23:00

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby Skroge February 18th 2024, 13:15

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby CommunistDragon February 18th 2024, 12:18

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Emptyby TimvorixosGR February 17th 2024, 19:37

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

FO3 or NV?
Fallout 3
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap37%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 55 ]
Fallout New Vegas
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 I_vote_lcap63%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 148

AuthorMessage
Milo80

Milo80

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 30th 2014, 18:25

ArgusMercenary wrote:
New Vegas by far and I disagree on the world design being inferior. Maybe in some parts it was too desolate or there was a lack of interesting interiors but there's no way I'd ever prefer what Fallout 3 offers compared to the Strip or Freeside.  

FO3 always felt dead to me, maybe that was what they were going for but it has been 200 years since the bombs. You can't expect that few settlements in that amount of time, regardless, of what has been happening, people could've made a lot more stuff. In short I felt like FO3 was a lot of land with a whole lot of nothing to see, never felt that way about New Vegas though.

hmm you make a point , btw I meant "world design" as the quality of world modeling, not what they put in it  Smile 
But you're right Fo3 felt quite empty indeed, maybe aside from downtown, it really looks like they arbitrarily put stuff at random places to fill up the map without any thoughts behind it.
I didn't feel new vegas was empty neither; content-wise it was cool, settlements are logically placed along trading routes, the world map makes more sense than in FO3 and it didn't suffer from the "map filling syndrome" like bethesda games in general, but it had horrible looking landscape in some places, with lots of texture seems, you could see the desert texture repetition on most open spaces, some landscapes felt badly assembled ,many new, obsidian-made textures were not very convincing, I felt it was less technically impressive than FO3 and could have used some serious polish. it really took some enb series fig leafing & all kinds of mods before I could call my FNV "nice to look at"
Back to top Go down
ArgusMercenary

ArgusMercenary

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 30th 2014, 19:18

I see, well if it is about modeling, got no clue about that to be honest. I don't know much about it. I can say that some stuff did look off, especially in Legion territory, the lighting was just wrong, looked way too weird. I guess they did fail at that, Fallout 3 does the lighting way better. I also needed to add a weather mod and an ENB to get it to look nice. New Vegas also had that orange tint thing that made it look too much, well, orange.

Though the Strip never looked weird to me, at least they did that one right. I just wish it had been open from the start, but no, consoles made them have to make two sections of the strip. Same with Freeside. At least there are mods to fix that.
Back to top Go down
bft90679

bft90679

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 30th 2014, 19:30

Vegas for sure. Not just because a lot of classic equipments come back with modification, also, factions.

Frankly I don't like the games only have one way, that is, force player to be a good man and be the hero save the world.

I mean... come on, this is post apocalyptic world. What is justice? And what is sin? After a holocaust, usually the definition, or the boundary between justice and sin become vague and uncertain.
Back to top Go down
Scorpio9

Scorpio9

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 30th 2014, 20:30

So those who played Fallouts before FO3 gain something in nostalgia department when playing FNV?
Back to top Go down
cr33mch33z

cr33mch33z

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 30th 2014, 20:34

i like new Vegas more because there is more to do in it and also the unique weapons are unique and don't just have a different damage model
Back to top Go down
chitoryu12

chitoryu12

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 13:48

New Vegas, without a doubt. Fallout 3 has its cool bits, but New Vegas expands on it so much that it's not even a contest. It's like GTA V versus GTA IV.
Back to top Go down
DB8

DB8

Location : You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know where I am!

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 16:13

People who like the Brotherhood Of Steel didn't like New Vegas as much as Fallout 3. They just seemed to not play as big of a role in the story line. I like the Brotherhood of Steel myself but I don't think it's too bad. Someone may have different thoughts.

DB8

Location : You're on a need to know basis and you don't need to know where I am!

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 16:28

Please tell me if I am wrong in some way but I think Fallout 3's story line is better than New Vegas's. I enjoyed it more than New Vegas. Find your dad, Project Purity, all that good stuff.

ArgusMercenary

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 21:35

Scorpio9 wrote:
So those who played Fallouts before FO3 gain something in nostalgia department when playing FNV?

I played FO3 first, never played the originals. I still like FNV better than FO3, another reason is the location, it felt more fitting than DC. I don't know I guess NV's world is just more immersive and inclusive than FO3's.

As for the BoS, Fallout 3 doesn't really represent what the BoS is about. They've never played an important role in the past either, they can't, they just don't have the manpower and they don't care about what happens in outside of their own little world.
Back to top Go down
Isopropylalcohol

Isopropylalcohol

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 21:48

Fallout 3 for the exploration New Vegas for game play and story but if I had to pick one it would be New Vegas it seems to be the game I always return to luckily tales of two wastelands is a thing so I don't have to make that choice haha

Skyline

Skyline

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 22:24

I'm gonna have to give the vote to Fallout 3, not because of my experience with the base game but the experience I had with the quest mods. I still remember that awesome quest "Alton, IL" that came out in 2011, probably one of the first mods I ever played in a video game that really felt more like a DLC than a mod.

Scorpio9

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 23:03

ArgusMercenary wrote:
Scorpio9 wrote:

I played FO3 first, never played the originals. I still like FNV better than FO3, another reason is the location, it felt more fitting than DC. I don't know I guess NV's world is just more immersive and inclusive than FO3's.

Could it be that you liked FNV more because it introduced "open world" in terms of natural environment that you could freely navigate trough while questing and having fun, as opposed to FO3's 50% natural environment and 50% urban & closed, almost claustrophobic environment design?
Back to top Go down
xtheoutcastedx

xtheoutcastedx

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyJuly 31st 2014, 23:11

In my in opinion, Fallout 3's world space was better. I enjoyed the city of DC and the history within the map. I also liked how it wasn't just a city. There were outskirts, other settlements, parts of Virginia and such. I enjoy Fallout New Vegas' immersion more. The amount of weapons and quests skyrockets over te amount Falloit 3 had. Same goes for armor, ammo types and RPG elements (multiple paths to quests and ending specifically). When it comes right down to it, I would say I enjoy Fallout NV more playthrough wise, exploration wise on the other hand I would rather play Fallout 3!

putnamce45

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyAugust 1st 2014, 00:47

I prefer Fallout 3 for the story and atmosphere, but I play way more Fallout New Vegas more because it has a much better engine and I feel the experience is just much more enjoyable. But I can't have Liam Neeson as a dad in New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
TheSchemenator

TheSchemenator

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 00:18

Personally I prefer Fallout New Vegas as the entire game was sprawling with variety. I found it a little hard to take seriously at times though and so Fallout 3 is the winner there. Both games have their pros and cons, but ultimately Fallout New Vegas takes the cake.

Last edited by TheSchemenator on August 4th 2014, 11:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garebear52

garebear52

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 01:18

I prefer Fallout: New Vegas.....With Fallout 3 in the same game using Tale of Two Wastelands muahahahaha. But I do like the environments of the Mojave a lot better.  cowboy
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
bft90679

bft90679

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 10:48

New Vegas, of course. Because there are a lot of improvements.

FO3 is not bad, I love the scenic spots in D.C.; but story and weapons system are just... too simple. Especially the story, I just don't like the game system that force you to gain good karma, so that you can gain more advantages than playing as bad karma characters. It's not fair. I mean... well, it's post apocalyptic world. Imagining it's real world now, you want to keep yourself alive and have to kill someone else just for food and water, will you choose death for not doing so and become a "martyr with good karma;" or to do so and become a "villain with bad karma," so that you can live through another day?

Blowing up the Citadel results the rest of BOS remanents shooting at you with miniguns and gatling laser, also with Talon Company, raiders, super mutants and Enclave remanents always waiting outside and ready to kill you... Well, eventually you're on your own and there's no one you can rely on... At least in FONV, there is Legion to join in.

In FONV, we have game systems improvements, new stories but also some of them are related to some FO or FO2 stories, more and better quests, FO2 equipments and some interesting easter eggs. And factions, finally, I don't have to be a Messiah. Want to play bad? Here you go - Powder Ganger, Legion and supplying chems with Motor Runner. And this is what I call THE post apocalyptic world - there's no good or bad, only wealth and power rules. Just like Robert House's words, his course of action is surely the rules of post apocalyptic world. You have power, wealth, technologies, people work for you but they're not able to fight back or start a revolution; and there's a perfectly obedient and powerful army. With all of the superiority above right in your hand, wouldn't you want to be the Boss to reign and expend your territory?

Last edited by bft90679 on August 4th 2014, 14:17; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
irishmarksman92

irishmarksman92

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 11:10

I loved the urban atmosphere of FO3 but NV is better just in my honest opinion, the lore seemed to stick out more at you. Idk what it is but NV pulls me in a heck of a lot more than FO3. New Vegas could have had more of an urban feel do it due to the fact it IS a city but they didnt really illustrate that in the game. I guess the Real Iron Sights is what got me XD

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 EmptyAugust 4th 2014, 12:05

@ irishmarksman - I agree with you about the iron sights, it's a big improvement over FO3. I remember getting all excited when RougeHallow released his FO3 iron sights mod way back when, but since FNV had it built in it was one less mod I had to add to my install. On a side note, I picked up the rest of the FNV DLCs and I'm using the TTW mod, so I have the best of both games...fantastic atmosphere of the DC wasteland and all the technical improvements of FNV. You should check it out, if you haven't already done so.

N~dles

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next