Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault boom ghoul marvel Call Superpele hunk Gear Mask Overhaul khan NPCs Armor commonwealth daryl body Reforged Ryse mandalorian money FCOM boomers wolfenstein machine riot dead
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

FO3 or NV?
Fallout 3
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap37%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 55 ]
Fallout New Vegas
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap63%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 148

AuthorMessage
TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Fallout 3 - by a lot.

If I could have taken the bomb from Megaton and set it off in the heart of New Vegas, I would have been happier.

I just did not like any of the factions in New Vegas, and really, truly did not care what faction controlled the titular city.

It just did not feel like a city.

The Auld Grump
Back to top Go down
CrazyCat

CrazyCat

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:19 am

New vegas whilst 3 had a much stronger story , new vegas introduced a lot of new features that i liked such as unique weapons that has unique models/textures unlike 3 also iron sights,weapon mods,ammo types ,factions,more player homes that could be upgraded,Companion wheel, better companions with quests related to their backgrounds,Lots of weapons,A large variety in quest and the amount of quests were greatly increased,Hardcore mode,gambling,multiple companions and much more.

a Personal thing that i liked about the game was the NCR veteran armour as in fallout 3 i was not able to find a armour that i truly liked.

.In addition to this the engine has a lot more features that allows for better and more structural mods, a good example would be MCM mod what makes mods a lot more user friendly but also makes mods feel official , as fallout 3 mods usually involved a computer being added to the inventory were the player could configure the mod.Somethings that i like about New vegas is that there are more reloading animations for modders to use/ New vegas is more popular in terms of modding allowing it to have regular mods made for the game, however this is in my opinion makes the game stronger.

Fallout 3 is still brilliant , with the rich story and great voice acting of Liam Neeson(Dad) and Erik Todd Dellums(Three dog) and many more however it's the gameplay that lacks making it the better one for me anyway.

prophet275

prophet275

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:24 am

I like both games, but, I prefer Fallout 3 to NV because it feels more like a post apocalyptic world, with the buildings made of rusted scrap metal, the large assortmant of mutated creatures, the constant threat of radiation, whereas IMO NV was basically just a desert with run down buildings, Though Lonesome Road did bring back some of that Fallout 3 feel I will admit.

HarrisonMcCormack

HarrisonMcCormack

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:26 am

I have to like NV better it feels more longer and more side quests then Fallout 3
Back to top Go down
CrazyCat

CrazyCat

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:29 am

prophet275 wrote:
I like both games, but, I prefer Fallout 3 to NV because it feels more like a post apocalyptic world, with the buildings made of rusted scrap metal, the large assortmant of mutated creatures, the constant threat of radiation, whereas IMO NV was basically just a desert with run down buildings, Though Lonesome Road did bring back some of that Fallout 3 feel I will admit.

That's a pretty good point regarding survival , i guess both games focus on a different type of survival with fallout 3 being more find clean water, stay clean and away from radiation and new vegas in my opinion focuses more on bush-craft.  Smile 

Cotonball

Cotonball

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:22 pm

prophet275 wrote:

I also felt that Fallout 3 had more locations to explore, like the National Archives, the Arlington Cemetery, and the Lincoln Memorial. New Vegas felt more like empty sand, with the only exciting locations was the Strip and the Dam. Fallout 3 also had Three Dog, while New Vegas had a boring Mr. New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
TheHulksCousin

TheHulksCousin

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:26 pm

I love tale of Two Wastelands. It has nearly perfect integration of all the things i love about FO3 along with the great features of NV. But, if I had to choose, I'd say FO3. It just had a lot more work put into it, in my opinion.

OakshieldDream

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Both games are really fantastic.The Fallout 3 introduces you to the world of Fallout for later play New Vegas. More choices in New Vegas, but Fallout 3 has something that if you play, you hooked and can not say , I'm bored . Personalmente, I prefer Fallout 3.

Nivea

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Vegas for the better story and characters, I find it much better overall with characters then FO3 and you at least feel like you have choices. Everyone is more a "person" then in FO3 they have likes and dislikes, they have actual character.

FO3 has better "the world just ended look", though I am unsure how well that plays into lore of the Fallout time line. It has much more atmosphere with better buildings and more places to explore.

FNV: RPG and Story
FO3: Atmosphere
Back to top Go down
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/55918/?
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:27 pm

I'll have to agree with Nivea here. Although I played Fallout 3 first, and still am in love with that first moment when you exit the Vault, New Vegas felt much more alive and definitely gave me a laugh.

The one thing I do really enjoy about Fallout 3 though...the random as hell Chinese Remnants.
Back to top Go down
Blackrose

Blackrose

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:31 pm

I prefer Fallout 3
Firstly because it was one of the first games I ever played (it took me a while to get into gaming TongueTril)
I like the feeling alot better, aka the feeling of being alone in a wide atmosphere, and it just felt more like a survival game. I love the story alot better than New Vegas because honestly in New Vegas its basically: "you're a courier who got shot in the head over a package and you choose which side you want to help" while in Fallout 3 I cared alot more about helping the people of the capital wasteland get freshwater, i also cared for my dad and i wanted to destroy the enclave cause of how evil they were.
Fallout New Vegas I feel is better in some ways mostly because of iron sites, different ammo types, factions and so on. But i still feel that Fallout 3 is alot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:51 pm

I prefer 3 as well, and by a wide margin.  The setting, NPCs (generally speaking, NV does have a handful of standouts) music and just the atmosphere of the game in general are all much more memorable to me.

NV does improve on a lot of things from Fallout 3, but honestly most of those innovations were in Fallout 3 first as mods (e.g. weapon modifications).
Back to top Go down
gman56

gman56

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:47 pm

I prefer Fallout 3 simply because of its post-apocalyptic feel to it. In 3 there were many enemies to fight from raiders to super mutants. In New Vegas it feels too civilized and has too much of a western feel rather than a post-apocalyptic feel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 2:05 pm

gman56 wrote:
I prefer Fallout 3 simply because of its post-apocalyptic feel to it. In 3 there were many enemies to fight from raiders to super mutants. In New Vegas it feels too civilized and has too much of a western feel rather than a post-apocalyptic feel.

This. Exactly this. I was so excited to play NV, but the setting and music and really just the atmosphere of the game in general fell flat with me.
Back to top Go down
H3nryBoy

H3nryBoy

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Fallout 3 felt like bethesda they didn't care for the older games, as a fan of the first two games i feel more at home with New Vegas, also NV mods are way better.

jwarner007

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Hard question, wow. With mods: New Vegas. Without: Fallout 3

I prefer a lot of the improvements in New Vegas, especially the systems that they added in. However, I preferred the characters and story of Fallout 3 more. Fallout 3 also had more interesting DLCs to me as well.

New Vegas was interesting with the whole faction war behind the story, but it felt incomplete to me. Almost as if someone decided to give a shortened version of it. Plus the fact that you could continue Fallout 3 after the main story was nice. (with Broken Steel)

Overall, their both great games, but Fallout 3 used more of its potential than New Vegas did.

[WIP][FO4] Halo: Covenant Armory

XPS 9560: 32GB RAM, i7, 1TB SX8200 Pro SSD, Akitio Node Pro w/ RTX 2080 TI FE
DanCase A4 V4.1: 32GB 3600Mhz G.Skill RAM, Ryzen 3800x, RTX 2080 TI FE, 1TB SX8200 Pro SSD, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0, 4TB WD Blue.
Back to top Go down
toolio20

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Kinda stoked to see so much love for FO3!

To add my 2¢, I think FO3 is an all-around better game than NV based on the many reasons already listed. Maybe it's just comfort or nostalgia or the like, but I just can't seem to get into NV, and basically only have it installed so I can use it's GECK to convert mods.
Back to top Go down
VanceStubbs

VanceStubbs

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 12:25 am

H3nryBoy wrote:
Fallout 3 felt like bethesda they didn't care for the older games, as a fan of the first two games i feel more at home with New Vegas, also NV mods are way better.

I agree with this. Even though F3 had great atmosphere, main story writing was awful and I really disliked "bad guys vs good guys" plot. The reason I find NV better is that you can join both NCR or Legion and nor of them are actually good.
Back to top Go down
famaine

famaine

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 2:16 am

hello everyone, i honestly would perfer fallout 3 it gave more of a apocalypse type of feeling but fallout new vegas came with updates for us modders as already being able to use iron sights on weapons, but overall i personally think fallout 3 had a better story but fallout new vegas wins because of the updates easy for us to mod

also fallout new vegas has better enbs

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blackrose

Blackrose

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 5:25 am

famaine wrote:
also fallout new vegas has better enbs

Spoiler:

I agree with that, most of the ENBs for Fallout 3 aren't vary good, and the modding community for fallout 3 has practically stopped sadly. But Fallout 3 has some really awesome mods still.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next