Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk upgrades machine Ryse daryl riot NPCs Call ghoul FCOM marvel Mask space dead wolfenstein boomers commonwealth mandalorian vault Reforged khan boom money Superpele Gear body
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Game becoming unstable after certain play time Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Game becoming unstable after certain play time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

Game becoming unstable after certain play time Empty
PostSubject: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:27 am

I've started playing TTW again but I have found that once I play a certain amount of time my save becomes unstable and eventually unplayable. Would this issue have to do with using a quick save now and then or can the game just not handle a save with too much play time and how would I be able to stop my game becoming unstable.
Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:39 am

Unstable how exactly? I've notice that new games always have more FPS than an old save. For example, when going into the DC wasteland with TTW on a save that has 200+ hours I usually have between 25-30 FPS, but with a new game I just started that has 10+ hours I have somewhere between 35-44 FPS.

Colonel_Skifell

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:43 am

I've had this issue aswell. Found out that it is caused by an internal code issue. After a certain amount of time the game's credentials and sequences collide with each other and unleashes chaos. I tried everything in order to fix it but because the problem originates with newer code colliding with older I believe reinstalling the darn thing is the only option, were for me. But there might be others more familiar with such problems and fixes that could provide you with a different solution. But it never got fixed for me

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet
Name: Ben (Blaze) Maddox
Faction: Raider
Level: 62

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:53 am

When I had this problem I solved it with a complete reinstall.

The process I took was.

1. Uninstall all mods with scripts and do "clean" saves.
2. Uninstall every mod
3. Uninstall FNV / TTW
4. Delete FNVs folder in steam apps
5. Reinstall everything

Ever since then I have had no problems. I think the issue can arise when you keep installing / uninstalling mods that are heavy on scripts. But that's just a guess.

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:11 am

@AdvancedTerror But, I for once use MO, which "technically" doesn't install mods in the data folder. Does this still apply in this case? Or would I only have to reinstall Fallout?

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:28 am

@mpaz96 if it is all of the script mods (mods that req nvse) then yeah they could still be causing the problems as when you save the game you also save the script if that makes any sense. Basically, the scripts become part of the savegame, when installing / uninstalling others this can cause conflicts and yeah maybe cause the issues your having.

I use NMM, with the method I said it resolved the problem, but I was never 100% on what caused it in the first place. I just read that scripts can mess up your game if you're reckless with them.

I would also add that you can never truly have a clean save once you use scripts and save the game. As they get embedded to the save. So it's possible that even a full reinstall may not work for you. It did work for me though.

Delineator

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:40 am

AdvancedTerror wrote:
I would also add that you can never truly have a clean save once you use scripts and save the game. As they get embedded to the save. So it's possible that even a full reinstall may not work for you. It did work for me though.

Wouldn't the only solution be to start a new game without any mods? Reinstalling isn't going to affect the save files, and scripts aren't going to affect the main executable permanently.

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:47 am

I actually tried uninstalling as many mods as possible to fix any issues but it didn't change anything and the save was still unstable but I did find out that the bigger mods like the large NMC texture packs can reduce the total hours you can play for.
Back to top Go down
AdvancedTerror

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:53 am

All I can say is that it did work for me, and I use a lot of scripted mods.

It's possible that yeah some saves will be unplayable, but I haven't encountered this yet, all my saves run fine after the reinstall and that was about 2 months ago.

I'm a lot more careful now about installing new mods. But Like I and @Delineator say this may not work for you. It's a "do this at your own risk" scenario.

I'm just sharing my solution to this problem.

Great Teacher Alex wrote:
I actually tried uninstalling as many mods as possible to fix any issues but it didn't change anything and the save was still unstable but I did find out that the bigger mods like the large NMC texture packs can reduce the total hours you can play for.

Does this happen even if you start a new game?

Also, just to clarify the issue. After playing for a few hours your game starts to become unplayable (stuttering or low frame rate)?

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 am

Isn't this save bloating ?

To be sure that thats not the case how big are your saves ?

In skyrim this is a common issue as wel caused by heavy script mods.
Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 am

I should mention that I believe I read somewhere that this issue happened with old save because it had to load more things than a new save, for example dead NPCs bodies and objects that maybe you dropped or moved, the game loads exactly where they were when you move/dropped or kill this things.

AdvancedTerror

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:07 am

mpaz96 wrote:
I should mention that I believe I read somewhere that this issue happened with old save because it had to load more things than a new save, for example dead NPCs bodies and objects that maybe you dropped or moved, the game loads exactly where they were when you move/dropped or kill this things.

Theres a utility to fix that: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49396/?

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:09 am

@AdvancedTerror Yeah, I know about it, but read the posts, the application still has some major problems and the author seems to stop working on it.

SaturnCeleste

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 am

I've started playing TTW again but I have found that once I play a certain amount of time my save becomes unstable and eventually unplayable. Would this issue have to do with using a quick save now and then or can the game just not handle a save with too much play time and how would I be able to stop my game becoming unstable.

Honestly turn off all your auto saves.  They really mess up the game for some reason.  You'll need to remember to save often but the quick saves are hard on a game.  And make sure to save in increments, never overwrite your saves, ever.  Also keep your save folder small.  When I get over 200 saves or so, I remove them to a safe folder for later if I need them.

For MO users, if your game gets unstable and you've been adding mods, make sure to LOOT!!!  Also use the MO archive invalidation.  If you don't know how to do that, I'll help you.  

And when you're in Freeside, make sure to save before entering and exiting the Freeside doors.  Freeside is the buggiest location in the game and there are so many damned mods in Freeside that only make it worse.  If you're using a Freeside home, I suggest getting rid of it if you crash a lot while in Freeside.  The train station is in Freeside so make sure to save before you go into the train station.  Once inside, it runs fine.

And anyone who isn't using Mod Organizer, please reconsider using it.  It's truly the best program out there for running your game, especially if you have to juggle mods around testing your game.  The Skyrim MO works for Fallout also.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

AdvancedTerror wrote:
mpaz96 wrote:

Theres a utility to fix that: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49396/?

Oh now this is awesome!  Thank you so much for the link!
EDIT:  I was reading the comments on this mod and it might break the Rivet City bridge.  For TTW users that would be a problem because even though there is a fix for the Rivet City Bridge, it's an actual FO3 mod.  That might be a problem for some users like me who don't know how to port mods.  I know my method of saving works and aside from a few occasional crashes, my game runs really stable.  I just save a lot and in increments. Wink

Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 1:32 pm

AdvancedTerror wrote:

Does this happen even if you start a new game?

Also, just to clarify the issue. After playing for a few hours your game starts to become unplayable (stuttering or low frame rate)?
I don't really get a low frame rate but I'll get crashes more often and my game becomes unstable at the 60 hours mark if I have mods which add new places but if I remove all mods that add quests and areas I can extend the play time by another 10-20 hours.
Back to top Go down
SaturnCeleste

SaturnCeleste

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 pm

if I have mods which add new places but if I remove all mods that add quests and areas I can extend the play time by another 10-20 hours.

You could have mod conflicts then. Also, as I said earlier, for some reason some cells are more unstable than others, Freeside is the worst for me. If you run XRE-CARS, the area along the highway going from the Outpost to Nipton is very unstable because of the racetrack that mod adds to that cell. Also make sure all your mods are up to date. If you haven't updated your NVSE for awhile you should, I think it was updated in April or May of this year so keep an eye on those types of notifications.

Mythic842

Mythic842

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:19 pm

did something like this not happen in skyrim for ps3?

"Day by day, Humanity is falling! World by world, we are loosing! The threat cannot be greater as it seeks to extinguish the very existence of humanity and will stop at nothing to destroy us, this enemy is the Covenant! Except It Will Stop For Us because we will stand and face the enemy, no matter what it is whether it is the Covenant, Terrorists, Insurgents or beyond we will crush the threat and see that UNSC interests are accomplished. We are the first and last line of defence! We are the defenders of humanity! We are Spartans!"
~Spartan Mythic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Mythic842 wrote:
did something like this not happen in skyrim for ps3?

You are correct. With PS3 Skyrim, the further you went into the game, the larger the save files got which made the games less stable.

With games running tons of mods, that creates a load of extra data that has to be written into the saves, or generated within the cells that are loaded, etc... eventually that catches up.

This is why I always shoot down the 'we should be able to use as many mods as we want!' crowd. Unlimited mods would utterly destroy the stability your game, and almost guarantee conflicts and corrupted save files.

Back to top Go down
Nochance

Nochance

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 1:04 am

I had the same issue, but after close and reopen the game everything come back to normal.
Back to top Go down
rgordonjr

rgordonjr

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 4:22 am

There's a mod called "save key" on Nexus that sets f12 as a save game key. Every time you tap it, it creates a whole new save game and does not overwrite anything. You will need to reassign the screenshot key if you use it though.

For game stability I also find that once things start getting a bit stuttery or choppy, I have to issue the pcb command. Once I do that everything smooths out and all is well. If I don't do it the game gets unstable and a ctd follows soon thereafter. There are mods that do this automatically however from what I have seen (in mine and my sons games) this will often break scripts.

Earlier someone mentioned that the scripts in use are kept in your save game once they are loaded. This is one reason why the only way you can truly get a clean save once you have quest mods installed is to to start over. Some of the save game cleaners help but from what I've seen they don't get everything really cleaned out - there will usually be artifacts that wont go away...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game becoming unstable after certain play time   Game becoming unstable after certain play time Empty

Back to top Go down

Game becoming unstable after certain play time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1