Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
space mandalorian Ryse commonwealth riot hunk daryl NPCs upgrades Call khan marvel Mask vault body wolfenstein ghoul FCOM Reforged machine dead Gear Superpele money boom boomers
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Empty
PostSubject: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 pm

I am not using an ENB, just FNV Realistic Wasteland lighting as my lighting mod.
I noticed this strange phenomenon occurring about 2 - 4 months ago.
When using the game's AA (highest option), I notice strange flashes of white spots and blotches on the games landscape, some near, some far away, some big, some tiny. After research on the issue, I found out it was a driver related issue and that is was a problem for Nvidia users back in the launch days who were using the latest drivers released at the time. Therefore, I can only assume that my latest (or second-latest) driver has is causing these artifacts (as I could have sworn this has only started recently, or at least I started noticing them recently).

I've tried a fix in which involved changing the game's AA in nvidia inspector to Fallout 3's or something and that didn't work.
I've tried using an SMAA injector as an alternative, but it is not as good as the vanilla game's AA at its highest setting.
I am currently also not using ENBs, as I want that super smooth fps with minimal drops and/or graphical glitches.

I am using a GTX 980.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:36 pm

I, too, experienced these little glitches when using FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting mod. This happened on both my original Titan and currently Titan X no matter what driver I was using. What it turned-out to be was I had to reset the RenderInfo.txt file. Once this was reset the problem went away.

What you'll need to do is back-up your .ini and .txt files which, if you run Windows 7, are located in \My Games\FalloutNV folder. Once those files are backed-up, delete the RenderInfo.txt file, run the FalloutNVLauncher.exe which will then re-detect your video card and create a new RenderInfo.txt. Once the new file is created, you'll need to edit both .ini files to add-in any removed settings you had previously. Run the game through the mod manager of your choice and see if that corrects the issue. It did for me.

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:46 pm

AceGoober wrote:
I, too, experienced these little glitches when using FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting mod. This happened on both my original Titan and currently Titan X no matter what driver I was using. What it turned-out to be was I had to reset the RenderInfo.txt file. Once this was reset the problem went away.

What you'll need to do is back-up your .ini and .txt files which, if you run Windows 7, are located in \My Games\FalloutNV folder. Once those files are backed-up, delete the RenderInfo.txt file, run the FalloutNVLauncher.exe which will then re-detect your video card and create a new RenderInfo.txt. Once the new file is created, you'll need to edit both .ini files to add-in any removed settings you had previously. Run the game through the mod manager of your choice and see if that corrects the issue. It did for me.
Alright, thanks!
I will try this. One question though; as you said that I had to back up my .inis and then re-enter any changes in them after I delete the RendererInfo.txt file, does that mean they get reset or something? Can't I just restore the backups I made?

Sorry, just wanna be 100% sure before doing anything, you know what this game is like...
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:53 pm

The launcher is supposed to use settings stored in the Falloutprefs.ini though that has not always happened. You could restore the two .ini files you backed-up but I'd suggest making a copy of the new .ini files before doing that.

eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:00 pm

AceGoober wrote:
The launcher is supposed to use settings stored in the Falloutprefs.ini though that has not always happened. You could restore the two .ini files you backed-up but I'd suggest making a copy of the new .ini files before doing that.
Unfortunately, that didn't work.
I backed them all up, deleted the RendererInfo.txt, ran the launcher (which didn't check my GPU), launched the game through my 4GB shortcut and the annoying graphics bugs are still there. the RendererInfo.txt was created again after i launched the game as it was there after I exited out.
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:38 pm

That's odd...the FalloutNVLauncher.exe has always detected/re-detected the video card on first run after removing the RenderInfo.txt file.

Try removing both .ini files and the RenderInfo.txt file, then run the FalloutNVLauncher.exe.

eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:45 pm

AceGoober wrote:
That's odd...the FalloutNVLauncher.exe has always detected/re-detected the video card on first run after removing the RenderInfo.txt file.

Try removing both .ini files and the RenderInfo.txt file, then run the FalloutNVLauncher.exe.
Yep, well this time it did check my GPU, however the problem still isn't fixed Sad
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:29 am

In the nVidia GeForce Experience panel, have you ran the optimization? If not, don't do it as it can mess with the game.

Have you performed a clean graphics driver install then rebooted your computer?

eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
MaxoftheRocks

MaxoftheRocks

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:34 am

AceGoober wrote:
In the nVidia GeForce Experience panel, have you ran the optimization? If not, don't do it as it can mess with the game.

Have you performed a clean graphics driver install then rebooted your computer?

Nope, never touched NV in Geforce Experience.
When you say clean driver install, do you mean uninstalling it (and any other drivers that may be present) and reinstalling it again?
Is there an easy way to do that? Can it be done through Geforce Experience?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.   White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled. Empty

Back to top Go down

White spots and flashes with vanilla AA enabled.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1