Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine upgrades Gear boom NPCs khan Superpele wolfenstein hunk FCOM Reforged Mask boomers vault body riot Ryse commonwealth dead ghoul marvel space money Call daryl mandalorian
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickpox111

Pickpox111

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Hard choice. Both are pretty cool. I'll admit, I spend most of my time in F:NV, but the story of FO3 was much better in my own opinion.

I guess I'd have to say F:NV, but it's really not better than FO3. Just different in small ways.

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:17 pm

Fallout 3 is definitely a great game, both are really. But each are better at different things. Fallout 3 captures the world and atmosphere a lot better than new vegas, and I found myself exploring fallout 3's world a lot more than new vegas's. New Vegas definitely one up'ed 3 on storytelling and roleplaying. And with all the DLC's being intertwined that made the story that much more interesting. Personally I like New Vegas more than 3 because I like the stories/quests better, as well as having a more active mod community. But 3 will always be known as the necessary first step towards the future of the series.
Back to top Go down
Elroy911

Elroy911

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Both are good games but i liked New Vegas more because it had more of the original fallout vibe.

skydoeshalo

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:41 pm

i like fnv more because i think it haas more of a fullfiling vibe

Rubarbsm

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 10:53 pm

For game-play definitely FNV but as for story I would have to choose fallout 3. I suppose it also doesn't help FO3's case that it was incredibly buggy for modern windows 7 machines, so I guess I lean more towards FNV. :<

story of my life
Back to top Go down
Usmctp83

Usmctp83

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 4:45 am

By far New Vegas. F3 just never struck the right cord with me. FNV also feels a lot more fimilair to me because of where I'm from. Being in southwestern Oklahoma, there's a lot of open space with relatively view things between destinations and it's very sandy where I'm at plus the whole Cowboy thing is pretty much how I was raised anyway
Back to top Go down
Zxcvbnmaustin

Zxcvbnmaustin

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:35 am

I love both hands down. But, if I have to pick one as my favorite. It would be NV, because NV has a better roleplaying atmosphere. You can do whatever you want, pretty much. I'll always have fond memories of Fallout 3 though, as it was my first Fallout game. But I was young when I first played it.... I was scared every time I went into a metro.
Back to top Go down
skyrimgamernoob

skyrimgamernoob

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 am

Definitely New Vegas, the modding community is more active for NV, and the Courier is just a bad***
Back to top Go down
HaroldBatman

HaroldBatman

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Fallout 3 has greenness all over everything and I can never find my way around the capital wasteland, as opposed to Fallout New Vegas which is a (somewhat) barren desert where I never get lost (Except for dead Money and the interiors). It also has better mods.
Back to top Go down
paha989

paha989

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Fallout new vegas is in my opinion better. Only thing that i don't like it is the fact that there are a lot of areas that are just empty.

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:28 pm

I preferred Fallout 3 overall, but New Vegas had some better features,

FO3 had a better map, a better story, and better DLC. New Vegas had weapon mods, hardcore mode, more diverse weapons.

One of the things that makes me think less of NV is the map. It's practically a circle. When you start out, you can really only go in one direction because the other paths lead to death. If you get a picture of the NV map and color in the areas you cant walk, you have a very pathetic map. While I like the large empty spaces in NV, they are placed in horrible areas. I would like them to be between major areas so you have to pass through them, but they are located in areas you never need to go so they are just a waste of space.

NV DLC was fairly "meh" quality. OWB pretty much catered to energy weapons and science skill. I never use energy weapons and my science is usually fairly low so I found the DLC to be bad. HH was decent, but the man quest was far too short and the map was pretty small and travelling through it was obnoxious. DM had a great theme to it and had great plot and characters, but the invulnerable holograms and the ridiculously annoying radios made it almost unbearable. I would have preferred more quest time in the villa and more fighting/scavenging among the ghost people. LR was honestly crap. It was very confusing and the story only came out in very small fragments.

NV had better gameplay aspects like iron-sights, hardcore mode, and better weapons. It also had better mods.

FO3 had a much better map. It was very open. you could go in any direction. The further out you went, the tougher the enemies were. The metro tunnels were kind of annoying/dull to navigate, but the city ruins were fun. Megaton is also the bomb(see what I did there?). It's a great post apocalyptic town. It really has the "jury-rigged" feel to it what with everything being made of rusted scrap metal. It truly felt like a hub town. It felt very secure and homey.

FO3 DLC was far better. PL was fairly fun. It was fun to explore. TP was my favorite, but unfortunately it was a little too short. MZ was comical and fun. OA was an interesting new twist on gameplay. BS was great because it let you continue the game.
Back to top Go down
FieldPyro

FieldPyro

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:03 am

Fallout 3 anyday. Unfortunately, it is buggy as hell, which means that i cant play it without installing TTW. Regardless, I found it to be a far superior game in terms of substance and memorable characters. It was a truly unique experience, whereas I felt New Vegas kinda piggybacked on 3. Vegas had more stuff to do, but it wasnt nearly as interesting IMO as what 3's side quests were.

misfitfiend17

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Fallout 3 FTW, the urban setting the constant battles around each block the radio music it all had me although the modifications for New Vegas were an amazing feature but FO3 is my favorite especially the story line/ plot

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Tumblr_static_graves
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Overall I'd have to say New Vegas, the animations are better and the mods I use aren't all available for FO3.

However I do love the D.C, I wish i could just visit the D.C. Map. I know there's mods for it like TTW but I just feel i'd break my game trying to get it to work so I don't bother

Back to top Go down
yllmatoshi

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 11:02 pm

for me the story was better at fallout 3 but at the gameplay standpoint its new vegas but TTW was the perfect mod for me

SpaceLord21

Character sheet
Name: the Madgod
Faction: Daedric Princes
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Fallout 3. One of the biggest things I want in a game is the vastness and amount of interesting things in a world. I want to explore and see new and unique things, and Fallout 3's world was VASTLY superior to that of NV. Yes I know that time constraints limited Obsidian but really that doesn't matter. We're not judging Obsidian we're judging Fallout: New Vegas, and in my personal opinion, it's worldspace was boring and lacked new things to do. Fallout 3 always had a new random encounter in a new area just around the corner and every experience was unique, New Vegas lacked this. Don't get me wrong I enjoy New Vegas but my experience with Fallout 3 was much more memorable and fun.

Another thing that I love about Fallout 3: The post-war 50's vibe was much more present in Fallout 3 than New Vegas. New Vegas seemed to lack a certain, post-apocalyptic 1950's feeling that I got in FO3. This aura of cliche optimism gone awash by nuclear fire isn't present in NV for understandable reasons. I mean NV is developing it's own cultures and it's atmosphere draws much more from the original games than FO3, which is alright and I think is perfectly fine but Fallout 3's atmosphere was much more appealing to my personal tastes.

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 This_is_useless_star_wars
Back to top Go down
Decer

Decer

Character sheet
Name: Asurah
Faction: Rapists of New World
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 1:02 pm

FO3. The First one, is an atmosphere, Inon Zur's music is pretty depressive, destroyed DC, more interesting characters. And every time i see FO4 gameplays, it reminds me of FO3, same atmosphere, same composer, same depressive feeling...

FNV is good, its mechanics, gunplay, is good, but, that "Western" feeling, damn, i don't like it
Im get very sad and angry, when my Tale of Two Wastelands refused to launch....

Ah, and the story of course!
Fuck that Legion_Benny_plat._chip_revenge_shit. During my FO3 experience, i really worried about "Dad"..

Noah_Burns

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Fallout New Vegas Felt to me like a true fallout game, it's in the west, civilization is rebuilding, and you are just thrown in the middle of it. F03 feels more like the game takes place like 30 years after the bombs fell not 200. I believe if Obsidian was given 4 years instead of 18 months to make FNV they could have made one of the best damn games ever.

SomeKid123

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:04 am

Easily fallout 3, now this might just be nostalgia talking but god I have so many great memory of fallout 3, mainly because it was the first game I ever played
Back to top Go down
tatas

tatas

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:28 pm

@"SpaceLord21" fallout 3 worldmap is copy pasted you say it has more encounters and loot places but most of it is copy pasted and its filled with dungeons that wherever they are train stations or bunkers look alike. There were barely any settlements in fallout 3, fallout nv one the other hand had alot of settlements that were connected with quests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next