Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
mandalorian daryl Call money Gear machine ghoul FCOM wolfenstein Superpele marvel hunk khan vault upgrades boom Mask NPCs boomers body commonwealth riot Reforged space dead Ryse
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
what if the ncr and legion became allies? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

what if the ncr and legion became allies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jarhead505

Jarhead505

what if the ncr and legion became allies? Empty
PostSubject: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 3:32 am

look I know it would never happen but what you guys think would happen. I think it would be a unstoppable force to be wrecked with.
Back to top Go down
SuperDuperMutant

SuperDuperMutant

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 4:40 am

As you said, it could never happen given the vast differences between the cultures of the groups. But in a purely hypothetical situation, I think we'd end up with something similar to the 3 branches of the US Government, but only a Senate and an Executive, making something similar to the Roman Republic (Likely without slavery of course).

Militarily, I'm sure there'd be some mixing, Rangers with Centurions for example.

nickrica

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:02 am

What if the Allies joined forces with the Axis in WW2? Or if the Union joined forces with the Confederates during the Civil War? That would've made those wars so much more epic! Wink lol

djadamson

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:24 am

If they did join forces I think each side would get quite a few deserters because they didn't want to work with members from the other group, also it would be challenging when the group leaders sit down to discuss what is allowed and what isn't.
But if the two group join and govern the area together they might become too powerful which might cause civilians to rise and revolt against their leaders, which could then lead to battles or a war
Back to top Go down
TixIssence56

TixIssence56

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:34 am

This is like what drunk men discuss when they are drunk and is a good thing.

First of question we must answer is HOW they are going to become allies.

One possibility could be because of a new threat

SPOILERS

Spoiler:

Then they eliminate the threat and after that, they end the truce.

But what if they didn't? What happens next?

NCR and The Legion would have to discuss stuff about slavery and whatever the NCR thinks the Legion is doing "wrong". Then the Legion would probably enslave the NCR and rename the NCR to the New California Legion. Because they can. Then the Legion would continue what they are doing.

But yes, I seriously think that if they ally, the legion would just go and back stab the NCR.

MikeLefner

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 11:59 am

TixIssence56 wrote:

But what if they didn't? What happens next?

NCR and The Legion would have to discuss stuff about slavery and whatever the NCR thinks the Legion is doing "wrong". Then the Legion would probably enslave the NCR and rename the NCR to the New California Legion. Because they can. Then the Legion would continue what they are doing.

But yes, I seriously think that if they ally, the legion would just go and back stab the NCR.

I think that you think in absolutes. Even if NCR and Legion were to cooperate due to a new threat (which I think wouldn't happen because Legion are pompous asses and they wouldn't admit they need help) they wouldn't become too merged (they would never trust each other) for Legion to "enslave" NCR. I think that after defeating their mutual enemy the war would simply continue.
Back to top Go down
Marcos A

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:04 pm

nickrica wrote:
What if the Allies joined forces with the Axis in WW2? Or if the Union joined forces with the Confederates during the Civil War? That would've made those wars so much more epic! Wink lol
If the Union and Confederates joined together there would be no civil war and or it would end just like that lol.

As for the main topic of course it would never happen, they have completely different ideologies. Now what could seem plausible is one of the two factions subjugates the other. So one forces the other to become a military ally rather than wiping each other out. That would however cause a whole regime change in who runs each faction so president Kimball and the other NCR top leaders would be ousted, killed, or imprisoned because they are hardline supporters of the NCR and its values. Same goes for Caesar,and his top leaders, they would never change what they have been doing for years which is enslaving, torturing and conquering tribes ect. One who would rather die than be subjugated is Lanius , he will never join with the NCR period. Would be an odd pairing we have on one hand the upholders of democracy in the post war world and the totalitarian regime on the other. Only time that i could see them joining together is if there was a even greater threat than themselves.
Back to top Go down
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:20 pm

This would make an interesting mod, like your teleported to an alternate dimension where the legion and NCR have united under one leadership. And they carry on all the worst triats of the factions in your world.
They unite under the cruel hand of, the courier. Thats right courier six (or at least the evil version of courier six. Possibility dictates it doesnt have to be your character)
Point is The NCL(New California Legion) are cruel monsters and now its up to the man/women to find the scientist in this demension that sent him here and get the hell out before they get themselves killed.

But as is said, the union would never ever happen as they are too different. At the same time, IF they could agree on a situation where the legion patrol the roads, and the NCR protecting the larger settlements, realistically you could have a very safe land.
Back to top Go down
RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 12:53 pm

If both are allies, then all hell gone loose
Back to top Go down
Sentience

Sentience

Character sheet
Name: The Lone Courier
Faction: Independent
Level: 41 /50

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Well in that case we wouldn't have the wonderful game of Fallout: New Vegas, and I would have to settle with Fallout: 3. Which would make me very, very sad.

In that case game wise though, what faction would be able to contest them? how would they be able to merge their creative differences of slavery and freedom? Questions you have to ask yourself...It just wouldn't work, and for sure wouldn't last.

OakshieldDream

OakshieldDream

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Mmm, very good question.
I think it would be impossible, unless the emergence of a powerful enough to end the two factions threat, even being so doubt that may arise an alliance (completely opposite beliefs and values).
A big hug guys!.

huntman75

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 am

I believe the only way that would happen is if the Legion conquered the NCR or simply annexed them and just fused the NCR's army with the Legion. I do believe though that the Legion would become to thinned out to keep their territory. They were spreading to quickly and would crumble under their own weight once Caesar died.

what if the ncr and legion became allies? Wp_20113

KCCO!
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 am

NCR and Legion would only be allies if aliens invaded Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 2:10 am

If somehow they did become allies I feel they would go east and attempt to conquer the midwestern Brotherhood of Steel
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
kylekilla6

kylekilla6

PostSubject: Would They Become Allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:36 am

Never, there backgrounds are completely opposite , the legion are literally savages , and the ncr is actually trying to help out somewhat.
Back to top Go down
farts30

farts30

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 8:48 am

"Women of the world take over, 'cause if you don't the world will come to an end and it won't take long."

All the parties are formed. All the gangs are born. The Beast has been chosen. Who is going to win in the end? We'll set fire to the shore. We'll set fire to the sea. We'll set fire to the meadow. We'll bring this whole world to it's knees.
Back to top Go down
Ozma17

Ozma17

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:38 am

As you said this couldn't happen, reasons being that their approach and views on disaplin, power and how to handle people are just to vastly different. NCR train their people to become strong soldiers and if they make a mistake, are suspended or put to a worse post. Legion also train their soldiers but if they make a mistake, death is normally the punishment. Take Joshua graham for example, made a mistake and was burnt and thrown off the Grand Canyon. If they were allies and that happened a massive dispute would surely happen.
In leadership legion has one ruler who rules with all power and is very harsh, in NCR it is more of a diplomacy. When civillians are bad e.g. Powder gangers the legion crucifys them where NCR in prisons them. The views on this are just to great and vast for an alliance to ever happen.
Not to mention the hate soldier of each army has for each other.
And cesar is also dead

Grawnx10

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 1:40 am

to honest no, the ncr are corrupted but good folks and the legion arent what they say the legion is like the NCR corrupted too. NCR killed an entire village at bittersprings, the legion kill and enslave the khans. I tried bring alliance with the khans and ncr, but theyre were upset. I choose yes man to take over vegas or mr.house.
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 5:06 am

I'm assuming it would looks something like this:

Spoiler:

AshurForrester

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 6:27 am

Nah. I don't think they ever would. The only way I could ever see it happening would be what TixIssence56 said and that they would only "unite" if something was going to eliminate both of the factions, although very very unlikely. Even if they would unite, I still feel like they'd feud and fight because their ideals are completely different. The Legion seeks to enslave everyone because they are weak and the NCR want to protect everyone for the same reason. That's what I think anyway.

Good question!

I must admit that I do not have a large knowledge of lore on the NCR or the Legion. Only what I gather from the endgame cinematics.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what if the ncr and legion became allies?   what if the ncr and legion became allies? Empty

Back to top Go down

what if the ncr and legion became allies?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next