Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
NPCs hunk boom wolfenstein body money daryl boomers ghoul khan Reforged dead Superpele Ryse FCOM Gear Call machine upgrades vault commonwealth mandalorian Mask marvel riot space
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Uploading mods to nexus Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Uploading mods to nexus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

Uploading mods to nexus Empty
PostSubject: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 12:54 pm

I was talking to one of my friends today as he has recently been getting into modding fallout and was asking me why I didn't upload to the nexus. I was wondering if those mod authors on the network have uploaded to the nexus and how different is it.
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 2:56 pm

A lot more stuff to fill out, more complaints, unwanted/unasked for critiques from the more well known mod authors when you threaten their perfect world it's like they fear your going to dethrone or outshine them but that's been my case where my mods slammed a very well known mod author in votes for the month shadowing their release. If you get donations it can be rewarding. But here you know you can release stuff and the community takes it as it is a mod made out of fun for others to have fun. The nexus can be a bit stressful if the top modders there feel they are threatened. For me it's funny on the nexus, walk in release a mod that can take mod of the month then walk away. Releasing here is so much easier, no drama, no bs we are all on equal ground.

Last edited by donta1979 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:13 pm

when you do something really big that can outshine the big guys's mods ...it will be a Hornet's Nest, everyone will try to slam you on the ground with harsh critics, complaints and all just to make a statement of their dominance like dogs do...plus watch out for the pseudo-vigilantes who try to make the moderatorss believe you ported stuff...when you did not thus unfairly getting you kicked out just to shine at the eyes of their Moderator Masters like mere minions...

I contemplate nexus only because a vast majority of users is there ( and in case i want to go big and need as many ways of distribution as possible) because it's an "official" mod page ( with even a subscribe section, that's why they don'ty want ported stuff).

So, to make it short: The rules at the nexus are justified for the kind of site it is ( a forum with premium membership cannot steal content )...the members are just bunch of harsh assholes though

Last edited by pizzamonster94 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Svide

Svide

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Ok, What donta said was exactly right but here's the thing. Mod authors here are here only for apparition . but don't get me wrong nexus has that and it's still awesome but some guys put a lot of hard work into their mods and they don't even get a thanks or anything. just people downloading it without saying a word and then getting comments "bitching" on how "broke" or "bad" it is making that author feel upset which these guys don't want." That and forums are always pretty cool than Nexus. Idk.

hitman47101

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:42 pm

The sheer amount of people on the nexus is the problem, when you get that many people in one place it goes to shit, same applies to almost everything, we're just like that, inevitable, but trying generalize that many people as "just bunch of harsh assholes" is just stupid bullshit, they're individuals each and every one, don't judge em on the behavior of others.  

The comments and feedback I've got on the mods I'm involved in on the nexus has been fine for the most part, the only problem i get is that people don't know how to help themselves, maybe it's unfair of me to expect stuff to be common knowledge but thing is it was a few years ago, people now are too used to having everything done for them.

I intend to upload my stuff there, it just won't be as supported as my stuff here usually is, i update the nexus versions every couple of GUN updates, it's just easier for me that way.

Last edited by hitman47101 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Nexus has some great people (I've learned a lot from some wonderful people there) and some not-so-great. The same can be said of any other forum, this one included.

What hurts their reputation is that some of the Nexus moderators tend to be heavy-handed, to a degree even I don't think is necessary. But I imagine when dealing with that many people, it probably reaches a point where you have to be harsh... unless you want trolls ruling your comments/forums.
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:01 pm

hitman47101 wrote:
The sheer amount of people on the nexus is the problem, when you get that many people in one place it goes to shit, same applies to almost everything, we're just like that, inevitable, but trying generalize that many people as "just bunch of harsh assholes" is just stupid bullshit, they're individuals each and every one, don't judge em on the behavior of others.  

The comments and feedback I've got on the mods I'm involved in on the nexus has been fine for the most part, the only problem i get is that people don't know how to help themselves, maybe it's unfair of me to expect stuff to be common knowledge but thing is it was a few years ago, people now are too used to having everything done for them.

I intend to upload my stuff there, it just won't be as supported as my stuff here usually is, i update the nexus versions every couple of GUN updates, it's just easier for me that way.

My quote applies to the vigilantes i told earlier...and i made it clear pointing out Nexus's Problem and why the rules...i just don't like people who badmouth-try to trick other to kick you out in order to find some sort of reward from it...these are just plain assholes Perod.

Modders (mod makers) themselves are actually nice as i have conversations regarding mod making and in that i agree with you...however i find myself lucky i am still in it without problems because i keep a low profile over there right now, i heard people get kicked out from the forums for simple bug-related questions for "harassement" so i don't even dare to do so.

Back to top Go down
TheAfterKing

TheAfterKing

Character sheet
Name: Hyper
Faction: STLM
Level: 9000

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:18 pm

I'll upload things to the nexus, It's a little bit easier because you don't have to use file share websites or other sites to share your images because you can just upload it straightly up to the nexus with your mod at the same time, but you can get banned very fast, they don't allow ripped content and you have to be carefully with what you upload.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIKXrd3uINwhtLA0uOfDbpQ?view_as
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:36 pm

I think I'll upload to the nexus but just smaller mods and I'll keep all my bigger stuff here on the gun network.

The nexus doesn't sound too bad but like everything it has its downsides and also thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
The Iron Ranger

The Iron Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm

Here is a quote from a complaint on the nexus about a reasonably popular mod. (I won't put any names or point fingers)

"Any one who downloads this mod is doing a disservice to the modding community of Fallout. This person has never made a mod before does not deserve mod of the month. #PcMasterRace"

No idea why the #PcMasterRace was necessary...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:39 pm

Sadly there is this childish rift of elitism between a lot of console players and PC gamers. The 'pcmasterrace' thing was mildly amusing at first, but now it has become the poster child for any instance of the PC version of a game being better.

Both consoles and PCs have their advantages. Consoles have a significant cost advantage and unified hardware - when you buy a game, you know it will work on your XB1/Wii U/PS4. PCs of course, have the edge in sheer power, modding of course, and performance scalability with things like graphic options, video card tweaks, etc.

And both have their gaming exclusives, which is why we (meaning my family) play games on PC and consoles. There's more than plenty of justification to use both.
Back to top Go down
The New Skynet

The New Skynet

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:15 pm

I find the PC Master Race thing amusing. To some extent it's kind of a satire thing, but like much satire there's a portion of people that doesn't actually think it's satire and actually believe it. On the other hand, it's also a response to the console owners who make such ridiculous claims as "the human eye can't see more than 30 frames per second anyways" and such like that.

Personally I'm a believer in the PC/Nintendo way of life. Have a PC for your "hardcore" gaming, and the current Nintendo system for the largest number of games that will never have a PC version, as well as for local multiplayer with friends.

That said, PCs are objectively better. They're by no means right for everyone, but neither is a high end sports/luxury car. That doesn't mean that the higher end car isn't objectively better, just that not everyone NEEDS that higher end car.

Though, PCs aren't as expensive as people always seem to think they are. You can get a PC that plays games at the same level as a modern console for similar pricing or even less than the console costs. It's just that as PCs go, that means it's not a terribly good one. The real main advantage of a console is the simplicity.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Back to top Go down
farts30

farts30

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:20 am

Like most internet communities it can be a boorish popularity contest. Are you saying hello to be nice or are you farming reputation?

All the parties are formed. All the gangs are born. The Beast has been chosen. Who is going to win in the end? We'll set fire to the shore. We'll set fire to the sea. We'll set fire to the meadow. We'll bring this whole world to it's knees.
Back to top Go down
gunslinger6792

gunslinger6792

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 12:29 am

Having uploaded alot of mods to the nexus you have to decide why you're doing it. For me it's either because I just made it anyway so why not share and in other cases I specifically made it because I wanted people to like it and I just like building things. The issue becomes the users in a lot of cases. OH i want x feature with topless women. Better yet just put a picture of an attractive woman or make a bikini mod and everyone comes running. Thus leaving your mod ignored and in the trash heap of the nexus's many files. Still it can be useful to upload the mods there because they'll be there and I don't have to keep the files laying around my hardrive when I don't want them anymore. With all of that said I started off on the nexus and have been helped by many of the people there. I've also ran into my fair share of assholes. The moral of the story regardless of what you do make sure you know why you're doing it.
Back to top Go down
Sentience

Sentience

Character sheet
Name: The Lone Courier
Faction: Independent
Level: 41 /50

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 1:03 am

I've enjoyed my time at The Nexus for the most part, what I haven't enjoyed is a few comments here and there that mod authors receive from users. People with very few posts leave some of the worst messages, how this feature sucks or how this should have been done that way. I'm sure there are more experienced users who have a bad day, same for mod authors, but honestly someone made a free add-on to a game and some folks feel so F*n entitled.

The problem is people have nothing to lose as simple mod users on The Nexus, as I see people just strike up a new account within the same day if banned.

I've been pretty lucky I guess, most of my comments and interactions have been positive, and I've met a lot of helpful modders in their forums.

What I appreciate about GUN as a whole is the idea of respect and community, and how trolls are weeded out rather quickly and not tolerated. It just makes for a more welcoming experience every time I log on. I wish I could say that for all of the sites that I use in a day's time...

ayylmao22

ayylmao22

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 am

The Iron Ranger wrote:
Here is a quote from a complaint on the nexus about a reasonably popular mod. (I won't put any names or point fingers)

"Any one who downloads this mod is doing a disservice to the modding community of Fallout. This person has never made a mod before does not deserve mod of the month. #PcMasterRace"

No idea why the #PcMasterRace was necessary...

To be like," I'm part of subreddit on reddit. My opinion is fact."

PostSubject: Re: Uploading mods to nexus   Uploading mods to nexus Empty

Back to top Go down

Uploading mods to nexus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1