Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!

HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel

Profile Image Guidelines
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spiderbite

PostSubject: Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug   Sat 20 Jun 2015, 10:24

So this week i went on a kinda modding spree for new vegas and for some strange reason today i get on and the game freaks out teeth textures and random assorted textures started appearing in random interior cells and gun meshes that used to be there are just red exclamation errors blood that appears on the ground is just a red square and blood that appears on weapons like the baton is bright red i have no idea why this is happening and its not the first time the way i fixed it last time was to uninstall and play a fresh cop[y of the game and yes i do have archive invalidation on ive installed all mods carefully and have verified my game cache dozens of times i honestly dont want to uninstall and re install all my mods as i have around 150 of them not counting textures and all of them i have installed correctly and one last thing i forgot to mention i have pip boy radius and it used to work perfectly now it just appears as a missing mesh (red exclamation mark) any help with this issue is greatly appreciated

link to the pictures of the issue http://imgur.com/a/8KxJO

PostSubject: Re: Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug   Sat 20 Jun 2015, 11:12

Post your load order, what mods you recently installed and how are you installing the mods...

...NMM, MO or manual?

Did you install each mod 1 at time and test them in-game before adding another one?

Did you add the mods during a game in progress?

Did you have to remove any mods due to incompatibilities with ones you wanted to add?

Need a bit more info to really help you out here...I wouldn't touch or remove any mods or take anybody's advice until you can provide more info. It'd just be speculation at this point as there could be numerous things that could be causing this problem.

I had a similar thing happen a year or two ago, I disabled all my mods (disable, not uninstall) and ran the game after re-activating each individual .esp. This is really the only way to be 100% sure about locating the problem mods/conflicts.

N~dles

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug   Sat 20 Jun 2015, 15:20

Fallout can handle about 144 active plugins, then you start to have problems, little ones like lagging and such. When I had about 190 active plugins I had the same problem you are having right now. I suggest merging plugins to reduce your load order, that helps a lot.

PostSubject: Re: Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug   Sat 20 Jun 2015, 23:58

@mpaz96 wrote:
Fallout can handle about 144 active plugins, then you start to have problems, little ones like lagging and such. When I had about 190 active plugins I had the same problem you are having right now. I suggest merging plugins to reduce your load order, that helps a lot.

This is very true...I merged a bunch of plugins, got my count down to 70. I always try to keep my count below 125, the game just seems to be smoother below that.

N~dles

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug   Today at 10:39

Back to top Go down

Unusual texture and possibliy mesh bug

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1