Gaming Underground Network

Come for the Mods, Stay for the Community!
 
HomeCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Info Panel
________________
FO MOD MASTER THREAD
TES MOD MASTER THREAD

________________


________________


_
July 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
     12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Fallout 4 Discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
gav07Gaming

avatar

Posts : 1115
Join date : 2014-12-27
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 20 Jun 2015 - 7:48

alonewolf003 wrote:
@Gyrard wrote:
I'm more upset with the character having a pre-determined past beyond something vague like being a courier. Feels like you're playing Bethesda's character, not your character. Fallout 3 pulled it off well because of the premise and Liam ****ing Neeson. We'll see how they do in Fallout 4, I suppose.

Not really that much of a past, you have a wife, you have a child, you own a house, you have a Mr.Handy named Codsworth, they all died except Codsworth.

Fallout NV:
You're a courier for the Mojave Express, you don't have a wife, no children, you deliver a special chip, you got robbed and shot in the head, got rescued by Mr.House's robot.

FNV gives you more insight on your past if you ask me.

Also Lonesome Road gives the courier a huge past
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soju

avatar

Posts : 2257
Join date : 2014-10-19
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 20 Jun 2015 - 8:15

gav07NewVegas wrote:
alonewolf003 wrote:
@Gyrard wrote:
I'm more upset with the character having a pre-determined past beyond something vague like being a courier. Feels like you're playing Bethesda's character, not your character. Fallout 3 pulled it off well because of the premise and Liam ****ing Neeson. We'll see how they do in Fallout 4, I suppose.

Not really that much of a past, you have a wife, you have a child, you own a house, you have a Mr.Handy named Codsworth, they all died except Codsworth.

Fallout NV:
You're a courier for the Mojave Express, you don't have a wife, no children, you deliver a special chip, you got robbed and shot in the head, got rescued by Mr.House's robot.

FNV gives you more insight on your past if you ask me.

Also Lonesome Road gives the courier a huge past

Oh yeah, how did I forget that lol.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thugpog95

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2015-02-23
Age : 21
Location : Straya,VIC

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 20 Jun 2015 - 17:20

Bethesda absolutely smashed it this year at e3 just wow, I cant believe how good fallout 4 looks also the new features that are going to be in the game, another big one is bringing mods to the Xbox one version of the game is just a big hype for me and it will be interesting to see how it will work out and what its limits will be I cant wait for fallout 4 to be released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dawncloud

avatar

Posts : 37
Join date : 2015-06-20
Age : 17

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 20 Jun 2015 - 22:31

Also, did anyone notice the airship which was flying over the skyscrapers, looks similar to the Brotherhood of Steel dirigibles? My theory on this has two possible outcomes.

1. That actually IS a BoS dirigible, and Bethesda is bringing out an old concept artwork. Possibly even the Brotherhood traveling from West to East coast, before the events such as the Scourge. If so, that would make even more sense since Pittsburgh would be along the trail toward DC.

2. If you look closely, you are able to see a Vertibird escorting the dirigible, and if Fallout 4 is relatively around the Fallout 3 era in 2277, it could possibly be the Enclave either seeking out new areas to settle in, or the Enclave searching for President Eden's signal from Raven Rock. This is also supported due to the fact that in new gameplay E3 video, you are able to catch a glimpse of what seems to be relative to Advanced Power Armor. Since the Enclave most likely designed the Advanced MK. II Armor seen in Fallout 3 when they started to reside in Raven Rock.

What do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BKR1888

avatar

Posts : 77
Join date : 2015-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 2:40

I tweeted Pete Hines about the PC requirements and got a reply. Gonna be awhile Sad I'm going to build as powerful a machine as I can. Just to be on the safe side Smile


_________________
ONE MIND ANY WEAPON.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jack12456

avatar

Posts : 1
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 8:03

that trailer was so epic that i just cant wait for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vietphil

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-03-13
Age : 16
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 8:09

I think my favorite feature for fallout 4 is either building or customizing weapons or even the jetpack!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gyrard

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-05-15
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 8:28

Just imagine the custom weapon and armor mods. No longer will we have to have multiple guns for more than three attachments or different color schemes. No longer will we have to choose between two suits, one with a cooler shoulder or one with a cooler color. No longer will we have to choose between style or functionality, form or function.

This is it, boys. We've reached perfection. The dream is real.

_________________
"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vietphil

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-03-13
Age : 16
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Tue 23 Jun 2015 - 0:03

Do you think fallout 4 will have drivable vehicles like a motorcycle at least?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delta6020

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 23
Location : Somewhere secret

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Tue 23 Jun 2015 - 0:13

@Vietphil wrote:
Do you think fallout 4 will have drivable vehicles like a motorcycle at least?
I don't think so but that would be awesome though!!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vietphil

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2015-03-13
Age : 16
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Tue 23 Jun 2015 - 0:43

I guess we'll have to let modding do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usiel

avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2014-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Tue 23 Jun 2015 - 0:47

I honestly don't mind if there's no driving. I would like to see the return of a few other mods however, like the Storyteller, and the Mobile Truck Base.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Funshine

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2015-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Tue 23 Jun 2015 - 11:13

Do you guys think the ammo system from FNV will return in F4?

Not only did I enjoy having the flexibility of going against armored and unarmored enemies with 1 weapon, but I would really miss the possibility to craft my own ammo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rjohnston96

avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 20
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Holy Moly is Right!   Wed 24 Jun 2015 - 18:49

@Trentosss wrote:
My body can only take so much, everything about that was amazing holy moly, it's better than I could have expected.

I just about released my bowels when i saw that they integrated wasteland defense into the game, and souped it up for that matter. It looks like you'll be able to hire on crew members and stuff, judging by the shot of that giant mortar being used by an NPC. I'm really looking forward to that whole aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MWguitarist

avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Fallout 4? Dual Wielding Mod Possible now?   Thu 25 Jun 2015 - 23:18

So this has been an idea ive always wondered about in the fallout series. Why couldnt we dual wield basic handguns or for those that want a more crazy approach, dual wield other weapons as well (power fists, melee's etc). Given the mechanics of their old engine and how the gameplay worked, dual wielding weapons was not possible. I'm also assuming the rigging and animations required to make a modded dual wielding mechanic would be a lot of work, which is why I haven't found one to this day.

But with the new fallout coming out soon and how they implemented dual wielding into skyrim. Do you think it will be in fallout 4? Maybe a feature they haven't shown yet, OR, easier to mod into fallout 4 this time around? From what we've seen its the basic single handgun/sub machine gun cop shooting stance, would be nice to akimbo once and a while just to get some flare out there for those that want to XD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LukaTheJawa

avatar

Posts : 2217
Join date : 2015-06-17
Age : 16
Location : Scavenging for parts

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Thu 25 Jun 2015 - 23:26

Could would maybe be a bit op like in skyrim.
Also dual gun weilding ? How are you going to reload ? Not those fake animastions many games like doom use for them , at least i hope.

For melee it could but dont see why it would be usuful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jazzhandsxxxx

avatar

Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-04-18
Location : Straya

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 27 Jun 2015 - 14:48

@Funshine wrote:
Do you guys think the ammo system from FNV will return in F4?

Not only did I enjoy having the flexibility of going against armored and unarmored enemies with 1 weapon, but I would really miss the possibility to craft my own ammo.

considering that you can turn a laser pistol into a rifle and possibly craft power armor i don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rjohnston96

avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 20
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 3:44

lukaboot wrote:
Could would maybe be a bit op like in skyrim.
Also dual gun weilding ? How are you going to reload ? Not those fake animastions many games like doom use for them , at least i hope.

For melee it could but dont see why it would be usuful.

I think it would only be for some guns, like halo. Sure the reloading is a problem though, but this is a clear instance of where game developers gotta just say fuck logic, that's amazing. I mean there's jetpacks.... gotta add duel wielding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soju

avatar

Posts : 2257
Join date : 2014-10-19
Location : USA

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 10:22

@MWguitarist wrote:
So this has been an idea ive always wondered about in the fallout series. Why couldnt we dual wield basic handguns or for those that want a more crazy approach, dual wield other weapons as well (power fists, melee's etc). Given the mechanics of their old engine and how the gameplay worked, dual wielding weapons was not possible. I'm also assuming the rigging and animations required to make a modded dual wielding mechanic would be a lot of work, which is why I haven't found one to this day.

But with the new fallout coming out soon and how they implemented dual wielding into skyrim. Do you think it will be in fallout 4? Maybe a feature they haven't shown yet, OR, easier to mod into fallout 4 this time around? From what we've seen its the basic single handgun/sub machine gun cop shooting stance, would be nice to akimbo once and a while just to get some flare out there for those that want to XD.

Well if they don't put dual wield weapons or mechanics in the game, I can see why. I mean, giving people options to dual wield a gun gives something away, like, modern ninja/assassin-ish (like Hitman 47 from the video game)? And that wouldn't be fitting with the Wasteland.

Also, Xcom 2, Metal Gear Solid V, Mad Max, all of them release either before or after Fallout 4 by a month/week/wtever. Because screw all of y'all wallets, right? closed eyes smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gyrard

avatar

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-05-15
Age : 22
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Sat 4 Jul 2015 - 16:47

Dual-wielding doesn't mesh well with the grim aesthetic of Fallout, mostly because it's nonsensical as hell. For starters, even expert shooters with decades of experience wouldn't even contemplate dual wielding. This is because your accuracy goes down the drain, as does your reload speed, recoil management, and general dexterity. The people that dual-wield anything to any great extent are either superhuman, or operating by rule of cool. While Fallout may have some silly moments, for the most part, it tries to take itself seriously, and it can't do that with something as silly as dual-wielding.

_________________
"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   

Back to top Go down
 

Fallout 4 Discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Fallout 4: The Synths. What are they?
» Fallout 4 Ending Discussion (MAJOR SPOILERS)
» Worst Fallout Weapons
» Fallout 4 Discussion.
» Fallout 4 - Official Trailer, Gameplay and Discussion

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Underground Network :: Fallout :: Discussion-